FTA-TV Footy Classified

Remove this Banner Ad

Listed at the viewer friendly time of 11:10pm on tuesday in perth :rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-S7500T using Tapatalk 2

And it returns with a new Exec Producer, as the old one (James Hird's personal friend Rod Law) is out on his ass.

Interesting to see if the massive EFC protection racket of the last 2 years on that show continues without Law calling the shots.

Edit: Oops, wrong show. Thought this was the AFL360 thread:confused:
Mr Wallet what evidence can you give the court please?

Wonder if Dank will pop his head out from his burrow instead of his usual appearences on stations nobody listens to or watches, like he did with his interview on ABC Newsradio over the weekend?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon fans have tried to demonise Caroline Wilson throughout their self-created performance-enhancing drug scandal.
Everyone else has preferred her coverage of events than many of the softcox and apologists elsewhere in the media.

When you consider what occurred at Windy Hill and the punishment the Bombers have already received, not to mention the likely findings tomorrow, then it's fair enough that Caro placed her cross-hairs on the people in charge at Essendon. I can understand why Essendon people hate her, but if & when they ever get around to acknowledging what their club did, then they might agree that Caro was justified.

This is the real world and Bomber fans don't like the reality (or struggle to accept reality)

Essendon fans have tried to demonise Caroline Wilson throughout their self-created performance-enhancing drug scandal.
Everyone else has preferred her coverage of events than many of the softcox and apologists elsewhere in the media.

When you consider what occurred at Windy Hill and the punishment the Bombers have already received, not to mention the likely findings tomorrow, then it's fair enough that Caro placed her cross-hairs on the people in charge at Essendon. I can understand why Essendon people hate her, but if & when they ever get around to acknowledging what their club did, then they might agree that Caro was justified.

This is the real world and Bomber fans don't like the reality (or struggle to accept reality)

I can only speak about myself, I have no objection to Caro covering events but the tone of her reporting has been less on the facts and more about personalities, if it was found that yes Hird did the wrong thing then yes she can call for his sacking but to go for the he should be sacked before any findings have been announced has shown a lack of respect for due process.

I don't see her being as aggressive towards other clubs when they have issues, it will be interesting to see how hard she goes after Collingwood.

I am not saying that she should but if she wants cred then she has now set the standard of her journalism, the interesting thing is her husband is also a Jurno, he is always fair and balanced in his reporting, Caro can learn a thing or two about being balanced.

Only after people have been found guilty should there be calls for sackings or resignations.

:drunk:

I don't see her being as aggressive towards other clubs when they have issues
Are you shitting me? Ask the North fans what they thought of Caro. Or ask the West Coast fans what they thought of Caro when they went though their period of strife with Cousins, Gardiner, and co..

When the Hawks were going nowhere over 10 years ago, I used to hate the vindictive attacks by Caro on my club. Nowadays I look on back that and I think it was fair enough - it wasn't "fair". She was kicking us while we were down, but we probably deserved it. We didn't have our house in order and we were a bit of a joke. She viciously attacked Hawthorn and Crawford over the "Shane Crawford Exposed" documentary. Most of her attacks were unfair… Part of the anger I felt was because the truth hurts. It was totally ridiculous that our club allowed Crawford to carry on with all his embarrassing bullshit in the media while he was the face of our club (and captain.) It was a bad look for our club, bad for our image and bad for the team.

Caro doesn't win any friends with her negativity. That's always been her stock in trade. As long as it's not Richmond, she has never been afraid to lash clubs. It's what she has done for the past 15-20 years. I reckon everyone is happy when it's not their club she is sticking her boot into. I wonder how many Essendon fans used to happily read Caroline Wilson's articles, but now they hate her because she's writing about their club. For 15 years, you probably didn't mind her (or the footy media, in general) but now you see it isn't all roses...

It makes me laugh to see Essendon fans moaning about the ill-treatment and media sensationalism directed towards Hird when they were probably the most vocal critics of Alastair Clarkson when the media was sensationalising his various "angry" outbursts.

That's awesome. Good to see you worked out how to post emoticons.

Hopefully some funny gifs and memes next week and then whole words and sentences the week after that.

160365.jpg

Are you shitting me? Ask the North fans what they thought of Caro. Or ask the West Coast fans what they thought of Caro when they went though their period of strife with Cousins, Gardiner, and co..

When the Hawks were going nowhere over 10 years ago, I used to hate the vindictive attacks by Caro on my club. Nowadays I look on back that and I think it was fair enough - it wasn't "fair". She was kicking us while we were down, but we probably deserved it. We didn't have our house in order and we were a bit of a joke. She viciously attacked Hawthorn and Crawford over the "Shane Crawford Exposed" documentary. Most of her attacks were unfair… Part of the anger I felt was because the truth hurts. It was totally ridiculous that our club allowed Crawford to carry on with all his embarrassing bullshit in the media while he was the face of our club (and captain.) It was a bad look for our club, bad for our image and bad for the team.

Caro doesn't win any friends with her negativity. That's always been her stock in trade. As long as it's not Richmond, she has never been afraid to lash clubs. It's what she has done for the past 15-20 years. I reckon everyone is happy when it's not their club she is sticking her boot into. I wonder how many Essendon fans used to happily read Caroline Wilson's articles, but now they hate her because she's writing about their club. For 15 years, you probably didn't mind her (or the footy media, in general) but now you see it isn't all roses...

It makes me laugh to see Essendon fans moaning about the ill-treatment and media sensationalism directed towards Hird when they were probably the most vocal critics of Alastair Clarkson when the media was sensationalising his various "angry" outbursts.

I might be shitting you, after all that would be a normal Hawthorn response to anything Essendon ;)

I never got stuck into Hawthorn during Clarko's early years, partly because I could see that he was building a strong side, I am more than aware of Caro's love/hate relationship with North fans adn her willingness to lash out at various clubs, there have been times when I have agreed with her.

As I wrote, if it was proven that yes Hirdy had run a drug program then I would join Caro in calling for his sacking but considering no one at Essendon has tested positive to taking performance enhancing drugs then its not Caro's job or Barret's job to go around calling for Hirdy's sacking without reason.

As I wrote, if it was proven that yes Hirdy had run a drug program then I would join Caro in calling for his sacking but considering no one at Essendon has tested positive to taking performance enhancing drugs then its not Caro's job or Barret's job to go around calling for Hirdy's sacking without reason.
The drug saga has never been about Essendon players testing positive. Not sure why Essendon fans are clinging to this lame defence.

There is no test for Thymosin Beta 4. Peptides such as this are the new generation of PEDs
That doesn't mean your players weren't injected with TB4 or won't be banned.

ASADA have a mountain of evidence which shows that Essendon used this banned substance to improve their players' recovery and build their strength: texts and emails between Hird, Dank, Robinson and Charters, players consent forms, invoices from Alavi, backdating of invoices (which clearly show Dank's attempt to cover-up his wrongdoing.)

There is no point in trying to ignore all of the evidence, or pretending they don't have the goods on Essendon. We are way past that stage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back