Footy vs fight of the century

Remove this Banner Ad

This sunday we are taking on Fremantle at 1 am, the same day the biggest boxing fight in well over a decade (Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao) is on, with coverage starting 11 am Melbourne time which is 6 pm Las Vegas time, not sure the exact time the fight starts but usually it's around 10 pm local time which would be 3 pm our time, right in the middle of our game.

I never miss a Dees game in Melbourne if I'm in town but I'm also a massive boxing fan and don't want to miss this fight, I just may have to miss this game and potentially missing Hogan's first 10 goal haul.

What are other Dees fans going to be doing during this dilemma?

This sunday we are taking on Fremantle at 1 am, the same day the biggest boxing fight in well over a decade (Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao) is on, with coverage starting 11 am Melbourne time which is 6 pm Las Vegas time, not sure the exact time the fight starts but usually it's around 10 pm local time which would be 3 pm our time, right in the middle of our game.

I never miss a Dees game in Melbourne if I'm in town but I'm also a massive boxing fan and don't want to miss this fight, I just may have to miss this game and potentially missing Hogan's first 10 goal haul.

What are other Dees fans going to be doing during this dilemma?

I have to watch the fight, will be at a pub somewhere though that will hopefully have our game on aswell.

I wouldn't call boxing silly, but I won't be watching it.

I have to watch the fight, will be at a pub somewhere though that will hopefully have our game on aswell.
Yeah I was thinking this but I remember the Mundine vs Green fight and the pub i was at had every tv showing the fight because it was packed with people wanting to watch it, that was on a wednesday night though so there was no other sport on to watch.

Boxing is a silly sport which I take no interest in.

I would recommend going to a pub which has enough screens to show both sports at once.
And if we are losing badly, just start a fight, everything is then covered, simples.

I'm not a big boxing fan by any means, but was quite keen to watch this one.

Having said that, Dees come first! Will try avoid the result and watch it at home, but who knows.

If you're keen on both, hit a sports bar and go for your life.

What's a boxing?

H77Demm.jpg

Massive fight, but a couple of years too late.
it could of been too late but both fighters are still pretty much still fighting at their peaks, ranked 1st and 3rd in the pound for pound rankings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it could of been too late but both fighters are still pretty much still fighting at their peaks, ranked 1st and 3rd in the pound for pound rankings.

I think Pacman has slipped a bit. Would've given him a real chance about 3 years ago. Mayweather should outbox him pretty comfortably now.

I think Pacman has slipped a bit. Would've given him a real chance about 3 years ago. Mayweather should outbox him pretty comfortably now.
I think Mayweather will win (I hope not), but pac looked pretty good in his last few fights, in saying that though he hasn't knocked anyone out since 2009.

I think Mayweather will win (I hope not), but pac looked pretty good in his last few fights, in saying that though he hasn't knocked anyone out since 2009.

I can't stand Mayweather, and I hope Pac can knock him out, but I just can't see it happening. If Money thinks Pac is any threat of knocking him out (which is questionable at this stage) he'll keep his distance and outpoint him in a most likely boring fight.

I hope Mayweather tries to engage and go for the knockout. That should make for an exciting fight. He doesn't like taking risks though so I don't see it happening.

Be a man. Make a stand and avoid watching a fight that win or lose will pay hundreds of millions of dollars to a convicted woman basher.
It was a real relief for me when Col Sylvia left, I could finally watch the Dees again!

Boycott movements can be so ridiculous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back