Footy trip thread (it's back)

Remove this Banner Ad

Stratford are going to Adelaide. Have started a bit of fund raising, and get a few deposits off the boys. We are heading over there for the weekened of the AFL grand final.

Everyone plans interstate now, most times it doesnt happen. Perth is the best i have had so far, very expensive though.

We are going to adelaide this year, fairly cheap and still on a plane.

adelaide is good, make sure u get accomodation in glenelg we stayed there, from friday morn flight stay til monday arvo flight cost about $400 all up, sat in the jetty bar in glenelg all day then into the city at night. never go to tassie for a footy trip

Hobart blows. Only good thing about Hobart is... can't think of anything.

Oh wait I thought of one. Black Bob's. That place where they are all incest. Sickos.

Yeah we stayed in the same hotel as you blokes in Tassie. All I remember is some bloke called Roy destroying the place.

i wasn't on it but stories have got back it was the worst ever. pretty sure that bloke threw a bed out a second story window or some s**t

A bloke from Nunnawading staying a same pub as us threw a tv threw the glass onto the street below from the second story crazy.

I also remember when on schoolies someone got hit by a frying pan thrown from one of the big towers.

Bunyip is off to the Gold Coast as well... Cause we are such a young tight knit group our numbers over the past two years have been huge. Last year there were 41 that went to Adelaide and 36 again this year to the Goldy!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's great numbers Chuck. When are you guys going? I'm running ours and it's been a battle. You would think I was organising a trip to an Andre Rieu concert with the response I get.

That's great numbers Chuck. When are you guys going? I'm running ours and it's been a battle. You would think I was organising a trip to an Andre Rieu concert with the response I get.

We're heading up on the 9th of Oct and coming back on the 12th. Haven't done too much fundraising wise, each person going on the trip has to put on a $10 bet and if it wins it goes towards it, and fines and we have a function coming up soon. I'm organising ours as well and can become a bit of a nightmare but the fellas are usually pretty good with handing over the dough. What was your opinion on the competion the young doggies put up on Sunday Axe??

We're heading up on the 9th of Oct and coming back on the 12th. Haven't done too much fundraising wise, each person going on the trip has to put on a $10 bet and if it wins it goes towards it, and fines and we have a function coming up soon. I'm organising ours as well and can become a bit of a nightmare but the fellas are usually pretty good with handing over the dough. What was your opinion on the competion the young doggies put up on Sunday Axe??

Cool - we're gonna be there the weekend before you. Haven't raised a heap of money yet either. The bet thing is a good idea - you will be bound to end up with a bit from 30 odd bets.

You blokes were pretty good on Sunday, as you would expect from results for the season so far. I'm surprised how much you have improved from last year without a heap of new players. We matched you for 3 and a half quarters last year and we were obviously a very ordinary side, so your young blokes must have really stepped up this year. If Robbie Hughes could kick you might just have gotten up.:D

We do points margin tickets at home games when we organise it. And thursday night fines from training.

Stripper days are good if ya can get away with having one of those. Get 50 blokes to pay 20 each for the rippers and ya normally make a fair bit on the bar.

Strippers - YUK! Such a Nyora thing to do.

Spin the wheel is a good one. You get a wheel (I think they have about 60 numbers on it). Get everyone to buy a number. It costs $2 a week. Then you spin the wheel 4 or 5 times and the winners get a list of others peoples names (those that don't win). The people on the list have to buy them drinks after the game on Saturday.

Best part about it is no overheads. Every bit of money you get is profit.

Strippers - YUK! Such a Nyora thing to do.

Spin the wheel is a good one. You get a wheel (I think they have about 60 numbers on it). Get everyone to buy a number. It costs $2 a week. Then you spin the wheel 4 or 5 times and the winners get a list of others peoples names (those that don't win). The people on the list have to buy them drinks after the game on Saturday.

Best part about it is no overheads. Every bit of money you get is profit.
that there is an awesome idea!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back