FTA-TV Footy Classified

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure why Hutchy cops so much grief over his stance on North. His view is perfectly understandable. I don't see what Garry and Caro don't get about it.

They played in a prelim last year and are every chance to get back again, but Hutchy's upset because a couple draftees aren't in the squad?

They played in a prelim last year and are every chance to get back again, but Hutchy's upset because a couple draftees aren't in the squad?

He has never said that they are a bad side, just that he doesn't think that they are good enough win a premiership with their list/team as constructed. Again, I don't see the fuss.

He has never said that they are a bad side, just that he doesn't think that they are good enough win a premiership with their list/team as constructed.

No team outside of the Top 4 has a list that can win a premiership. That's no reason to single out a team that's won finals in consecutive years.

Hutchy spends a lot of time in the States, what does he want them to do? Tank?

Was Hutchy against them bringing in Waite and maybe Higgins? Did he have a problem with Boomer playing on?

No team outside of the Top 4 has a list that can win a premiership. That's no reason to single out a team that's won finals in consecutive years.

Hutchy spends a lot of time in the States, what does he want them to do? Tank?

Was Hutchy against them bringing in Waite and maybe Higgins? Did he have a problem with Boomer playing on?

I can't remember/don't know the answer to those questions specifically.

But I am pretty sure he has said that it is his view that North have overestimated their position, i.e., they think they are closer to a premiership than they really are. Hutchy doesn't think that the recruitment of ready-made players like Waite and Higgins will ultimately pay off and help deliver them a premiership.

He is effectively saying that they are making up the numbers - they are a legitimate finals side, but not one, in his opinion, that can go all the way either this season or in the foreseeable future with the list as constructed. He'll either be proven right or wrong.

His view certainly does not deserve the vitriol and ridicule it attracts from an oddly defensive Garry and Caro.

I can't remember/don't know the answer to those questions specifically.

But I am pretty sure he has said that it is his view that North have overestimated their position, i.e., they think they are closer to a premiership than they really are. Hutchy doesn't think that the recruitment of ready-made players like Waite and Higgins will ultimately pay off and help deliver them a premiership.

He is effectively saying that they are making up the numbers - they are a legitimate finals side, but not one, in his opinion, that can go all the way either this season or in the foreseeable future with the list as constructed. He'll either be proven right or wrong.

His view certainly does not deserve the vitriol and ridicule it attracts from an oddly defensive Garry and Caro.

Yeah fair enough.

Norths can't over-estimate themselves until they finish Top 4. The other finals teams are all making up the numbers, historically speaking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good point re: DangerCat from Hutchy re: Buddy and Little Gary not helping their old clubs on the way out.

EDIT : Yes. In last place, a day late in the Who Cares Stakes - but isn't this the last Assified for the year?

Perennial Query #725 : Will Assified be back next year?

Last edited:
Jabba the Hutch opens the second segment with [mock?] praise for his whipping buoys, the Roos.

No one really sinks the boot into Jabba's hindquarters over Norths making consecutive prelims - then Jabba says that he'll wait until after the weekend's game before he concedes that he was wrong. Nice one.

He also says that last week he admitted that he was wrong over Waite and Higgins joining the Roos. He did say that, but later, in full pig-headed genius/iconoclast mode, he also said that he stood by everything he'd ever said about Norths.

I hope this is the last show for the year, Norths are gonna get barbecued out west.

Last edited:
Nice ep.

We had a good, in-depth discussion over DangerCat scenarios, Jabba carried on like a flog more than once, Caro fearlessly arrowed AFL sponsor Virgin Air and Jabba simultaneously, Gazz's curls were perfectly random and the Velvet Sledgehammer continued to give air to the rumour that Keanu will play him in the movie.

Fashion Thing : Coming to a musty, unkempt op shop nearish to you - Garry's shirt

Fashion King : Caro the Barbarian's modern frock and turquoise earthings

[cacophonous fanfares and thunderous drumrolls...]

7.5/10

Jabba the Hutch opens the second segment with [mock?] praise for his whipping buoys, the Roos.

No one really sinks the boot into Jabba's hindquarters over Norths making consecutive prelims - then Jabba says that he'll wait until after the weekend's game before he concedes that he was wrong. Nice one.

He also says that last week he admitted that he was wrong over Waite and Higgins joining the Roos. He did say that, but later, in full pig-headed genius/iconoclast mode, he also said that he stood by everything he'd ever said about Norths.

I hope this is the last show for the year, Norths are gonna get barbecued out west.

Assified [jk] is on tonight. Get ready for Hutchy's "I told you so" over Norths.

What a way to end the year...

Did "Ray Charles" perform chin cleft surgery on Jabba? What IS that?

It's probably all down to the Fool HD TV I bought at Cheap Charlie's Pop Up Bargain Basement, but does anyone recall seeing Jabba's graying temples ever before? Is that just light reflecting off his barely concealed chrome dome, or is he a closet ranga?

I'm not picking on the bloke but, fact fans, fact - he's gonna wind up looking like Donald Trump and Gerard Healy's love child.

Lol, Jabba's favorite line, usually muttered sotto voce while Caro the Barbarian is verbally battering him [ag'in] :

"You're putting words in my mouth."

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back