Fox Footy Live on xbox360

vonn

Bigfooty Legend
10k Posts Pokemon is Life Meet-Up Master Pantskyle Podcaster WCE Wings Guernsey Casey Tutungi Future Fund
Sep 29, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney
Thus far I've used 9 gigs which sounds about right because I have been dling during peak hour cause I can't stand the computer on at night. Would probably have say 25-30 gigs available.. Could move all that to off peak and have a max of 35-40. Hmm.

Giant Sphinx

A glass half full supporter.
Oct 4, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool New England
Done the same on my iPad, streamed pretty well but did cut out from time to time or the video died while sound remained. For 50 for the entire season though, not too shabby.

Do you do it just through the iPhone alf app? I just got an iPad and will try and do the same.

Sep 29, 2008
Between the lines.
AFL Club
West Coast
Done the same on my iPad, streamed pretty well but did cut out from time to time or the video died while sound remained. For 50 for the entire season though, not too shabby.
Used my android phone last night and the resolution, which would be avg on a much larger device was fine.

Didnt get any drop outs but its easy to just quit and reload.

Definitely down to reception and it helps that my handheld device runs on the next G network (heck signal isnt even that strong at my house).

Overall was very impressed by the service ($50:eek:) and sure it has flaws but I can watch in the library, at uni, on the train, walking around the house etc.

The app will probably improve usability, but dare I say Telstra actually have a win?

bootz79

Senior List
Mar 10, 2008
eltham
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Does anyone know if u can buy some thing that will put ur iPhone screen onto a computer or small tv. Cause if possible 50 bucks for a season pass would be mint

bombers_4_ever

All Australian
Sep 9, 2006
Bendigo, Vic
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bendigo Bombers, Gold Coast
3 months ago my cousin who lives in Moe tried Foxtel on his xbox (used my dads postcode) and when his bill came in it was 3k. He didn't know it was unmetered. Was told to pay $800 and they would leave it at that. I'm with Telstra so might give it a try.

Sep 21, 2009
Melbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Sorry if this has been mentioned. I just wanted to pass on the information.

I went to sign up to fox footy on xbox today, and when the site asked for my post code (3441) it said fox on xbox is not available in my area. I thought stuff it, it's only $20, I will give it a try. I signed up and used a fake post code for my address. It works fine. I rang foxtel and they said that it should not be working. I am watching fox footy live on high quality now, no buffering at all. I'm with bigpond/wireless.

As I said, I just wanted to pass this on, as foxtel are full of crap. If you want more info, please feel free to ask. I must point out, I took a chance as foxtel told me it wasn't possible. I can't say it will work for you.

From the postcode I am assuming you're in Mt. Macedon, so given that I myself am in Macedon, might have to see if this will work for me also.

If you have Bigpond then Xbox Foxtel is unmetered.

Brilliant. Only good thing about the Telstra deal.

DeadlyAkkuret

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham
Signed up last night, $30 until the footy channel isn't free.

I'm with Westnet so it's a shame that it's metered, but the quality is fine and I only really want it for Sydney games.

Overall a good deal.

Daz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
All the channels are fine for me except Fox Footy at the moment. Considering I only got Foxtel for the footy this is a tad frustrating.

Not in blackout anymore, it's just really choppy.

All the channels are fine for me except Fox Footy at the moment. Considering I only got Foxtel for the footy this is a tad frustrating.

Not in blackout anymore, it's just really choppy.
Mine's working fine. Has since the start of this Dogs/Pies game.

Mine was playing up before though, I went to Network settings and tested the Xbox Live connection. Has worked fine since. Maybe try that?

Daz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Mine's working fine. Has since the start of this Dogs/Pies game.

Mine was playing up before though, I went to Network settings and tested the Xbox Live connection. Has worked fine since. Maybe try that?

I'm on the T-Box. Not sure what to do. It's just strange that the other channels are fine.

jack son 5

Cancelled
Jan 16, 2011
melb
AFL Club
Melbourne
Air Chester, I used Sunbury's postcode. I'm using bigpond wireless, It took about 20 mins to find a sweet spot around the house. (modem was bluetacked to the roof at one stage, lol) but it works fine. I'm up near the pub.

Apr 6, 2008
coburg
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Australian cricket team
Signed up today and was on in less than 2 minutes. I'm going to asses the picture over the NAB cup while there isn't the extra $20 per month. If I do decided to have it for the season then I will pay for the season as a whole as you get 7 months for the price of 5. This will take me up to the end of the season and a chance to watch a few replays of Essendon's 2012 premiership!!! :cool:

My assessment, after watching tonight, is that like all internet streamed tv it gets a little choppy when the movement and color on the screen gets a little bit busy. By busy I mean when you have Dermie and Healy's ugly mugs on prior to the game it is fine and just the same as the telly but when you watch twenty blokes moving quickly around the ball, and of course the camera moving to follow the action, it seems like the frame rate slows down a little. Maybe that means the frame rate is down a little throughout and you only notice it when there is a lot of movement.

I really don't have time to watch nine games of footy a week and so I'm looking at primarily watching Essendon, I will also be watching two of my sons play and helping coach an u19s side. I have a membership so all home games are covered live and the only away games on Foxtel are North and the two Adelaide teams. Might be cheaper to go see round 1 live (surely there will be plenty of spare seats :p ) and see if I can nurse two pints for the games we play in Adelaide.

funk44

Skookum Choocher
Mar 31, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Whats everyones data speed like when theyre using it on the highest quality?

well considering on friday night i was able to download at 1.2mb/s, upload to a mate at 70k and still stream foxfooty flawlessly they could really pump up the quality if they wanted to

Can I confirm the only ways to view all afl games live are with:

(1) FTA + Foxtel
(2) Via Foxtel's xbox deal
(3) On a tablet or mobile via the AFL app
(4) If you're overseas you can stream via the AFL website
(5) Illegally

Is there no package like (4) for people who are living in Australia?

The xbox deal with Foxtel is cheaper than (1) but altogether still quite pricey.

yarran13

Team Captain
May 5, 2010
Geelong
AFL Club
Carlton
Despite not being in HD for the football this is a great way to go without a lock in contract. It's a great way to go if you have a reasonable internet connection.

bombers_4_ever

All Australian
Sep 9, 2006
Bendigo, Vic
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bendigo Bombers, Gold Coast
Signed up this afternoon and was shocked that my $20 turned in $30 then when the real season starts it goes to $50. Was hoping to watch the Suns V Melbourne game but I see the game is blacked out. :mad: Oh well looks like a trip back to the Shamrock Hotel.

Only this month they separated the sports channels and the 'AFL Play' channel. You now need to spend $20pm on top of your normal sports package ($10 pm) to watch Live football.

so just to double check...If I pay the $30 per month, I get the sports channels so I get a few AFL games live but only get every AFL game if I get the foxfooty channel for $20 per month

Back