Formula One in 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

CSlTu7VW4AYEFj_.jpg:large

Posted by Red Bull on Twitter :D

**** RB. Piss and moan all the time. I never heard this much whining from McLaren when Peugeot were providing them with undeveloped engines. Williams have a few times had to taken a hit with an inferior engine in their history. But they worked with what they got and moved towards a solution.

Red Bull****!

**** RB. Piss and moan all the time. I never heard this much whining from McLaren when Peugeot were providing them with undeveloped engines. Williams have a few times had to taken a hit with an inferior engine in their history. But they worked with what they got and moved towards a solution.

Red Bull****!
Did someone from RB kill your dog or something?
Regardless of whether or not you like corporations in F1, no Red Bull (no Ricciardo, Kyvatt, Verstappen and Sainz) is very bad for the sport

RB **** off. Another team takes their place. Ricciardo would get a pay increase to drive a similar performing car, or he'd be first in line for a seat in a front running team.
You don't like RBR's attitude? If only you'd made this clear earlier!

Also lol at the idea Ricciardo would be first in line. Verstappen could name his price.

Verstappen could name his price if you're a sh it team manager. Verstappen is just a kid driving a mid range team with no pressure on him. He's done some nice things that make superficial fans get their panties wet. But he's also done dumb things. It's like getting excited over a kid making a 30 off 8 balls in one T20 game, and picking him over a 24yo who averaged 60 in last year's Sheffield shield season.

Riccardo put together a quality, whole season last year. In a front running car, up against the reigning 4 time champ who'd been with the team for 6 years or whatever. And it's not like he didn't have any pressure on him to perform. He might not have been expected to match vetted, but he had to be within range. Otherwise RB would of turfed him out like when McLaren realised perez was not up to it.

Ricciardo>>>Verstappen

Verstappen could name his price if you're a sh it team manager. Verstappen is just a kid driving a mid range team with no pressure on him. He's done some nice things that make superficial fans get their panties wet. But he's also done dumb things. It's like getting excited over a kid making a 30 off 8 balls in one T20 game, and picking him over a 24yo who averaged 60 in last year's Sheffield shield season.

Riccardo put together a quality, whole season last year. In a front running car, up against the reigning 4 time champ who'd been with the team for 6 years or whatever. And it's not like he didn't have any pressure on him to perform. He might not have been expected to match vetted, but he had to be within range. Otherwise RB would of turfed him out like when McLaren realised perez was not up to it.

Ricciardo>>>Verstappen
Agree re: Verstappen at the moment. But he is showing all the signs of being an absolute superstar in the making. I have no doubt he'll excel in a top teams in a few years. Maybe at the ripe old age of 21/22.

You don't like RBR's attitude? If only you'd made this clear earlier!

Also lol at the idea Ricciardo would be first in line. Verstappen could name his price.
Ricciardo wouldn't be first in line because Vettel won't let him anywhere near Ferrari and Mercedes will probably go for one of their in house drivers when they have a change. And until the engine regs change those will be the only top teams.

I don't think Verstappen could necessarily name his price. A team like Ferrari have constantly shown to be pretty conservative with driver choice when it comes to inexperience.

k

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Red Bull****!

Those are terrible examples. McLaren ditched Peugeot after one year despite signing on for 5. In an era when there numerous options. Despite that, Peugeot were still able to develop their engine and ended up one of the better engines in 96/97.

Williams only used Judd for a year knowing they had a Renault contract in the back pocket. Same with the Supertec in 98/99 having signed BMW as early as 97.

Examples an in era when proper engine development was possible and many manufacturers entering.

Those are terrible examples. McLaren ditched Peugeot after one year despite signing on for 5. In an era when there numerous options. Despite that, Peugeot were still able to develop their engine and ended up one of the better engines in 96/97.

Williams only used Judd for a year knowing they had a Renault contract in the back pocket. Same with the Supertec in 98/99 having signed BMW as early as 97.

Examples an in era when proper engine development was possible and many manufacturers entering.
Yes but none of that fits with his "Red Bull are the devil and it's all Sebastian Vettel's fault" angle.

Roland points don't help. Even thought they eventually won titles with MB, McLaren were wrong to pitch Peugeot. Williams would've got another engine deal because they're a respected motor racing organisation. You're not entitled to anything like RB think they are. They could get a MB or Ferrari. They just have to accept it won't be the exact one MB/Ferrari will provide for themselves. That's the advantage of building engines, and disadvantage of being a drinks manufacturer.

Susie Wolff has hung up the helmet. Damn shame. Seemed a lovely lady who loved motor racing.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/susie-wolff/susie-wolff-retired_b_8461408.html

My progression into Formula 1 came to represent so much more than a racing driver simply trying to reach the pinnacle of the sport. It was also the hope that finally there may again be a female on the starting grid. I rode the wave, was energized by all the support and fought hard. There were those who wanted it to happen. Those who didn't.

I can only tell you, I gave it my all. Do I think F1 is ready for a competitive female racing driver that can perform at the highest level? Yes. Do I think it is achievable as a woman? Most definitely. Do I think it will happen soon? Sadly no. We have two issues, not enough young girls starting in karting at a young age and no clear role model. Sometimes you just have to see it to believe it.

It'll happen again one day, sadly the one who was arguably closest to it is no longer with us.

Instead of worrying about f1. A female would be better off concentrating on winning touring car title or a bug race like Le mans/Indy. If a woman won a v8sc title, she would get worldwide recognition. Even above a lot of f1drivers.
How about they do what they like?

They can do whatever they like. But then their reputation will slowly erode to irrelevance and they will not be recognised as respectable racing drivers. Susie has finally succumbed to the realisation of not being good enough and being a waste of everyone's time.

A woman who wins a v8sc for instance. Will gain worldwide respect for their ability, because v8sc is of sufficient standard to gain that expect. Their fame would penetrate further than what v8sc can. They would then be an inspiration for younger females to succeed in professional motorsport. Even if those females are not from aus/nz.

Susie is now lost to professional motorsport racing (not that it's much of a loss). She will now to live with the indignity of being a representation of everything that's wrong with females in professional motorsport.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back