Opinion Chris Scott's coaching - Part 1 [closed, see Part II]

Will Chris Scott see out his contract until the end of 2017?

• Yes

Votes: 79 79.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 21.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From their mums?
Worked for this guy

242977-shane-warne.jpg

Guthrie
Vardy
Cowan
Horlin-Smith
Murdoch
Walker
Blicavs
Thurlow
Bews
Hartman
Lang
Kersten
Cockatoo
Gregson

They are the only players left on the list who have debuted under Scott's tenure as coach.

There is virtually only a handful of guys on there who look like they are going to go on and become 200 game players. The rest have either stagnated, or are simply too injury prone to be realistically counted on.

Testing times for the club and the coach.

thats the perfect gif for the occasion
yet you are posting about Chappy being gone and about whom he was moved on for …

So which is it?

Or are you just flip flopping to follow the latest post… :rolleyes:

GO Catters

Guthrie
Vardy
Cowan
Horlin-Smith
Murdoch
Walker
Blicavs
Thurlow
Bews
Hartman
Lang
Kersten
Cockatoo
Gregson

They are the only players left on the list who have debuted under Scott's tenure as coach.

There is virtually only a handful of guys on there who look like they are going to go on and become 200 game players. The rest have either stagnated, or are simply too injury prone to be realistically counted on.

smooth transition my arse chris scooty.

yet you are posting about Chappy being gone and about whom he was moved on for …

So which is it?

Or are you just flip flopping to follow the latest post… :rolleyes:

GO Catters

i liked the gif darren, i loled when i saw it

you do enjoy a lol dont u big d?

and dont u worry dazza, ive got plenty of post on paul chapman and why it was a mistake letting him go, just for you :)

Guthrie
Vardy
Cowan
Horlin-Smith
Murdoch
Walker
Blicavs
Thurlow
Bews
Hartman
Lang
Kersten
Cockatoo
Gregson

Who's fault is that though? Is it Scott's fault? What about Wells [ducks for cover]?? Development coaches??

Guthrie*
Vardy
Cowan
Horlin-Smith
Murdoch
Walker
Blicavs*
Thurlow*
Bews*
Hartman
Lang*
Kersten
Cockatoo*
Gregson*

Agree,
the * players are my tips, your thoughts re 200 gamers.

Guthrie
Vardy
Cowan
Horlin-Smith
Murdoch
Walker
Blicavs
Thurlow
Bews
Hartman
Lang
Kersten
Cockatoo
Gregson

Completely disingenuous post.
That's 13 blokes - 11 of that list have played a handful of games. Add to that
Caddy
Clark
Stanley

You completely forget Guthrie. Motlop played 1 game in 2010. So to all intents and purposes they debuted under Scott.

That's 16 "debutantes" (Cowan and Vardy not included) You can have only the field 18 at once. I really don't know what you want from the club and coach. 18 debutants each week?

Who's fault is that though? Is it Scott's fault? What about Wells [ducks for cover]?? Development coaches??

Jimmy Bartel and James Kelly have been asked to play the role of small defender the last couple of years. The Geelong football club had Joel Hamling, Jake Kolodjashnij, Jed Bews and Jackson Thurlow running around in the VFL, holding their own during this period of time. Ok' Bews got 7 games, but it should have been more than that. Anyone who watches VFL could see this kid was going to make it very early on and he should have at least played upwards of 12 games last season.

We have been crying out for more strong bodied midfielders. We had Jordan Schroder doing all he could last year, but still didn't get a look in. Instead, Chris Scott wanted to see what Jesse Stringer or Jackson Sheringham had in store. Both guys are no longer on any AFL list, while Jordan Schorder is going to play his first VFL game for Essendon tomorrow. You would have to be a very brave person to suggest he won't feature amongst their better players in that one.
Whether Schroder was ever going to make is not the point. It's the fact he was not given any opportunity whatsoever which rests solely on our senior coach.

You bloody well hope Hamling + Schroder remain in the VFL, eventually getting de-listed, because Taylor Hunt is another that looks like fitting in pretty well over at Richmond.

"Thanks for winning us the SF off your own boot, Paul. If you could just agree to only play ten games next year and at a severely reduced wage, that would be great. We're not demanding the same of any of the other veterans. They'll all be walk-up starts regardless of form, but you know, we have to get games into Burbury. He's the future of the club."
How do you know what would have eventuated if he stayed?
Was he immune to injuries by being a Bomber?

If he had performed as you have described, 10 games would be the minimum. He was not willing to take the offer at Geelong and prove his 2013 was the aberration.

None of us are happy he is off our list AND performing a pivotal role for Essendon, but Chappy is; gets to play ANZAC day games and chances to beat Hawthorn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Completely disingenuous post.
That's 13 blokes - 11 of that list have played a handful of games. Add to that
Caddy
Clark
Stanley

You completely forget Guthrie. Motlop played 1 game in 2010. So to all intents and purposes they debuted under Scott.

That's 16 "debutantes" (Cowan and Vardy not included) You can have only the field 18 at once. I really don't know what you want from the club and coach. 18 debutants each week?

