Footy Classified Misrepresenting Hardwick's Comments - Disgrace

Remove this Banner Ad

TigerTime3

Cancelled
Aug 19, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
On Footy Classified they've asked the question: Is Hardwick a hypocrite for approaching Yarran behind the scenes after firmly saying 'that should be done in the trade period' in Round 4?

However, they've stuffed up and taken his comments way out of context.

By "that" he was actually referring to club officials publicly enticing opposition players (by talking about them) in the media - and it was a direct response to Justin Leppitsch's public comments on Brisbane wanting Alex Rance to move north.

Hardwick made an excellent point - don't publicly talk about contracted opposition players you'd like to poach.

Making a direct presentation to Yarran in private is a totally different context to Hardwick's response to Leppa's public comments about Rance to the wider football public.

He never said clubs shouldn't talk to opposition players.

Is it an intentional act by Footy Classified to misrepresent someone's comments in order to generate low quality discussion among the less critically equipped?

While I agree it's a beat up, your argument seems to be
- don't destabilise players publicly
- destalbilise players privately.

Isn't life hard in professional sports?

I can't believe I wasted 2 minutes of my life reading a post by a naive 4 year old.

Making a direct presentation to Yarran in private is a totally different context to Hardwick's response to Leppa's public comments about Rance to the wider football public.
I'm pretty sure there are rules against clubs talking to contracted opposition players directly. No rules against talking about players in public.

I'm pretty sure there are rules against clubs talking to contracted opposition players directly. No rules against talking about players in public.

yep there are rules. But you're naive if you think it doesn't happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yep there are rules. But you're naive if you think it doesn't happen.
Of course it happens and if Hardwick has broken those rules he shouldn't be complaining about another coach that isn't breaking the rules.

You can't offer a contract or agree to terms, but you are allowed to talk with them directly.

The unethical direction the AFL media is taking makes my blood boil!

"From our point of view there is a trade period and a free agency period at the end of the year and this is where all this should be taken care of"

Yep, he was referring to club officials publicly enticing opposition players - a direct response to Leppa's comments about loving Rance to move north.

He never said clubs shouldn't talk to opposition players privately.

You made the same critical thinking "mistake" that FC made.

Idiots, everywhere.

You can't offer a contract or agree to terms, but you are allowed to talk with them directly.

The unethical direction the AFL media is taking makes my blood boil!

You are also allowed to talk publicly so Leppa has done nothing wrong either.

You are also allowed to talk publicly so Leppa has done nothing wrong either.

Dimma was saying you shouldn't lure opposition players via the media. It was a comment about honourable behaviour and how we 'should' behave.

He believes club officials have a duty of responsibility to not pander to the media's desires to discuss Patrick Dangerfield's contract 365 days of the year.

Dimma was saying you shouldn't lure opposition players via the media. He believes club officials have a duty of responsibility to not pander to the media's desires to discuss Patrick Dangerfield's contract 365 days of the year.
That is his opinion, doesn't mean its the opinion of others.

There are people out there that have the opinion you shouldn't talk to contracted opposition players.

Not the first or last time the media will fudge someones comments.

That's very true.

The reason this rubs me the wrong way is the fake argumentative manner in which they framed the out-of-context hypocrite question.

Carelessness I can forgive, but this is 100% intentional.

Dimma was saying you shouldn't lure opposition players via the media. It was a comment about honourable behaviour and how we 'should' behave.

He believes club officials have a duty of responsibility to not pander to the media's desires to discuss Patrick Dangerfield's contract 365 days of the year.

Who cares?

'Dimma' got his panties in a bunch because he didn't like all the talk about Alex Rance in the media. No rules broken.

He apparently has no problem with Richmond approaching Chris Yarran (more likely his manager) before the trade period. Again, no rules broken.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back