Forgotten players

Remove this Banner Ad

Luca Toni, top scorer in Serie A leading up to 2006 world cup, I remember as I stupidly put a fair amount on him winning the Golden Boot @ the 06 WC

banging them in for verona. was one of the top scorers last season in serie a, with i think around 20 goals

Nathan Ellington is probably still at one of the 100's of teams he played for after leaving Watford.

Amdy Faye was at Stoke? no idea where he is now.

Tomas Radzinski long retired.

Anders Svensson stopped playing in the premier league like 10 years ago? Went back to Sweden and is still playing there.

The never made its:

Nile Ranger
John Bostock
Freddy Adu
Florent Sinama Pongolle
Gael Kakuta

Freddy Adu is an intresting one.

There were rumors that he was only so good at youth level because he was actually a few years older than the 14 his birth certificate said.

He was found out when he came to Europe and couldnt bully the youth players anymore.

He is currently playing in Serbia somewhere.

Also put (boyhood club?) Hull up into the Premier League. Pretty sure it was an extra time or last minute volley, absolute belter. I remember the game well but remember a peroxided 40-year old even more.

So sad to see so many boring, rubbish clubs in the EPL these days with their McStadiums (of which Arsenal has too, of course). A resurgence of Charlton, Watford, Nottingham Forest, Sheff Wednesday, Leeds, Bradford would be so cool.

Haha... for all the fat peroxided-ness, it's pretty much a textbook perfect volley that any player in the world would be happy with

And Phil Brown, miss that kook too.

Yeah Windass had two spells with us at the start and end of his career. That volley was a peach, around the 60th minute I think, and that result was first got me interested in Hull. He currently holds the record as the oldest scorer in the PL I believe with a scrappy goal against Portsmouth in our first season up.

As for Phil Brown, I had the privilege of watching him on my trip as he managed Southend to a defeat against us in the 4th Round of the FA Cup. I think he's still there last time I checked. He was a great character and waved to us when we chanted his name and all that sort of thing. Great bloke. :)

What happened to Rory Delaps
Yeah Windass had two spells with us at the start and end of his career. That volley was a peach, around the 60th minute I think, and that result was first got me interested in Hull. He currently holds the record as the oldest scorer in the PL I believe with a scrappy goal against Portsmouth in our first season up.

As for Phil Brown, I had the privilege of watching him on my trip as he managed Southend to a defeat against us in the 4th Round of the FA Cup. I think he's still there last time I checked. He was a great character and waved to us when we chanted his name and all that sort of thing. Great bloke. :)

The singing when you lot stayed up in 08/09 :) :)

There will never be a team that has a poorer second half of the season and stay up!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Windas was 39 when he scored for Hull i believe.

Teddy Sheringham holds the record as the oldest outfield player to appear in a Premier League match (40 years, 272 days)and the oldest player to score in a Premier League match (40 years, 268 days).

Windas was 39 when he scored for Hull i believe.

Teddy Sheringham holds the record as the oldest outfield player to appear in a Premier League match (40 years, 272 days)and the oldest player to score in a Premier League match (40 years, 268 days).

Hm ok, strange, I thought I'd read that Windass held the record.

Funny that they were both scored against Portsmouth though.

EDIT: Ah, he's our oldest scorer of all time, that's where I got confused.

Mateja Kezman came to Chelsea with an amazing goal scoring record in Holland was a flop.

Alfonso Alves did the same thing. Scored 45 in 38 games in Holland, couple of years later Boro sold him to a team in the UAE or Qatar

Luca Toni, top scorer in Serie A leading up to 2006 world cup, I remember as I stupidly put a fair amount on him winning the Golden Boot @ the 06 WC
He was a real old school Italian striker. Kind of like a better Pablo Osvaldo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back