Remove this Banner Ad

I've got a collingwood player issue training guernsey, size small (2011-black) if anyone's interested? as seen here:
859634-collingwood-fc-training.jpg

Anyone looking to sell any pre 2000 jumpers? Any teams but must be 100cm or bigger.
Also any VFL sponsors badges from the eighties.
Please contact me. Thank you

My dream acquisitions:

- A long-sleeved Sydney Swans guernsey circa 1987, with #39 on the back (Warwick Capper)
- A long-sleeved Brisbane Bears guernsey circa 1995
- A long-sleeved Brisbane Bears guernsey circa 1988, with #39 on the back (Warwick Capper)
- A long-sleeved Collingwood Magpies guernsey circa 1979 (VFL logo, Yakka sponsor's logo)
- A long-sleeved Collingwood Magpies guernsey circa 1994 (Spicer's Paper sponsor's logo)

My dream acquisitions:

- A long-sleeved Sydney Swans guernsey circa 1987, with #39 on the back (Warwick Capper)
- A long-sleeved Brisbane Bears guernsey circa 1995
- A long-sleeved Brisbane Bears guernsey circa 1988, with #39 on the back (Warwick Capper)
- A long-sleeved Collingwood Magpies guernsey circa 1979 (VFL logo, Yakka sponsor's logo)
- A long-sleeved Collingwood Magpies guernsey circa 1994 (Spicer's Paper sponsor's logo)
Nice wishlist Damon.
I wont tell you i have them all but no number 39 on the back.
Woops the bears one is 89 with the mitre 10 sposors logo.
I am keen to obtain some 80s Carlton jumpers CUB or Avco sponsored ones but i think i have buckleys (Jim) of getting one.
Well if anyones got one let me know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would love a st pats ballarat jumper... I think it's the best football jumper in Australia... Anyone able to point me in the right direction as to where I might find one? Do you think the school would sell them?
Agree it's the best jumper in the country.

But no, not a chance you will get one of them. Only First XVIII players who have represented the school for more than five games can keep their jumper, and the culture around the school is such that not a single one of them would ever give their up. The school certainly does not sell the jumper, they don't even let their lower grade teams wear it as far as I am aware. I went to the school and I can't get one.

IMO St Pats have used scarcity to make a middle of the road jumper incredibly popular.

I like how seriously they take the wearing of it, but it's just a guernsey. It's got nothing on the royal wings or the prison bars.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Agree it's the best jumper in the country.

But no, not a chance you will get one of them. Only First XVIII players who have represented the school for more than five games can keep their jumper, and the culture around the school is such that not a single one of them would ever give their up. The school certainly does not sell the jumper, they don't even let their lower grade teams wear it as far as I am aware. I went to the school and I can't get one.
Thanks for the info... Actually makes me want it even more haha... Well it's settled where my future son will be going to school...

IMO St Pats have used scarcity to make a middle of the road jumper incredibly popular.

I like how seriously they take the wearing of it, but it's just a guernsey. It's got nothing on the royal wings or the prison bars.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
In the big scheme of things, maybe not. But when at a school, sometimes being awarded the schools famed jumper, it can feel like being awarded the equivalent of a SoO jumper.

In the big scheme of things, maybe not. But when at a school, sometimes being awarded the schools famed jumper, it can feel like being awarded the equivalent of a SoO jumper.
When the school has won the state's premier schoolboys football competition four years in a row (hopefully five this year) and produces AFL players year after year you can't help but treasure it.

Current SPC players

Drew Petrie (North Melbourne)
Clinton Young (Collingwood)
Matthew Rosa (West Coast Eagles)
Mitchell Brown (West Coast Eagles)
Shaun Grigg (Richmond)
Nathan Brown (Collingwood)
Nick Suban (Fremantle)
Daniel Nicholson (Melbourne)
Joshua Cowan (Geelong)
Tom McDonald (Melbourne)
Nicholas O'Brien (Essendon)
Jake Neade (Port Adelaide)
Bradley Crouch (Adelaide)
Tanner Smith (Fremantle)
Tom Downie (Greater Western Sydney)
Dom Barry (Melbourne)
Michael Close (Brisbane)
Martin Gleeson (Essendon)
Matthew Crouch (Adelaide)
Dallas Willsmore (Hawthorn)

Former players of note

Reg Hickey (Geelong) 1931, 1937 Premiership, Geelong Team of the Century
Danny Frawley (St Kilda) St Kilda's longest serving captain
John James (Carlton) 1961 Brownlow Medalist
Barry Richardson (Richmond) 1967, 1969, 1974 Premiership
Brian Gleeson (St Kilda) 1957 Brownlow Medalist
Alex, Anthony & James McDonald (Collingwood, Melbourne, Melbourne)
Des Tuddenham (Collingwood) Collingwood Team of the Century

Remove this Banner Ad

Back