Fords to leave V8 supercars in 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Ceagle

Draftee
Sep 8, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
As a lifelong holden supporter i find this very sad, and considering this governments lack of help to Holden and them closing down, i'm sure holden will be next. Sad to see bathurst in the future without these two manufacturers.

DREAM TEAM BUFF

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Fred Medal Ex-Moderator
Feb 9, 2011
Western Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
MUFC & HRT
As a lifelong holden supporter i find this very sad, and considering this governments lack of help to Holden and them closing down, i'm sure holden will be next. Sad to see bathurst in the future without these two manufacturers.

Leaving in 2016 will still be racing in 2015 but with less cars

Ashton Agar

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jul 20, 2013
Test Cricket
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
LIVERPOOL, Sydney FC, Nottm Forest
Bringing in the other manufacturers (Volvo etc) was bad enough, but getting rid of Ford just completely destroys it. I don't see how they can think what they have done is good for the V8 Supercars. I'm a Holden man but this is utter bullshit.

WGAF about V8 Supercars these days....

Winston_Smith

Club Legend
Aug 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sad, yes. Surprising? No. Only bogans follow V8 Supercars these days, and in modern times bogans will only drive Holdens. No use Ford spending precious marketing dollars on it if they are not reaching their target audience. Even without the end of Falcon production, this was inevitable.

DrKrieger

Club Legend
Jul 3, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Patriots, Miller, Williams
Sad, yes. Surprising? No. Only bogans follow V8 Supercars these days, and in modern times bogans will only drive Holdens. No use Ford spending precious marketing dollars on it if they are not reaching their target audience. Even without the end of Falcon production, this was inevitable.
Classy generalisation.
Ford wont have a car to run anyway. Mustang doesnt fit the rules.
As an aside, would the Fusion be able to fit the rules? I'm guessing that's what Ford are most likely to replace the Falcon with in Australia...

Sep 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Reading FC
Classy generalisation.

As an aside, would the Fusion be able to fit the rules? I'm guessing that's what Ford are most likely to replace the Falcon with in Australia...
From what I understand Ford isnt replacing the Falcon with anything. Large sedans are a dead market these days. Mustang will keep the performance enthusiasts happy. They could use Mondeo but it would be a bit weird as its not really the sort of car you would see racing in Australia and would need a fair bit of work to make it RWD plus V8.

Klyntonius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
The nearest twisties
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Kawasaki Racing, Falcons, Pelicans
From what I understand Ford isnt replacing the Falcon with anything. Large sedans are a dead market these days. Mustang will keep the performance enthusiasts happy. They could use Mondeo but it would be a bit weird as its not really the sort of car you would see racing in Australia and would need a fair bit of work to make it RWD plus V8.

Like the Volvo S60 and Nissan Altima?

Jul 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool // Ferrari
By the time the falcon and commodore die *sigh* the v8's will probably open up to what it was before they were created. It'll just be touring cars except v8's will remain a requirement.

Our country becomes less unique each year, its really sad to see us become a clone of America and England. The Australia we know now is nothing but an empty shell. Going to really miss seeing new Commodores and Falcons on the roads. (Funny thing is, in 15 or so years when SUV's are old hats, I can see large sedans coming back into vogue. Guess who won't be around) :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beetlebum

Premiership Player
Jul 13, 2011
Formerly Row UU Block 113.
AFL Club
Fremantle
No surprise that news really. They been saying it for a while now. Though some articles that I've read on this make it sound as though there will be no Ford's at all in the series beyond 2015 which isn't necessarily true, nothing really changes for the privateer teams, it's only FPR that bites the dust.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back