Toast Four Players make AA Squad from the Cattery

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you receive a note from the mods telling you that you used too many emoticons, Fred? Just wondering- it seems that 9 might be too many but 6 is acceptable...

Just trying to work out the rules, here. (oh, rainbows aren't good- maybe 6 rainbows is too many?)
Carry on ;)

Simple rules for this board TC, you should know them all by now.....

#1 in contested marks
#1 in marks i50
#2 in goals.
An absolute beast in 1 on 1's. If he played for another team I'd be very nervous anytime a defender was one out with him.
Apparently not enough for the FF spot, gotta get golden boy Riewoldt in there somehow.
What peeved me was KB's justification for selecting Roughead over Hawkins - the fact Roughead is so versatile. Yet there are 4 midfielders on the interchange bench. How realistic and versatile is that?

I can't believe Lingy let this happen!!

I am not not normally bothered about individual awards but at the end of his career this achievement will be missing. It is not right.

How on earth did we win 17 games with only one decent forward (tall or small) unless that forward was an absolute monster. It is just so wrong that he has been robbed of this. He will push Selwood in the b and f.
WCE probably more aggrieved. Priddis missed out again. McKenzie, described by many as the No.1 defender in 2014, missed out

I'm sorry that Tom didn't make the AA team, even though some people say it's a lottery, or the award just panders to media biases or is only for marketing purposes anyway.

There's the injustice of having Riewoldt selected ahead of Hawkins, when Franklin should've been named CHF and Tom FF. As many people have stated, Tom's stats support the fact that he's had an outstanding season, better than virtually all the other tall forwards. And I would imagine all defenders would be more afraid of a forward line consisting of the talls Franklin, Roughead and Hawkins compared to Franklin, Roughead and Riewoldt.

And the other thing is, I'm pretty sure that all the Cats players have performance bonuses written into their contracts, so that if they get selected as an AA, they receive a bonus payment. After having so much back trouble last year, Tom has come back magnificently this year, played so well, and done so much for our team, that I'm also sorry to see him miss out on the extra cash, even if he probably doesn't really need it :D.

I'm sorry that Tom didn't make the AA team, even though some people say it's a lottery, or the award just panders to media biases or is only for marketing purposes anyway.

There's the injustice of having Riewoldt selected ahead of Hawkins, when Franklin should've been named CHF and Tom FF. As many people have stated, Tom's stats support the fact that he's had an outstanding season, better than virtually all the other tall forwards. And I would imagine all defenders would be more afraid of a forward line consisting of the talls Franklin, Roughead and Hawkins compared to Franklin, Roughead and Riewoldt.

And the other thing is, I'm pretty sure that all the Cats players have performance bonuses written into their contracts, so that if they get selected as an AA, they receive a bonus payment. After having so much back trouble last year, Tom has come back magnificently this year, played so well, and done so much for our team, that I'm also sorry to see him miss out on the extra cash, even if he probably doesn't really need it :D.
Well put. Can we give him a BF Award? I know its a token gesture. Seriously, I totally expected Tom to be named on the bench when he didn't get the FF gig. That is where the AA is a mockery. You would NEVER have 4 midfielders on a bench, so why do that for the AA?

Well put. Can we give him a BF Award? I know its a token gesture. Seriously, I totally expected Tom to be named on the bench when he didn't get the FF gig. That is where the AA is a mockery. You would NEVER have 4 midfielders on a bench, so why do that for the AA?

The blokes selecting the AA squad started making up their own rules a few years ago when they announced that they were going to name the best players, whether they were out of position or whatever. Just so they could squeeze them all in. Can't recall the article I read on that but that was pretty much what they were doing.

Like Cox as FP ahead of Pavlich in the 2012 AA team. Just one glaring example.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back