Discussion Footy Jumper Tipping Megathread (link in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Those who looked in the right places would have found the Collingwood website mentioning on Friday (in the day) that GWS were wearing their white jumper. I just didn't bother tipping :$
See, that would have been nice to share. I looked at previous games between the two clubs. Plus logic and common sense

HA. Everyone got GWS wrong. Perhaps thats why they wore the white?
Those who looked in the right places would have found the Collingwood website mentioning on Friday (in the day) that GWS were wearing their white jumper. I just didn't bother tipping :$

That just shows how absurd the AFL is in regards to clash strips that 20 nerdy blokes who obsess over this all get it wrong.

I don't really get why everybody expects information to be shared or repeated in the lead up to a round. Whats the point? So everybody gets it right? Isn't this supposed to be some sort of competition?

If Gibbsy saw the GWS info and had used it to his advantage then I say good on him. If everybody is made aware of all this information then everybody will get the same scores and it will be boring. Don't crack the sads because somebody else found out or remembered info that you didn't.

I missed a couple of weeks because of the lockout, and dropped down so far that there's not much point in me tipping any more. I say bring in a rolling lockout, so even if you miss out on the Friday game you can tip for the others.

Agree on the rolling lockout. I've only missed one round so far so I'm not too far behind the leader, but I remembered about 8:30 on the Friday night and would loved to have still tipped the remaining games. I think I worked out I would have got an extra 4 points that weekend had I got my tips in on time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't mind implementing a rolling lockout for Friday games if this goes ahead next season. I can see that people are struggling and I think it could help.

As for this week:
Thursday rolling lockout, so you can change your tipping before the Friday game.
And I'll be in Fiji from Wednesday to Monday night (22nd). The hotel website says it has free wifi but I would I count on it. So I may not be able to get back to you if you queries.

Round 12 tippers

Rich (BB code):
ashsta77
Bryce_Jersey17 *
Codym2723
CollarJazzKnee
crow28 *
DoctorPav29
Eddies Pocket *
EMGEE_6
Fizzler * *
Hank93
lionbear
Lion Club 16
Klim
muggsy26
ShaunWCEFC
Spitta2Azza +
TGDesigns +
wikinick257

* two attempts used
* * three attempts used
+ tipped after the Thursday deadline. Will still receive points for remaining games.

Round 12 tippers

Rich (BB code):
ashsta77
Bryce_Jersey17 *
Codym2723
CollarJazzKnee
crow28 *
DoctorPav29
Eddies Pocket *
EMGEE_6
Fizzler * *
Hank93
lionbear
Lion Club 16
Klim
muggsy26
ShaunWCEFC
Spitta2Azza +
TGDesigns +
wikinick257

* two attempts used
* * three attempts used
+ tipped after the Thursday deadline. Will still receive points for remaining games.

I tipped yesterday with the Crows match but I just did another form to change my Richmond tip. I assume that is allowed under the new rules?

I tipped yesterday with the Crows match but I just did another form to change my Richmond tip. I assume that is allowed under the new rules?
This is allowed, however you missed the full lockout by about an hour. So, unfortunately I can't accept the change for tonight's game.

akkaps, Id just like to get clarification on this if possible. You have options for Indigenous and Heritage guernseys, but you wanted us to tip shorts. If we write the colour of shorts, the site automatically switches our tip to "Other". What do we click? Or why have the option for Heritage or Indigenous in the first place.

I just use "other" for anything different so I can specify all of the information. If you wanted to keep the buttons for regularly used alternate strips, then maybe the "preferences" box should just be an "additional information" box.
Dont get me wrong, I use Other too. But when the option is there plus the wanted other information, it might need to be specified for clarification. Especially during Indigenous round

Dont get me wrong, I use Other too. But when the option is there plus the wanted other information, it might need to be specified for clarification. Especially during Indigenous round

Yeah as it stands those buttons are pretty useless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back