Oct 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
VFL Collingwood
G'day guys, hope everyone is well.

Anyway here is the situation...
My better half has been away for 6 weeks overseas and she gets back on Friday morning (plane lands at 6:30am) and I was wanting to do something/set up something etc. for her as a surprise once I've picked her up from the airport.

I'm not talking about a limo from the airport or anything like that, more of a she walks in the door to a surprise kinda thing.

So was just after some ideas from anyone that can offer any.
Not after anything ridiculously drastic, just something thoughtful and nice.

I am well aware that I've left it to the last minute, which has become a trait of mine, but hey, alls well ends well right?*

*god she's lucky :D

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

G'day guys, hope everyone is well.

Anyway here is the situation...
My better half has been away for 6 weeks overseas and she gets back on Friday morning (plane lands at 6:30am) and I was wanting to do something/set up something etc. for her as a surprise once I've picked her up from the airport.

I'm not talking about a limo from the airport or anything like that, more of a she walks in the door to a surprise kinda thing.

So was just after some ideas from anyone that can offer any.
Not after anything ridiculously drastic, just something thoughtful and nice.

I am well aware that I've left it to the last minute, which has become a trait of mine, but hey, alls well ends well right?*

*god she's lucky :D

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

Rose petals leading all the way into the kitchen? Haha, okay im joking.

I am of no help at all.

It doesn't take much

It's just lovely to come home to a clean and tidy house and some lovely flowers.

And plan an early and lovely dinner:):hearts::rainbow:

Ps lots of brownie points for wanting to do something:)

It doesn't take much

It's just lovely to come home to a clean and tidy house and some lovely flowers.

And plan an early and lovely dinner:):hearts::rainbow:

Ps lots of brownie points for wanting to do something:)
Haha I would clean the house, but we don't live together, so I'm not sure that she'd appreciate it all that much haha

I thought of dinner but she hasn't stopped talking about wanting Hungry Jacks since she left because they don't have it over there. So I think Hungry's has taken the dinner idea off me.... UNLESS!! I get her Hungry's and set it up with a candle. That is true romance :p:D

If youre looking for something cute to do in the evening, moonlight cinema at the botanical gardens is pretty sweet. You can do a whole picnic thing, bring the wine and enjoy the movie outdoors. Then your in a nice spot if you want to go out for a drink or a walk or something.

Sigh.. i'd make such a decent boyfriend :p

As soon as she steps in through the door, grab her hand lightly and tell her to close her eyes. Place a light silk blindfold over her eyes, guide her slowly and sensually through the house with your hands around her stomach, tell her how much you missed her and whisper sweet things in her ears, kissing her neck along the way.

Take her to the room, the one you've been wanting her in for the past 6 weeks, whisper "don't move..." as you slowly lower her blindfold, unveiling 6 weeks worth of dirty washing you didn't know how to clean. Kiss her lightly on the cheek then go open a stubbie and put the footy on.

Wait what

If youre looking for something cute to do in the evening, moonlight cinema at the botanical gardens is pretty sweet. You can do a whole picnic thing, bring the wine and enjoy the movie outdoors. Then your in a nice spot if you want to go out for a drink or a walk or something.

Sigh.. i'd make such a decent boyfriend :p
She'd be asleep before the movie started :)

Save that for next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blaze wins!

/thread

Haha nah, I'm just gonna go with a teddy bear on the pillows with a couple of flowers and a card (hand written) Its something little, with a little bit of thought :)

she will probably be shagged from the flights, I would give her time to rest and take her out for a romantic picnic lunch the next day
We've got a wedding on Saturday, so I want to do something like that on Sunday with her depending on how she feels :)

We've got a wedding on Saturday, so I want to do something like that on Sunday with her depending on how she feels :)

It sounds like it's going to be a really lovely and special homecoming :hearts::rainbow:

Hahaha ah jeez... Some of the replies are quite funny, half the ideas are better than mine.

Yeah Magpie Girl the "Return of the Bird" went really well, she crashed pretty quickly once we got home :thumbsdown: (gheeeyyyy) but then after a few hours of her sleeping I woke her up with a little note that I wrote on a piece of paper saying glad to have you back, missed you etc and a cup of tea and some candles around the room.
It was nice, simple and required zero effort really, so that's my sort of thing:p

Looking back, probably should have done a bit more, but then again it probably wouldn't have been worth it because she basically slept for the first two days she was back (other than the wedding on the Saturday).

Hahaha ah jeez... Some of the replies are quite funny, half the ideas are better than mine.

Yeah Magpie Girl the "Return of the Bird" went really well, she crashed pretty quickly once we got home :thumbsdown: (gheeeyyyy) but then after a few hours of her sleeping I woke her up with a little note that I wrote on a piece of paper saying glad to have you back, missed you etc and a cup of tea and some candles around the room.
It was nice, simple and required zero effort really, so that's my sort of thing:p

Looking back, probably should have done a bit more, but then again it probably wouldn't have been worth it because she basically slept for the first two days she was back (other than the wedding on the Saturday).
What you did sounds perfect
(and it wasn't zero effort - it was thoughtful):rainbow:

When someone is exhausted after a long flight simple is often best

Remove this Banner Ad

Back