2nds Footscray's finals series

Remove this Banner Ad

But there is also:
"20.7 Notwithstanding the provisions of Rule 20, for a VFL Club(s) who does not field a AFL Victoria Development League team in the competition, AFL listed players must qualify players under Regulation 20.2 and must have played not more than 12 AFL games to be eligible to play in VFL finals matches."
and since this is a VFL finals match and he has played more than 12 AFL wouldn't that count him out?

I think the first part supersedes the second. Which makes sense, otherwise be a few players with nowhere to play this week which is what the seconds is for is it not? I'm pretty sure Minson can play this week.

Did I read correct that it said gates open @ 9am?!
That's right.

There is an AFL Vic Development League (VFL Reserves) semi final as the curtain raiser - Williamstown v Box Hill.

As far as I know, it shouldn't be a fully ticketed game, but a roll up on game day situation, like previous finals.

Strangely, Whiiten Oval will have temp fencing to charge gate, but the Vic Park final won't!!! Gate money goes to the league, but bar/ food sales to the club.

As far as I know, it shouldn't be a fully ticketed game, but a roll up on game day situation, like previous finals.

That's odd. The club have told us - and I personally have obliged - to pre-book online to avoid being shut out.

The match will be a ticketed event, with capacity strictly limited at the venue.

Patrons are advised to pre-purchase tickets online and print them at home to avoid queues on the day.

That's odd. The club have told us - and I personally have obliged - to pre-book online to avoid being shut out.
I think they are anticipating a bumper crowd with the amount of talk on Social Media and around the traps

I don't think anybody will be shut out.

There'll be a bumper crowd, but they'll get everybody who wants to get in, into the ground.

The record crowd for VUWO is 42,354 set on 9 July 1955 Round 12 Footscray vs Collingwood. (We won 5.13 43 to 5.7 37 after trailing 1.5 to 5.2 at half time.)

So roll up ... there's plenty of room for everyone!

For those wanting to catch the train from West Footscray to Etihad, the trains leave West Footscray every 20 minutes.
So 3.07pm, 3.27pm, 3.47pm 4.07pm and 4.27pm

There is no reason why people can't get to both the VFL and AFL games.

I don't think anybody will be shut out.

There'll be a bumper crowd, but they'll get everybody who wants to get in, into the ground.

Crowds during the first week of VFL finals in the past have been around the 1,500 to 3,000 mark.

Best first week crowd I can remember was last year when Geelong VFL hosted Casey on a Friday night and got around 5,000.

I'd be very surprised (but in a good way) if the Doggies got 10,000 for the 'Western Derby' qualifying final.

That's right.

There is an AFL Vic Development League (VFL Reserves) semi final as the curtain raiser - Williamstown v Box Hill.

Strangely, Whiiten Oval will have temp fencing to charge gate, but the Vic Park final won't!!! Gate money goes to the league, but bar/ food sales to the club.

Makes sense then (RE: gates opening super early for the curtain raiser)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be amazing if they got that many. I can't see it being as big as that, but I think it will be a pretty decent crowd. Willi don't have a lot of supporters, perhaps if we were playing another AFL aligned team we might get something like that?

Well, we probably got about 4000 to the first Richmond game so I'd say that there is a fair chance that we'll get a larger turnout this time.

Well, we probably got about 4000 to the first Richmond game so I'd say that there is a fair chance that we'll get a larger turnout this time.

I was at that game....4,000? Hard to know but I doubt it was as much as that but I'm just guessing. There were quite a few Richmond supporters there also.

I know the club is talking up the crowd and talking up that they may run out of space, I reckon you could rock up at 1pm and get in no problems. I have pre bought tickets because I hate lining up for them not because I don't want to miss out. That would be extraordinary, if they have to turn people away. Would love to see it!

As long as they don't run outta beer

That happened during the first game, yeah?
If that's a possibility, I could use my mate's older brother's idea. 'Core' a loaf of bread and stick a few cans in there.

Handy trick.

It's interesting, but I think Gordon's right, this will be the first VFA/VFL final to be played at Whitten Oval (and it never hosted a VFL/AFL final either). Whenever we were the home team in a Final before 1924, we played at Arden St, and Grand Finals were played either there, the East Melbourne CG, or the MCG proper.

If that's a possibility, I could use my mate's older brother's idea. 'Core' a loaf of bread and stick a few cans in there.

Handy trick.

Or you can use one of these and free up a hand:
boobie-bags-3.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back