FTA-TV Footy Classified

Remove this Banner Ad

No Damian, don't blame social media for the Goodes freeze frame story. People having a laugh in Bay 13 don't get to splash things on the back page of a Murdoch jizz rag.

^ nah, he combs it forward for the show. :D

Did you see The Footy Show a couple of weeks ago? They showed him doing a promo for Footy Classified with no hair, then, on the same night, an hour later, he had the comb-forward job :p

Last edited:
rYBU2aG.gif

So, Llloyd's been busted either speaking s**t or not knowing what he was talking about on Footy Classified regarding the black armbands that some Essendon players wore on their forearms in the 2001 GF to mock the Brisbane players about their intravenous rehydration.

'The Herald Sun has confirmed a group of Bombers wore black armbands around their forearms in an attempt to taunt their Brisbane rivals.
Brisbane used intravenous drips to rehydrate players at half time of games in 2001 until the controversial practice was banned by the AFL.
It was reported at the time that Essendon players wore the tape as a mark of respect to Michael Long, who missed the game due to a hamstring injury sustained at the final training session. But a senior Essendon premiership player told the Herald Sun: “It definitely was to do with the (intravenous drip) regimen”.

The Herald-Sun didn't need an unnamed Essendon player to confirm it, because Damien Hardwick said it on the doco about the 2001 Grand Final. :D SEN played it this morning

637287-1a0e8a60-1e42-11e5-b3d7-dcd53e0ab2bf.jpg

Last edited:
So, Llloyd's been busted either speaking s**t or not knowing what he was talking about on Footy Classified regarding the black armbands that some Essendon players wore on their forearms in the 2001 GF to mock the Brisbane players about their intravenous recuperation program.

'The Herald Sun has confirmed a group of Bombers wore black armbands around their forearms in an attempt to taunt their Brisbane rivals.
Brisbane used intravenous drips to rehydrate players at half time of games in 2001 until the controversial practice was banned by the AFL.
It was reported at the time that Essendon players wore the tape as a mark of respect to Michael Long, who missed the game due to a hamstring injury sustained at the final training session. But a senior Essendon premiership player told the Herald Sun: “It definitely was to do with the (intravenous drip) regimen”.

The Herald-Sun didn't need an unnamed Essendon player to confirm it, because Damien Hardwick said it on the doco about the 2001 Grand Final. :D

637287-1a0e8a60-1e42-11e5-b3d7-dcd53e0ab2bf.jpg

unlike Velvet to openly bullshit about something, he seems pretty honest and straight-forward - maybe he just blocked the 2001 GF out of his mind , I know I probs would.

unlike Velvet to openly bullshit about something, he seems pretty honest and straight-forward - maybe he just blocked the 2001 GF out of his mind , I know I probs would.

He just bleeds too Red and Black especially during this scandal. With no Caro to call him on things, it's just annoying. I don't think he's dishonest either, just one-eyed.

Also, when is Caro coming back? Walking acne is doing my head in.... much better on that AFL 10 minute thing with GL, cannot watch a full hour though.

He just bleeds too Red and Black especially during this scandal. With no Caro to call him on things, it's just annoying. I don't think he's dishonest either, just one-eyed.

Also, when is Caro coming back? Walking acne is doing my head in.... much better on that AFL 10 minute thing with GL, cannot watch a full hour though.

fair enough - nfi about Caro, who takes a multi-week break during the footy season if your whole job is footy-based???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never thought I'd miss Carro so much; more so on 3aw, which is very ho-hum without her (the pre-game stuff). :D
Sure, she pisses me off sometimes, but opinionated people are bound to do that at least occasionally

I really like her and she is ace during the 3aw pre-game shows. Can't take FC with Barrett for some reason and I do miss the arrow.

c71937d1-6a9e-40a8-b1ab-26f7790fd6ce.jpg

I'm sure it's been asked on other shows that life's too short to watch or listen to, but Jabba just asked Gaz and C-Ro if it was appropriate for the Herald Sun to run a front page snap of Harley "Bender" Bennell hoovering up disco dust two years ago.

Gaz looks right down the beam into J. Ralph's lounge room and asks him wtf and when will he apologize for being a po-faced, prevaricating perpetrator, lolz.

This has been a great show for Assified. Spitting, trouncing, malfeasance. Disco dust, problematic copy cat pile-drivers permitted and prohibited, DANK, Little Libba, and puerile, po-faced, populist plodders paying for pics.

Caro's back taking wide strips off Hutchy's hairy hide, and on the back of the Bombers' stack versus the Saints, she gave Lloyd a long lashing too, lol. Nate Bock copped a right and righteous skewering from her red-hot flaming arrow. Gold.

My recording finished after the tomorrow's headlines segment so I missed seeing G-Man's Closing Cook. Meh.

Drum machine drum roll please mister mock maestro...................................9/10!

Fashion Thing : Life's too short for me to confirm my belief that Gary's worn that same $#!7 shirt two [or three] times on Assified and once on TFS. Already.

Fashion King : Meh. Okay, okay - Jabba, because he looked average and his pocket square made sense with his shirt [in the absence of a tie, which is the pocket square's traditional point of reference].

Last edited:
Caro : Yeah but coaches usually end up getting the sack when players stop playing well.

And

Jabba the Hutch : The fact that it's worn them down...[unintelligible]...it's worn James down, he's been unbelievable...

Caro : He's been unbelievable - in his denial.

#sackhird

Caro stuck up for North and Brad Scott, trying to get back into the fold or something, and asked why Hutch doesn't go after Hardwick who has also been there a while, to which Hutch responded that if he didn't make finals this year he would also be under scrutiny. That was a good comeback.

Also you missed Jon Ralph's hypocrisy getting highlighted, something about the Hun never engaging in chequebook journalism which was an embarrassing comment after the Bennell photos were bought off some strippers probably.

Closing Cook was about the Suns' pre-game song being about cocaine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back