Game Day Footscray vs Bombers 12pm whitten oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard that Fuller is gone for the year with his shoulder. Why doesn't the club give an update to members on Prudden and Pearce ? I cannot understand the non transparency compared to other AFL clubs who keep their members updated
Update on Prudden and Pearce: They sat near us in the stands in non-club clothes knocking back pies and chips.

Had a really enjoyable day at Whitten Oval. Heckling Melksham from the stands is never wasted time, and loved seeing a few boys really put their hands up for selection.

Appreciated Mitch Honeychurch's Dad and Uncle spotting my jumper and having a chat with me on the ground, they're exceptionally proud of him and seemed like really genuine, down to earth people. They seemed pretty happy with my answer as to why I bought the jumper, too.

Also enjoyed running into immortalmike and jaxie1. :)

Had a really enjoyable day at Whitten Oval. Heckling Melksham from the stands is never wasted time, and loved seeing a few boys really put their hands up for selection.

Appreciated Mitch Honeychurch's Dad and Uncle spotting my jumper and having a chat with me on the ground, they're exceptionally proud of him and seemed like really genuine, down to earth people. They seemed pretty happy with my answer as to why I bought the jumper, too.

Was Mitch's dad/uncle bald and in a honeychurch jumper?

What was that again?

Was Mitch's dad/uncle bald and in a honeychurch jumper?
Yeah, that was his uncle. Terrific bloke, hope to run into him again whether it's at the AFL or VFL game.

Seems like Jong had one of his better games, what do people reckon?

All the dills that get on this board , saying Jong wouldn't be picked up any other club , are just that, dills.
Was very good and let me tell those dills he has a lot more ability than most of the Essendon VFL side.

What was that again?
Mitch is the same height as me, similar build, same colour hair, same age and plays the same position on the ground. And watching his first couple of VFL games, I loved his attack on the footy and his love of a fight. No brainer.

No beers though? Hhhmmm lol :p

So we might not see them for a while/ever again?
Pearce was finished after we played Collingwood, aggravated/re-did a knee injury that he sustained earlier in the year.

Not sure why Prudden missed. Both will be on our list next year, though.

And no, no beers :p Both probably still on P plates and have to drive home.

Yeah, that was his uncle. Terrific bloke, hope to run into him again whether it's at the AFL or VFL game.
I spent about 20 minutes after I saw that bloke deliberating about whether it was you and you'd actually been lying to us about your appearance :p

Oh and heckling Melksham is always fun, especially when an Essendon girl joins in with you on it :D Great game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Likewise mate. Also great to run into VitalDread and Easty. Quality blokes the lot of you.

VFL game gave me a touch of the feels today. Watched as parents taught their kids the ways of the Western Oval and where they used to stand/sit. Had a bit of a walk around at halftime and because I was went alone (at least for the second quarter) it gave me time to think about how far we've come as a club since I went to my first game in the early 90s at that very oval. It reminded me of why I love this club and all it stands for. Great place.

As for the game, can't say I was too disappointed in anyone's performance, across the board every player put in and did their part. Stand-outs for me were, Fletcher Roberts spoiling, the improvement in Talia's disposal, Clay Smith's :)() voice, and Jones' arrogance in knowing he's above the level. Apart from Clay's knee, brilliant day out.
Oh and quick highlight, got a laugh out of Gia after telling him to go another year. Mission accomplished.

Thought Clay was best on until he got injured, God he was hitting those tackles ferociously hard.
Jones the best, pretty solid form all round from the others. Lower and Goodes, the standout mids after Clay went down.
Campbell was good in the ruck.
Young and Higgins were good across half back, but I still don't know if Young has what it takes, and I don't think Higgins did enough to get back into the senior team.
Grant was lively but needs to have a bigger impact.
The Hayes brothers are pretty classy.

Likewise mate. Also great to run into VitalDread and Easty. Quality blokes the lot of you.

VFL game gave me a touch of the feels today. Watched as parents taught their kids the ways of the Western Oval and where they used to stand/sit. Had a bit of a walk around at halftime and because I was went alone (at least for the second quarter) it gave me time to think about how far we've come as a club since I went to my first game in the early 90s at that very oval. It reminded me of why I love this club and all it stands for. Great place.

As for the game, can't say I was too disappointed in anyone's performance, across the board every player put in and did their part. Stand-outs for me were, Fletcher Roberts spoiling, the improvement in Talia's disposal, Clay Smith's :)() voice, and Jones' arrogance in knowing he's above the level. Apart from Clay's knee, brilliant day out.
Oh and quick highlight, got a laugh out of Gia after telling him to go another year. Mission accomplished.
Same to you mike, always good to catch up and have a chat.

Whom played in the forward 6?? Jones, grant and who else?

Jones, Grant, Gia ran through here and half back, Clay sat down there a little, Cordy or Campbell tended to play central from the square and the lkes of the Hayes brothers played along HFF from what I saw.

Will be there. I'd fear more for them if Clay didn't get hurt. Poor Clay, he doesn't deserve this s**t :(

But my god, are we going to destroy them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back