Formula 1 in 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 19, 2012
Wanneroo
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Phoenix Coyotes
Kimi gets a lot of worship at F1 on reddit. It annoys me - he's been deadset average since his return and Alonso has smashed him in virtually every race. Oh, but he's a lad and he has funny messages to his pit crew - so f***ing what?
The bloke won two races and finished inside top 5 in the championship in the last two seasons driving for a team with no money and who weren't paying him. He's been a bit better than 'average'. While this season has been a write off, I'm sure he'll be just fine next season with a car better suited for himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 11, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
The bloke won two races and finished inside top 5 in the championship in the last two seasons driving for a team with no money and who weren't paying him. He's been a bit better than 'average'. While this season has been a write off, I'm sure he'll be just fine next season with a car better suited for himself.

I think it puts the car Lotus were providing him in a far better light than its results would suggest. The team had no money like Brawn GP had no money in 2009 but got the job done.

Kimi has a contract until the end of 2016.

That hasn't stopped Ferrari from terminating him early before. F1 is quite bizzare at the moment where all these decent drivers are given the arse to make way for money and commercial appeal. No longer a results driven industry apparently.

I think it puts the car Lotus were providing him in a far better light than its results would suggest. The team had no money like Brawn GP had no money in 2009 but got the job done.

That hasn't stopped Ferrari from terminating him early before. F1 is quite bizzare at the moment where all these decent drivers are given the arse to make way for money and commercial appeal. No longer a results driven industry apparently.
I'd wager Kimi's on such a high amount of coin that not even Ferrari can justify paying him out.

Simple Jack

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Webber, Ricciardo, NE Patriots
Do you guys actually watch the Ten coverage though? I watch Sky for the build up and then unmute the TV only when they've gone to the Sky broadcast and do the reverse procedure at the end of the race. It leads to a much better viewing experience IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back