• a) More frustrating than 2013?

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • b) Mixed first year for new coach?

Votes: 57 58.8%
  • c) Useful reality check?

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • d) the Priddis Brownlow Year?

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • e) something that bodes well for Muzz?

Votes: 7 7.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We miss out on finals by 3 pissy points, after tomorrow our 2014 season is over and people on here are still bitching about Matt Priddis!? My god LET IT REST. Does every single thread on this board have to be hijacked by this over analysed, over debated, bullshit!?
The season will be forever disappointing as we haven't moved on from Matt Priddis. Another wasted year in development of building a midfield that will take us further.

Can someone please explain to me the origin of the 'bodes well for Muzza' thing? I've been seeing it for months, presumbably something to do with his prison sentence, a news article maybe, can someone link me?

5/10.

Frustrating, but not bad enough to be considered a total failure. This late-season rejuvenation we had gave me a little hope that we may be over the hump. We've also unearthed a couple of gems.

Compromising our draft position on the other hand has hurt us.

I'm just utterly disillusioned with the club and have been for a long time. It's no secret we've become a very 'safe' club post-Cousins, and the image the club gives off is just utterly frustrating sometimes. Everything just reeks with mediocrity. It's stale and it's old. Get rid of Nisbett, for * sake, his time is done. Cox should've been made to retire immediately. Cut the ******* deadwood (I just shook my head when we signed on McGinnity). But no, we're completely and utterly s**t-scared of being a ruthless club that makes hard decisions, because * me, god forbid we offend some old granny if 'Coxy' doesn't get a proper send-off.

We haven't had a premiership contending list since 2007. 7 years of waste. Now, I really like that Simpson has acknowledged and identified our flaws - our lack of big bodied mids, our need for mids with inside/outside ability and positional flexibility. It's refreshing after Woosha failed to act on these problem areas. At the same time, it's hard not to become disillusioned after seeing Simpson talk up the likes of Priddis and McGinnity and the most important thing being 'effort'. I'm still totally happy to give him the benefit of the doubt of course, it's hard being a new coach and it does take a while to shape the list in your own vision. But good god, we really need to make deeper inroads into these areas. We desperately need to nail this draft, and we need to make some hard decisions on players.

I love this club deeply, but after 7 years of utter s**t, it's hopelessly crushing to get to a point where you don't really care if you miss a game. For all of the problems and criticism, I ******* loved the attitude of our 2002-2007 era. There was a ruthlessness that was invigorating and a professionalism (on the field) that you can't help but respect immensely (much like Geelong and Hawthorn).

Crummy year, but some positives to build upon (I just ******* hope we actually do build on these).

1. Don't cry

2. Who's bitching about Matt?

Marlin is asking questions and i'm responding. That's all. I certainly didn't bring the topic up. Sheesh even saying the word "Priddis" around here gets his fanclub all devastated, it's embarrassing.
No im not crying (anymore). I have just come to accept whether we like it or Matt is a part of our team and will continue to be until the day he decides to retire. I'm not a Priddis groupie, just get frustrated when every thread around here turns into a Priddis debate. Surely we have other intelligent or meaningful topics we can discuss. Plus he shouldn't have to many years left in him, so we better find a new whipping boy. This board will become a ghost town when he retires.

Hopefully a reality check. Hopefully Simmo realised we can't go all the way with the current midfield structure. We can start going north on the ladder but we can't go all the way. Changes in the midfield set up are needed.

2/10

one of the worst years in the club's history.
Agreed.

The realisation is that we're going nowhere. If we persist with the status quo we will fall short of a flag. And finishing 4th-6th for a few years with no real flag prospect will hurt the club. Another cycle with nothing to show for it.

The club is a shell of it's former self.

No im not crying (anymore). I have just come to accept whether we like it or Matt is a part of our team and will continue to be until the day he decides to retire. I'm not a Priddis groupie, just get frustrated when every thread around here turns into a Priddis debate. Surely we have other intelligent or meaningful topics we can discuss. Plus he shouldn't have to many years left in him, so we better find a new whipping boy. This board will become a ghost town when he retires.

The debate was about Simpson and your only contribution to this thread has been to complain about other people's posts. Why not discuss the topic at hand rather than whinge about what others are discussing?

Last edited:
i liked when the game plan changed to kicking to just inside the 50 to JK and darling on the lead instead of bombing it long,smart move but easily countered.
I liked the new faces in bennell,McGovern and ellis
Hurn had a great year

Thought the 3 ruck thing was terrible,our forward line was awful with all that tall timber and shows just having height doesn't mean we have some sort of advantage.Also shows we probably need to draft another KPF if Mcinnes isn't going to make it.
Wellingham was shite.I like him and if he can turn it around next year will go a long way to us improving
sheed showed very little.First year player so I guess its expected but at times seemed very reluctant to go anywhere near the ball

all in all it was a learning year for simpson and the team.we will be better next year ,unfortunately so will teams like gold coast and western bulldogs

Wanting to give < 5 because we didn't make the finals despite easy draw.
Wanting to give > 5 because we have improved on last year (both in terms of gameplan and unearthing new talent).

In conclusion, I hope our last month is closer to the upwards trajectory of 2004 rather than the false dawn of 2009.

This fence is painful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wanting to give < 5 because we didn't make the finals.
Wanting to give > 5 because we have improved on last year.

In conclusion, I hope our last month is closer to the upwards trajectory of 2004 rather than the false dawn of 2009.

This fence is painful.
Not sure, but we're definitely on the up.

Unfortunately the second one. This is why so many people are pissed at the club. We've had worse seasons but this one feels like we aren't making the right steps on and off the field.

5/10.

Thought we showed some promise at times, especially towards the end of the year. The whole finals race was a giant utensil tease though. Yesterday particularly was like re-living my Year 9 social all over again.

I find this team very frustrating to watch. I mean we had that period of mediocrity from 1995 to 2000, but I always felt at the time that it was justified with that playing list. There is something about our team right now that always gives me the impression that they are underperforming. I hope Simmo has a grand plan to improve the midfield somehow over the off season.

Its ****ed that every thread turns into a plodder thread but there is a percentage of people on this board who firmly believe our club continuing to play him means we wont win a premiership. Zero chance. Nil nada nothing.

Now of course if you dont feel that way about him then it constantly being bought up is an annoyance. From the perspective of someone who firmly does believe it - everything else is a waste of time till hes gone

New coach, new management, new game plan, new rules, unless we draft chris judd and ben cousins this draft and they immediately push him to the side ( which the priddis supporters feel is the progression) we are doomed to 7-12 ish and no premiership.

So of course to us it dominates our thinking.

Its ****** that every thread turns into a plodder thread but there is a percentage of people on this board who firmly believe our club continuing to play him means we wont win a premiership. Zero chance. Nil nada nothing.

Now of course if you dont feel that way about him then it constantly being bought up is an annoyance. From the perspective of someone who firmly does believe it - everything else is a waste of time till hes gone

New coach, new management, new game plan, new rules, unless we draft chris judd and ben cousins this draft and they immediately push him to the side ( which the priddis supporters feel is the progression) we are doomed to 7-12 ish and no premiership.

So of course to us it dominates our thinking.
Pretty sure we have finished 4th and fifth with priddis in the team.....

Pretty sure we have finished 4th and fifth with priddis in the team.....

Well thats a huge win innit

Finishing anywhere but first is failure

Btw we had daniel kerr and andrew embley inthe team back then - we dont now

Witness the paroxism of joy that is richmond into finals two years in a row - mediocrity - the west coast eagles are creeping up on you.

Collingwood got rid of ball this year

Geelong got rid of chappy

Back