jiphoc

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2008
Buddy's Ego
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
The counter argument is that perhaps people should be more discerning instead of accepting anything in the name of light humour.

Each to his own. I just find it unbearable, and that's got nothing to do with being too serious or anything.

Your point is valid. Each person will take certain incidents in a different light. The Footy Show is as successful as they are now because they do pull stunts like that, so they won't stop any time soon. Sewell is very respected on that show and I would be very, very surprised if they did not run the entire idea past him at the very start. For the whole thing I felt sorry for Lloyd. He really looked embarrassed during the whole segment.

Personally the best "light hearted" footy show imo is After the Bounce on Fox Footy. It has a good mixture of good footy conversation and humour.

Your point is valid. Each person will take certain incidents in a different light. The Footy Show is as successful as they are now because they do pull stunts like that, so they won't stop any time soon. Sewell is very respected on that show and I would be very, very surprised if they did not run the entire idea past him at the very start. For the whole thing I felt sorry for Lloyd. He really looked embarrassed during the whole segment.

Personally the best "light hearted" footy show imo is After the Bounce on Fox Footy. It has a good mixture of good footy conversation and humour.

Fair enough too.

I'm just fed-up with the same footballers doing the same limp routines, then slapping each other on the back. These people have got media gigs only because they're footballers. They are (mostly) not talented, funny, insightful, interesting or anything like that, they're just footballers who are on telly by virtue of belong to a 'boy's club'.

Sammy just pulls the same Sammy routine he's done for years (which is a shame 'cause the man is quite astute, articulate and has a very good footy brain). Gary Lyon plays a role of sorts. James Brayshaw doles out his 'awesome work' platitudes. And so it goes...

But then again, I'm that starved of footy at the moment I cut work early to watch the Caulfield under 12s go through their first training session!

But then again, I'm that starved of footy at the moment I cut work early to watch the Caulfield under 12s go through their first training session!

Big things are expected this year from the Caulfied under 12s. I'm hoping training reflected the desire to go all the way this year. Rumour has it Brendon Fevola could have lined up at full forward for them (he qualifies due to the 'mental age' rules) but the players voted against it, saying he was too immature.

Aug 15, 2009
The Riverina
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Big things are expected this year from the Caulfied under 12s. I'm hoping training reflected the desire to go all the way this year. Rumour has it Brendon Fevola could have lined up at full forward for them (he qualifies due to the 'mental age' rules) but the players voted against it, saying he was too immature.

:thumbsu: Pure Gold!

Back