Media Footypie32's trip to Coney Island

Remove this Banner Ad

Footypie32's trip to Coney Island

It had been years since I'd been to Coney Island. Well, that's not quite true. I've never actually been there, but I think I remember it on an episode of The Sopranos. It seemed old and run down. A place to gorge yourself on bad food and shonky showrides. It seemed quite unappealing. Depressing even. So when I realised my Demons were headed there this week to play the Warriors, you can imagine I was understandably unenthusiastic. Add this to the reports of their appalling banter and I believe I can be forgiven for considering feigning an injury to get the week off. Fortunately, pride got the better of me and I decided to try and make the most of it. And guess what..? I actually had fun.

Coney Island it seems was a rather ironic location to settle this team that is neither old, worn out or family friendly.
Now don't get me wrong, this was far from A grade banter. And of course there was smut. Lot's of it. But the sheer enthusiasm of this energetic young team was infectious. They hunt in packs and don't take a backward step for anyone. Posters like BigJoeD, invinciBlues, Stronzo and El Dubya have a real future in this league if they choose to stick around and continue to try and refine their craft. They bring a fresh approach to a league were one match thread can blend into another with increasingly repetitive banter. Obviously I'm unaware of the work Frankston Rover puts in behind the scenes, but it appears his leadership is starting to pay dividends. I would really like to see him to encourage them to try their hand at media threads and find out what they can produce.

My one true criticism of this team is still their willingness to use AFL related banter in match threads, but hopefully with time they'll learn to truly separate the two leagues and come to understand that the SFA is a refuge for downhearted fans of that "other" competition(* you Crows :().

So, I guess the question is, would I be happy to go back to Coney Island? In short, yes. :)

Disclaimer: This article in no way reflects the views of all Mt Buller players and should not be taken as such.

tl;dr - وربما أخذت لك وقتا أطول للبحث عن معنى هذا ان الامر سيستغرق لقراءة المقال

What are you trying to do, give us a good reputation??

Thanks for the kind words!

solo per farvi cambiare la lingua

Just giving some honest feedback. Hopefully constructive.

Great banter, close game - looking forward to the rematch.

But for now, we're just going to enjoy the view...

top-of-the-world.jpg

Have obviously improved a shitload since round 1 and have tradey and ef99 posting less.

They will continue to be marred by their shameful performance in round 1 as far as I'm concerned.

Yes as the Bears were totally blameless and posted spun gold in that thread... :rolleyes:

Why not post something constructive instead of digging up your own offended from 2 months ago?

Yes as the Bears were totally blameless and posted spun gold in that thread... :rolleyes:

Why not post something constructive instead of digging up your own offended from 2 months ago?

What I posted is constructive as it tells the true story.

I'm not going to blow smoke up your arse.

Footypie32's trip to Coney Island

It had been years since I'd been to Coney Island. Well, that's not quite true. I've never actually been there, but I think I remember it on an episode of The Sopranos. It seemed old and run down. A place to gorge yourself on bad food and shonky showrides. It seemed quite unappealing. Depressing even. So when I realised my Demons were headed there this week to play the Warriors, you can imagine I was understandably unenthusiastic. Add this to the reports of their appalling banter and I believe I can be forgiven for considering feigning an injury to get the week off. Fortunately, pride got the better of me and I decided to try and make the most of it. And guess what..? I actually had fun.

Coney Island it seems was a rather ironic location to settle this team that is neither old, worn out or family friendly.
Now don't get me wrong, this was far from A grade banter. And of course there was smut. Lot's of it. But the sheer enthusiasm of this energetic young team was infectious. They hunt in packs and don't take a backward step for anyone. Posters like BigJoeD, invinciBlues, Stronzo and El Dubya have a real future in this league if they choose to stick around and continue to try and refine their craft. They bring a fresh approach to a league were one match thread can blend into another with increasingly repetitive banter. Obviously I'm unaware of the work Frankston Rover puts in behind the scenes, but it appears his leadership is starting to pay dividends. I would really like to see him to encourage them to try their hand at media threads and find out what they can produce.

My one true criticism of this team is still their willingness to use AFL related banter in match threads, but hopefully with time they'll learn to truly separate the two leagues and come to understand that the SFA is a refuge for downhearted fans of that "other" competition(**** you Crows :().

So, I guess the question is, would I be happy to go back to Coney Island? In short, yes. :)

Disclaimer: This article in no way reflects the views of all Mt Buller players and should not be taken as such.

tl;dr - وربما أخذت لك وقتا أطول للبحث عن معنى هذا ان الامر سيستغرق لقراءة المقال

Just like to say though that I appreciate this post a lot.

The guys have improved and I would love to see them turn their hands at Media pieces but I'm also thinking that we need to take baby steps - let the guys learn to walk before we ask them to run.

Obviously many have posted on the Bay for a while and combined with guys like Mr_Smooth and AIOF, I reckon before the season's out we will see some quality media peices from them.

But at this point I'm happy for them just to be enjoying the games. 17 posters again this week @ 61% of the Match Thread and everyone enjoyed the thread. Big props to the Demons who took the banter in good fun and gave as good as they got.

Can't wait til the next time we meet.

What I posted is constructive as it tells the true story.

I'm not going to blow smoke up your arse.

Then don't post in this thread then. You had your chance to lead by example and were terrible.

Then don't post in this thread then. You had your chance to lead by example and were terrible.

Don't criticise my team... lol

You're a bad leader and you encouraged s**t posting which I called you out on multiple times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just like to say though that I appreciate this post a lot.

The guys have improved and I would love to see them turn their hands at Media pieces but I'm also thinking that we need to take baby steps - let the guys learn to walk before we ask them to run.

Obviously many have posted on the Bay for a while and combined with guys like Mr_Smooth and AIOF, I reckon before the season's out we will see some quality media peices from them.

But at this point I'm happy for them just to be enjoying the games. 17 posters again this week @ 61% of the Match Thread and everyone enjoyed the thread. Big props to the Demons who took the banter in good fun and gave as good as they got.

Can't wait til the next time we meet.
Why not get them to do the mid-season survey as a group?

Should have come with me to Candy Apple Island.

I was standing by my letterbox for a week hoping the invitation would come. It never did... :(

Don't criticise my team... lol

You're a bad leader and you encouraged s**t posting which I called you out on multiple times.
It's a bit ironic you calling people out on s**t posting.

Although I guess you have inside knowledge of the subject.

What happened in round 1? Did somebody post with capslock on?

We played the Bears - the two 'new' clubs that were admitted for this season - and I think both sides were a little bit excited to get the season underway.

Some of us have moved on since then while others are still pushing gauze up their bleeding bottoms.

Juggalo Balla so I'm the third ranked poster in terms of how much I poet in match day threads and I'm posting less?

Lol.

haven't read the thread but what am i wrong about??

Answer this question - a simple yes or no will suffice.

Were you happy with the Warriors/Swampies Match Thread?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back