Discussion Footy Jumper Tipping Megathread (link in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

#FJGDJT #Tipped #JumperTipping

Welcome everyone to the tipping thread.

The purpose of this thread is to discuss the tipping. All results WILL BE posted in this thread, as well as on the site.

Here is a list of all that have registered (not that it is compulsory to do so):

If there are any suggestions or anything you think that should be added to the site, please let me know so I can do my best to add them.

139116_c689bc0eee3874b625ad882c8a9c2e33.png

RULES: **incomplete**

1. There is a 2 hour lockout before the first Friday game, this means that tips cannot submitted after this time.
2. For games on a Thursday, there is also a 2 hour lockout, but just for the game.
3. 1 point is given for each correct tip for each jumper / short combination, this means that there will be 18 points available for a normal round with 9 games.
3.1 If you miss a weekend of tipping, you will receive a revised figure for that round.
4. Only 3 attempts are allowed for each week.

EXTRA RULES
1. You will get points for the correct kit worn, except when someone enter tips a special jumper. For example, for the Fremantle game, if someone tipped the starlight jumper, they'd get the points; and those that tipped the home kits would not get the points. But because no one tipped the Starlight jumper, I gave points to tipping the home jumper.
1.1 For the traditional ANZAC Day clash, Collingwood will be in their HOME jumper, while Essendon will be in their ANZAC jumper.

2. One-off jumpers (from Round 7)
When tipping a one-off jumper, you must select shorts as well. This includes the options lists in the poll.

TIP HERE

GRAPHICS
EVEN MORE GRAPHICS

Last edited:
Predictions of jumpers:
Carlton vs. Richmond
Carlton_Special5_zpsfd1c4a9b.png
Richmond_Away_zps6a83b9a8.png

Melbourne vs. Gold Coast
Melbourne_Home_zpscfb9005f.png
Gold_Home_zps79d31608.png

Sydney vs. Essendon
Sydney_Home_zps23908bab.png
Essendon_Home_zpsc4e96d0c.png

Western Bulldogs vs. West Coast
Footscray_Home_zps794a2101.png
WestCoast_CLash_zps758e4a33.png

Brisbane Lions vs. Collingwood
Brisbane_Special1_zps6f805625.png
Collingwood_Away1_zps21dd95c0.png

St. Kilda vs GWS
StKilda_Home_zps307cc8f6.png
GWS_Away_zps4148931b.png

Adelaide vs. North Melbourne
XyqFubN.png
H7L9nqX.png

Fremantle vs. Port Adelaide
Fremantle_Home_zps6a54f9d0.png
Port_Clash_zps5153056b.png

Hawthorn vs. Geelong
FHzMMde.png
Geelong_Away_zps1d4ae373.png

Reasoning:
Some predictions may be a bit unorthodox (like St. Kilda vs GWS, but GWS wore their home when it was their away game, when they last played us in Round 2 last year). Some kits are slightly modified and have been attempted to be updated as of the 2015 season. Brisbane vs Collingwood is judged by its last 2 jumper match-ups.

EDIT: Sorry for my clumsiness with the Adelaide-North matchup. White shorts would be a lot more logical. Brisbane and Collingwood has been changed too.

Last edited:
Predictions of jumpers:
Carlton vs. Richmond

Melbourne vs. Gold Coast

Sydney vs. Essendon

Collingwood_Clash_zps7c86a6f4.png

St. Kilda vs GWS
GWS_Away_zps4148931b.png

XyqFubN.png
4SYfTxQ.png

Hawthorn vs. Geelong
FHzMMde.png

Reasoning:
Some predictions may be a bit unorthodox (like St. Kilda vs GWS, but GWS wore their home when it was their away game, when they last played us in Round 2 last year). Some kits are a little modified and have been attempted to be up-to-date

I am happy to see the graphics used in this thread, it gives us a good start to discussion for this week. However, if you want these to count towards the leaderboard, you'll need to also submit it using the website.

Referring to spoiler:
I believe that you have the GWS kits correct. There is enough white on the home jumper not to clash. Also, if GWS had a Carbon colour back on their home jumper, the clash would be used instead.

And, I don't understand your last sentence. Is there something that can be fixed?

Preferences:
Carlton_Home_zps5742eec8.png
112176_31829e14c99ab0031cfaadd1b9d6cf4f.png
I'm not convinced that Carlton using their heritage jumper every week is a good idea. And * big 4 rivalries, Richmond in their clash would make a much more appealing matchup
Well, preferably a better GC home kit but I can't be bothered making an icon. No clash between the jumpers despite Melbourne's red.
Top ups with a thin, curved sash a la their ANZAC Day guernsey

[Yellow peril on white shorts] How the * has no one made a yellow peril icon yet?
GWS_Away_zps4148931b.png

Adelaide_Home_zpsd2168af3.png
North_Away_zpsd41ee627.png
#connectthehoops #connectthemiddlestripe
Port ideally with white collar and cuffs and no side panels
Hawthorn_Home_zpsfd2ef2c8.png

Gibbsy, it'd be good if your thread was updated to have all of the icons that are littered through the thread I started. I'm happy to round up all of the images, and PM you the updated posts if that's good with you.

