Fox Footy/7mate off season footy replays

Remove this Banner Ad

Just flicking through the foxtel guide on my phone

December 23rd is Super Pav Day
Wonder which games they will pull from the archives

What are your best memories of our super pav
997046-a2ed8598-dbef-11e3-bb5e-bb14174cd6c1.jpg

Round 19 2003 v Kangaroos.

Heritage round and Freo wore the white jumper with red chevrons, my all time favourite freo jumper.

Don't remember many specifics but just remember Pav absolutely dominating the second half. He was immense that day.

We won by a point, 99-98. Put us up to 6th on the ladder and helped to secure our first finals appearance.

Heritage round and Freo wore the white jumper with red chevrons, my all time favourite freo jumper.

Don't remember many specifics but just remember Pav absolutely dominating the second half. He was immense that day.

We won by a point, 99-98. Put us up to 6th on the ladder and helped to secure our first finals appearance.

That's easily in my 5 favourite freo games ever.

The DJ point at the death to win it!

Last edited:

Or another personal favorite was only 5 weeks earlier in Round 19's Derby of 2012. We reversed the results after much criticism of the game plan and RTB in his first derby in May.

Matthew Pavlich 8.2 50
West Coast 6.12 48

Pav kicks 8 here and then fronts up to kick 6 more a month later at the MCG. Quite a purple patch of form.

Or another personal favorite was only 5 weeks earlier in Round 19's Derby of 2012. We reversed the results after much criticism of the game plan and RTB in his first derby in May.

Matthew Pavlich 8.2 50
West Coast 6.12 48

Pav kicks 8 here and then fronts up to kick 6 more a month later at the MCG. Quite a purple patch of form.

This one's an absolute beauty! Surely they have to play it

Just to let you know, I own that jumper he is wearing. It is hanging in my son's games room.

Just to let you know, I own that jumper he is wearing. It is hanging in my son's games room.
Mate that's unreal Fred. Bet it cost you a fair bit at the time but will be worth it's weight in gold once the great man hangs up his boots. Priceless to you and your son though I'm sure. That's awesome mate. :D

Mate that's unreal Fred. Bet it cost you a fair bit at the time but will be worth it's weight in gold once the great man hangs up his boots. Priceless to you and your son though I'm sure. That's awesome mate. :D

Also bought Fyfe's torn jumper he wore in the North game this year. And now he's a Brownlow medallist I am ecstatic to have it. Not autographed though but that is easy fixed.

Also bought Fyfe's torn jumper he wore in the North game this year. And now he's a Brownlow medallist I am ecstatic to have it. Not autographed though but that is easy fixed.
Sounds like one helluva games room at your son's place!! :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matthew Pavlich 8.2 50
West Coast 6.12 48

It was great seeing all of the Eagle's fans faces as they left the ground in disgust at 3/4 time as the loss cost them top 4.

The first derby of this year was even better as it was an Eagles home game.

It was great seeing all of the Eagle's fans faces as they left the ground in disgust at 3/4 time as the loss cost them top 4.

The first derby of this year was even better as it was an Eagles home game.
Yep was deathly silent. I was spoilt beginning of this season, had the pleasure of experiencing a stunned, shell shocked Cattery Rd 2 over there and then got home just in time to head straight to Subi for the Eagles home derby which followed suit the weekend after. Most enjoyable. Two sets of one eyed, flog supporters shocked that their golden boys got rolled right in front of them. :cry::thumbsu:

Last week they replayed the 2005 Grand Final.

Everyone seems to think that it was Leo Barry that won the game for the Swans that day, when in fact it was actually Brent Staker.

So the schedule for Matthew Pavlich Day is:

2012 EF v Geelong - no explanation necessary
2012 R19 v WCE - the day Matthew defeated WCE
2010 R3 v Geelong - 5 goals and 26 disposals in a 7 point win, I believe the day Duff kicked the sealer.
2009 R5 v Sydney - 3 goals and 27 disposals on ANZAC Day, the day Rhys Palmer tore his ACL.
2008 R12 v North - 8 goals in a 10 goal smacking.
2007 R19 v Essendon - 6 goals in a 70 odd point win. Daniel Gilmore 2 Brownlow votes might make it worth watching.
2006 R5 v Saints - Sirengate, Pav dominated with 6.

According to the schedule that's it as they have the top 4 games on the list scheduled to play twice. Not sure if that will change or not?

Last week they replayed the 2005 Grand Final.

Everyone seems to think that it was Leo Barry that won the game for the Swans that day, when in fact it was actually Brent Staker.

His last quarter of that game was one of the worst individual performances I have ever seen. That 50M penalty that he gave away was classic.

After he left the Eagles I started to think Staker actually seemed like a decent guy who had an awful run of luck with injury. But in 2005 he was still an Eagle and I enjoyed that game immensely.

His last quarter of that game was one of the worst individual performances I have ever seen. That 50M penalty that he gave away was classic.

After he left the Eagles I started to think Staker actually seemed like a decent guy who had an awful run of luck with injury. But in 2005 he was still an Eagle and I enjoyed that game immensely.

Brent Staker will only ever be remembered for three things.

1- Costing the Eagles the flag in 2005.
2- Being the player who's jaw was broken after being king hit by Barry Hall.
3- Being traded to Brisbane in exchange for Bradd Dalziel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back