Forgotten Brothers

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, Phil & Jimmy I know a bit about, saw them many times up close & personal during their Claremont day's.

Did Andrew have a brother play ?.

Jim and Phil had a brother called Andrew who played a few games for North in the late 80s. Jim's son is also named Andrew

Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk

Jim and Phil had a brother called Andrew who played a few games for North in the late 80s. Jim's son is also named Andrew

Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk

Oh, I misunderstood.

Can't remember the brother Andrew, will check with my comrades tomorrow. I know there was a brother called Billy who did ok at East Fremantle.

Sean did play a year or two on Richmond's list without setting the world on fire. I think he was a fair bit older than Joel and Patrick. He was out of the AFL before the others started.

True - Rated Rhett a bit higher than Sean - Thought they had enough attributes for AFL footy.

Jarryd, the middle brother. He was an okay depth player for Hawthorn in the late 2000s. From memory, militant regarding a good nights sleep, compared to his brothers.

Funny to think none of them are playing anymore.
All 3 are playing for Perth in the WAFL this season.

I'll nominate Sam Power who was a Top 10 draft pick just like his brother Luke.
He played 123 games for the Bulldogs and North, but never really did much.
It's mind boggling that someone like Beau Waters is stranded on 120 games and possibly about to have his career ended by injury and yet someone like Power managed 123 uneventful games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ok wrong sport but I love how Steve and Mark's brother Dean was given the nickname 'Korea' - The Forgotten Waugh.

Tim Bourke.
Greg Healy.
Except the Afghanistan war is the forgotten war (Waugh) and the nickname was Afgan.

And it was Mark Waughs nickname ;)

wut

I don't doubt that could be Mark's nickname, but Korean is much more widely accepted as 'The Forgotten War', and Dean was called Korea.
FTR, Mark is nicknamed Afghan so I incorrectly assumed you were confused.

But yes you're correct about the Korean war. Serves me right for being a condescending jerk lol.

There are actually several wars referred to as forgotten wars including the Afghan war.

Richmond brothers I can recall off the top of my head - The Gale brothers (Brendan and Michael), The Kellaways (Duncan and Andrew) and the Bowden's (Joel and Patrick).

Alex McDonald taken pick 1 did nothing and is now a player manager. Anthony was pretty good. James was a star and taken in the rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back