Opinion Chris Scott's coaching - Part 1 [closed, see Part II]

Will Chris Scott see out his contract until the end of 2017?

• Yes

Votes: 79 79.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 21.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 27, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers
I'm not a Chris Scott hater at all, but please.... what exactly does this have to do with the Chris Scott moving forward? He hasn't proven anything until he wins a flag with his own list which he's regenerated. He was the voice we needed in 2011, but he did inherit one hell of a team sheet.

His real test starts in 2015.

Aug 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
"A total of 24 players have made their AFL debuts during Scott's coaching tenure, with some more debuts likely in the coming weeks as the transition continues." :thumbsu:

How many of those are now entrenched in the side? On average, how many games have those younger players played? Could we have debuted more than that? Should we have? A large portion of those debuts took place in 2012, which saw names such as Orren Stephenson, Jackson Sheringham, Jesse Stringer, Jonathan Simpkin, and Jordan Schroder make their debut. Where are they now?

How many of those are now entrenched in the side? On average, how many games have those younger players played? Could we have debuted more than that? Should we have? A large portion of those debuts took place in 2012, which saw names such as Orren Stephenson, Jackson Sheringham, Jesse Stringer, Jonathan Simpkin, and Jordan Schroder make their debut. Where are they now?
Got news for you not every player that debuts will make it. Most players league wide don't make it to 50 games.

Excluding players who arrived here from other clubs by my count we have 24 players who have debuted under Scott's tenure still on the list.

Last edited:

HoopsAhoy

Club Legend
Sep 3, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Since when did criticism automatically qualify one as a 'hater'? Is this a GFC version of invoking Godwin's law? Criticise Scott and you are a 'hater'? Heck don't be a namby pamby, collectivist, PC, narrative control freak, go nuclear and just label all Scott critics NAZIs. :straining:

The publication of the article today clearly demonstrates that there are increasing levels of discontent and negative feedback about Scott at Geelong. So they are are ramping up the PR information operations to bolster Scott's position.

If there was no problem (and/or criticism) there would be no need for such an article.

Critics gonna criticise.:cool:

When the Emperor is naked someone has to point it out! :D

Dec 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Got news for you not every player that debuts will make it. Most players league wide don't make it to 50 games.

Excluding players who arrived here from other clubs by my count we have 14 players who have debuted under Scott's tenure still on the list.

And when your supply (draft) of youngsters continues to decline in volume and quality it just gets harder and harder to maintain the rage and stay at the top.

The whole idea behind the draft system. Equalisation.

Whit3y

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 14, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sheff Wed
And when your supply (draft) of youngsters continues to decline in volume and quality it just gets harder and harder to maintain the rage and stay at the top.

The whole idea behind the draft system. Equalisation.

but isnt wells the man with the 12 inch phallis that can pull a rabbit out of his hat?

or was that 10 years ago and his still living off that golden era?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

but isnt wells the man with the 12 inch phallis that can pull a rabbit out of his hat?

or was that 10 years ago and his still living off that golden era?
Even if true it's still hardly Scott's fault as per this thread. He can only pick a team with the cattle he has. The current strength of that cattle is definitely up for debate.

Catatonic Shock

Premiership Player
Sep 7, 2013
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
The publication of the article today clearly demonstrates that there are increasing levels of discontent and negative feedback about Scott at Geelong. So they are are ramping up the PR information operations to bolster Scott's position.

I would presume they wrote that article because he coaches game number 100 this week, and nothing about any negativity.

GTOA

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
For all those Chris Scott haters on here...
List please/examples or at least define hater in your mind.

Haters are people who can no credit ever to the object of their hate.

So, tell me, what is one thing you commend Chris Scott for? If you can't answer, you are a hater.

Aug 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong

Excluding players who arrived here from other clubs by my count we have 14 players who have debuted under Scott's tenure still on the list.

On the weekend, 8 players who debuted under Scott played. On the weekend, Hawthorn fielded 9 who had debuted over the same period. Yet Geelong is the team in 'transition'.

On the weekend, 8 players who debuted under Scott played. On the weekend, Hawthorn fielded 9 who had debuted over the same period. Yet Geelong is the team in 'transition'.
I'd say the list has transitioned, yes.

from the list Bomber had in his last season here (40 senior players and 7 rookies) 16 from the senior list are still at the club and 0 of the rookies. He inherited an ageing list and has handed out 24 debuts. He's given out 2 debuts so far this season as well.

I fear nothing Scott does will please you and there will be no * up from the club that you won't be able to spin as being Scott's fault.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back