What are you on mate?
I included Guthrie!

Guthrie
Vardy
Cowan
Horlin-Smith
Murdoch
Walker
Blicavs
Thurlow
Bews
Hartman
Lang
Kersten
Cockatoo
Gregson

Plenty of scope for differing interpretations on that list.

I have Guthrie, Hyphen, Blitz, Thurlow, Bews, Lang as locks to play 200 (career-ending injury aside).

I then have Cockatoo and Gregson as probables based on the little we have seen from them so far.

The rest (based on either chronic injury or my equivocal sense of whether they will 'make it') are longer odds with me.

Although the only ones I think are incredibly unlikely (pretty much for reasons wholly unrelated to football ability) are Vardy, Cowan and Hartman.

So I'm looking at 7 or 8 of the 14 you list as 'likely'. And at least a couple of others who are not outside the realms of possibility.

Can't see how that's a ridiculously poor ratio at all, given how many debutantes at league level stumble through less than 50 or so games before meeting an abrupt end.

Just my view, I know.

Really?
How far up Scott's ass is your bloody head boob?

You should try and take it out from that area of his body and open your damn eyes. You kind of think everything is cherry ripe and the Geelong list is in very good order.

Why the angst, Bobby_?

Simply because some here have the temerity to not completely agree with you about the state of the list.

We all acknowledge there are problems. But the fact that there are differing views on how serious the problem is should not be seen as reason to attack the intellect and objectivity of fellow posters.

Long season ahead on this board if we're 'all in' about a matter worthy of reasoned conjecture like this one.

Why the angst, Bobby_?

Simply because some here have the temerity to not completely agree with you about the state of the list.

We all acknowledge there are problems. But the fact that there are differing views on how serious the problem is should not be seen as reason to attack the intellect and objectivity of fellow posters.

Long season ahead on this board if we're 'all in' about a matter worthy of reasoned conjecture like this one.

yeh' I removed that post to avoid a fu**ing infraction but thanks for ensuring you highlighted it again. Sick and tired of the same old posters who continually applaud the very issues which are crippling us big time.

Really?
How far up Scott's ass is your bloody head boob?

You should try and take it out from that area of his body and open your damn eyes. You kind of think everything is cherry ripe and the Geelong list is in very good order.
I'm just a realist. I get the impression that you look toward Gold Coast and GWS and measures of where a young list could/should be.
On no measure can you compare our list to theirs. Just this year GWS had 3 first round pics.

That aside I think that out of that list 10 are decent 150 game players.

Also please answer my initial question. What do you want Scott to do? Play more kids? Keep s**t trucks like Brown and Hamling on the list? What?

Really?
He's going to struggle to get there if he's played one week (did an ok job as well) but dropped the following week.

I see Hyphen's curve different to a lot of others on here. I recognise that.

I just hope the MC recognises that getting belted from pillar to post by all and sundry on the inside is not helped by removing players capable of winning decent quantities of contested ball from the line-up.

As they seem to have responded in that vein this week, I'll live in hope that they follow through with some continuity in Hyphen's selection at senior level for the foreseeable future.

Given the chance, I think he'll prove his worth for the long haul.

yeh' I removed that post to avoid a fu**ing infraction but thanks for ensuring you highlighted it again. Sick and tired of the same old posters who continually applaud the very issues which are crippling us big time.
I live OS so I don't see as much footy as some - what are the very issues that are crippling us and what needs to be fixed?
Do you think we should have cut out losses post 11 rather than given it a go in 12,13,14? Hindsight says you send Bartel and SJ to GWS for picks but at what cost to club culture.

I'm just a realist. I get the impression that you look toward Gold Coast and GWS and measures of where a young list could/should be.
On no measure can you compare our list to theirs. Just this year GWS had 3 first round pics.

That aside I think that out of that list 10 are decent 150 game players.

Also please answer my initial question. What do you want Scott to do? Play more kids? Keep s**t trucks like Brown and Hamling on the list? What?

No I do not look to Gold Coast or the GWS because they have how many first round draft picks compared to us?
I do not like the recruiting of older players over what's already on the damn list.

I have said it once and I'll say it again. Mitch Clark will hurt us, because while he looks good to average right now (did bugger all last week), he's taking games away from other players who desperately need them in the next year or two.
Same issue with Rivers and McIntosh. They are done and dusted. Watch Rivers concede three of four goals tomorrow afternoon. The same kind of goals he has always conceded when playing on bigger opponents.

Why did the club keep Vardy on the list if we have Stanley and Clark anyways? It's obvious they do not see Vardy making it now, if it wasn't obvious, Clark wouldn't be needed given Vardy and Walker have shown enough to suggest are worth pumping games into.

Three years down the track, Clark will announce his retirement. Geelong will not win another premiership, and we will have Vardy and Walker stuck on 20-30 games when it should have been as many games as what Blicavs currently has next to his name.

How am I to know what your plan is regarding injudicious posts? When I replied, the post stood.

And if you're sick and tired of people simply offering an alternative viewpoint (which you then caricature as 'the same old posters who continually applaud…'), I don't see how forum discussion is going to work around here in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back