Discussion Footy Jumper Tipping Megathread (link in OP)

Maybe it should be like uni, where each day you're late on an assignment you lose 10%. Even if you open the online test before its due, and finish 2 ******* minutes after the deadline. FFS I hate RMIT.

Round 10 tippers:

Rich (BB code):
ashsta77
Bacon Warrior
Bryce_Jersey17
Cainozz
codym2723
CollarJazzKnee
crow28
DoctorPav29
Eddies Pocket
EMGEE_6
Hank93
Klim
Lion Club 16
lionbear
Mero
muggsy26
ShaunWCEFC
Spitta2Azza
Stewart2Austin
TGDesigns
wikinick257

2. One-off jumpers (from Round 7)
When tipping a one-off jumper, you must select shorts as well. This includes the options lists in the poll.

Note the rule above, in regards to GWS wearing their Indigenous Jumper this weekend. Only 3 people picked up on it.

#Tipped #JumperTipping

Untitled.png

We have a new leader ashsta77

For you to be an outright loser, you'd need everyone else to tip.

And as soon as I saw your tips, I realized that you just trying to play around with the system.
Still, I want 2 points. Not 9. Why can't I have 2?

Jul 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool // Ferrari
I think akkaps needs to be less transparent about stuff, like lockout times and the reasons we didn't get tips right. I don't mind him saying it, but unless someone directly asks it shouldn't be mentioned. It looks like more and more people are getting shitty because of it. I'm not saying you're doing anything wrong akkaps, but I wouldn't be telling people they missed lockout by 5 minutes, or that half the tippers are getting one tip automatically wrong before the games even started. That'll put people off trying to tip.

I think akkaps needs to be less transparent about stuff, like lockout times and the reasons we didn't get tips right. I don't mind him saying it, but unless someone directly asks it shouldn't be mentioned. It looks like more and more people are getting shitty because of it. I'm not saying you're doing anything wrong akkaps, but I wouldn't be telling people they missed lockout by 5 minutes, or that half the tippers are getting one tip automatically wrong before the games even started. That'll put people off trying to tip.
Okay, will take that into mind for next week.
I was just trying to clear things up before people asked about it.

Jul 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool // Ferrari
Okay, will take that into mind for next week.
I was just trying to clear things up before people asked about it.
If they ask about it then you have the right to tell them, otherwise I wouldn't stress too much. This tipping is meant to be fun, and players are getting far too invested emotionally with it.

Your result would be the lowest, meaning that anyone that didn't tip would receive 4 minus your score (0, because I'm not going into negative numbers)
Interesting. Are you suggesting that it's better to use common sense than to stick to a rigid rule structure?

Just like it would make sense not to have deducted 5 points (a significant amount of points when the top of the ladder is so close) from CollarJazzKnee last round when he submitted entries 3 minutes late? I mean, such an incredibly short time would indicate that he at least tried to get it in on time, and it would be foolish for a competition runner to punish someone who voluntarily plays. For fun. Over 3 minutes.

Interesting. Are you suggesting that it's better to use common sense than to stick to a rigid rule structure?

Just like it would make sense not to have deducted 5 points (a significant amount of points when the top of the ladder is so close) from CollarJazzKnee last round when he submitted entries 3 minutes late? I mean, such an incredibly short time would indicate that he at least tried to get it in on time, and it would be foolish for a competition runner to punish someone who voluntarily plays. For fun. Over 3 minutes.
I have no clue what this has to do with that

Back