Injury Former Lion Aaron Cornelius severely injures knee

Remove this Banner Ad

This was a horrible injury to witness, let alone sustain. Aaron has done a great job with Glenorchy this year and I hope he recovers without any long term damage so he can continue his coaching career, in the short term. Long term is upto him and his family but I wish him the best of luck in his rehab and future.

Last edited:
For some reason this reminds me of the time that Blake Caracella suffered his career ending neck injury against us.. Not good, I hope Cornelius is able to make a full recovery. I really wouldn't wish any type of serious injury on anyone :(

Aaron is having a very emotional time of it judging by his tweet yesterday......thanked family and friends there for him with support and to cry with.:(

Pearce Hanley then responded with a "stay strong bud...thinking of ya" tweet.

..so damned sad. Getting lots of support from players and fans by the looks of it which is great.

Last edited:

Sounds like Aaron has a long road ahead, but is past the first hurdle regarding possible leg loss - best of luck for his full recovery.

Even if he doesn't get back on the field as a player, it appears he has a penchant for coaching with the success of his Glenorchy team. With his background there is always the chance he could take on an AFL assistant coach role somewhere.

I have a feeling we may yet see him play again.

latest news folks
Aaron has had skin grafts which have been a success , he has made it out of his hospital room in a wheel chair and hopes to be allowed to the footy this weekend to watch his team play in the elimination final , still many mountains to climb and footy is a long road ahead if at all , walking is the no 1 objective. his knee is yet to be looked at but hopefully that will be soon.

poor kid has been very down and out but the latest improvements and being able to see the sun has cheered him up , he is getting much media coverage down here as he is a favorite son.

he still won the goal kicking award for the SFL even missing the last few games which is a bonus

i have let the family know of all the support he is getting from the lions and especially all on this board ! THANKS ON THEIR BEHALF

until the next report

what happens when a match gets called off, do they have to replay it ?
If the injury happened after 1/2 time, then whoever was in front at the time, gets the points (provided that the game has been delayed by more than 45 minutes), if it happened before then, the game is considered a draw & the points are split.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back