I am happy to see the graphics used in this thread, it gives us a good start to discussion for this week. However, if you want these to count towards the leaderboard, you'll need to also submit it using the website.

Referring to spoiler:
I believe that you have the GWS kits correct. There is enough white on the home jumper not to clash. Also, if GWS had a Carbon colour back on their home jumper, the clash would be used instead.

And, I don't understand your last sentence. Is there something that can be fixed?
I'm referring to the graphics (e.g. the Carlton monogram, Hawthorn stripes template).

Preferences:
Carlton_Home_zps5742eec8.png
112176_31829e14c99ab0031cfaadd1b9d6cf4f.png
I'm not convinced that Carlton using their heritage jumper every week is a good idea. And **** big 4 rivalries, Richmond in their clash would make a much more appealing matchup
Well, preferably a better GC home kit but I can't be bothered making an icon. No clash between the jumpers despite Melbourne's red.
Top ups with a thin, curved sash a la their ANZAC Day guernsey

[Yellow peril on white shorts] How the **** has no one made a yellow peril icon yet?
GWS_Away_zps4148931b.png

Adelaide_Home_zpsd2168af3.png
North_Away_zpsd41ee627.png
#connectthehoops #connectthemiddlestripe
Port ideally with white collar and cuffs and no side panels
Hawthorn_Home_zpsfd2ef2c8.png

Gibbsy, it'd be good if your thread was updated to have all of the icons that are littered through the thread I started. I'm happy to round up all of the images, and PM you the updated posts if that's good with you.
My preferences would be similar to yours if it had my perfect world. West Coast's yellow peril should be an away strip of theirs: #returnthewings.

Last edited:
Predictions of jumpers:
Carlton vs. Richmond

Melbourne vs. Gold Coast

Sydney vs. Essendon

St. Kilda vs GWS
GWS_Away_zps4148931b.png

XyqFubN.png
4SYfTxQ.png

Hawthorn vs. Geelong
FHzMMde.png

Reasoning:
Some predictions may be a bit unorthodox (like St. Kilda vs GWS, but GWS wore their home when it was their away game, when they last played us in Round 2 last year). Some kits are slightly modified and have been attempted to be updated as of the 2015 season.
North to wear white shorts and pies to wear home strip with white shorts

Predictions/Preferences, not tipping this season due to conflict of interest and the fact I can see everyone's tips.

Thursday April 2

Carlton v Richmond @ MCG
Carlton_Heritage2_zps3cdc612a.png

Carlton's mongram is gonna take some time to get used to as their home jumper. Most definitely, this would be the matchup on Thursday. I don't see Richmond wearing their yellow jumper, even though they should.

Saturday April 4
Melbourne v Gold Coast @ MCG

Gold Coast only wear their white jumper against Sydney, and they didn't wear their white shorts on their home jumper last season.

Sydney v Essendon @ ANZ Stadium

Anything outside this would be wrong. I don't think Essendon will wear white shorts, because then it'll clash more with Sydney white. The great thing about Sydney and Gold Coast wearing red, is that all teams can wear their full home kits against them and not clash (Except when they face each other).

Brisbane v Collingwood @ 'Gabba
Collingwood_Away1_zps21dd95c0.png

That Fitzroy Lion. jizz.gif .Collingwood could go with their black shorts, seeing as how much white there is on the jumper, but they won't. As I said before, Collingwood won't wear their clash jumper often, probably only against Fremantle and Port this year.

Western Bulldogs v West Coast Eagles @ Etihad

West Coast away jumper just wont work for this game. Last season Round 1, the Dogs went to Perth to play this game, and they wore their all red kit. West Coast would look good in yellow here, and that's what I hope they wear next season.

Sunday April 5
St. Kilda v GWS @ Eithad
GWS_Away_zps4148931b.png

I don't see the point of having GWS in their clash jumper here, it doesn't make sense. There is enough white on the 'G' itself to help avoid the clash, plus the orange back.

Adelaide v North Melbourne @ Adelaide Oval
XyqFubN.png
H7L9nqX.png

Oh gawd, the battle of the poorly templated. I don't think there is any question over who wears what in this game, it would and should be the same if Norf where at home.

Fremantle v Port Adelaide @ Subiaco

Two perfect jumpers. Their teal jumper (if it was for the season) wouldn't work here in my opinion. But this is just going to be perfect to watch from a jumper stand point.

Monday April 6
Hawthorn v Geelong @ MCG
FHzMMde.png

Argh, the braces jumper. I don't think Geelong will wear navy shorts alor this season as well. Only against Gold Coast and Sydney, in my opinion.

Yo akkaps

How do I edit tips on the site? Do I have to tip all the games again under attempt 2?
Yes, use attempt two.

My suggestion for later rounds is to wait until the Friday to submit your tips. You'll be able to see what everyone's opinions are and make a decision from there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doubt that will happen. If they do wear white shorts against these two team, they would most likely wear white shorts against all Melbourne teams.

Yeh they won't and haven't since day dot.. But would look better and break up the red.

Wasn't the idea of the off-site tipping to be secret?
Yes. I am not submitting tips. I was just trying to get conversation started by posting what I thought. Turns out it worked against the concept of the competition, so I won't be doing it any more.

Also, I am not taking part in this season, as I would have an unfair advantage over everyone else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back