Remove this Banner Ad

Jade's

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Mar 27, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Got an email from these guys the other day about new changes to the packages they offer. Am waiting to read more before making too much of a comment however I would be very disappointed if channels were cut. The recent change to the movie structure seeing the user get less for the same price was disappointing so will be interesting to see the reaction to this change.

Key changes they are advertising are the change of channels amongst packages
Increase in price for the sport and movie packages from $16 to $25

More details at www.foxtel.com.au/new

Got an email from these guys the other day about new changes to the packages they offer. Am waiting to read more before making too much of a comment however I would be very disappointed if channels were cut. The recent change to the movie structure seeing the user get less for the same price was disappointing so will be interesting to see the reaction to this change.

Key changes they are advertising are the change of channels amongst packages
Increase in price for the sport and movie packages from $16 to $25

More details at www.foxtel.com.au/new
that's a big jump of 9 dollars a month bullshit, I'm getting rid of it.

Mine goes up $3 a month. I've got all except movies, non HD.

The channel changes are superficial. But I think I'll cut "drama and lifestyle" and "documentary and adventure". I'll only miss History from those given Comedy is in the kids package now.

One thing that looks overdue but promising is the ability to go "back in time" with HDIQ if you have it, eg to catch up on an entire TV series.

What a rip off. Does this affect people with Austar boxes as well? I'll be damned if I'm paying any extra for this piece of s**t MyStar box. Looks like I'll be going through cancellations in March.

• Banned
I abused foxtel staff recently about the lack of value for the new movie structures and I was assured there would be no more channel cuts so will be watching very closely to see if any are gone

So Sci Fi is now going to cost extra according to that (dont think it was previously).

And i have one standard box and one IQ. So I bet they charge me for the IQ at $25 and not the $15 for the standard (and i am sure my current package is $15 for multi room).

So Sci Fi is now going to cost extra according to that (dont think it was previously).

And i have one standard box and one IQ. So I bet they charge me for the IQ at $25 and not the $15 for the standard (and i am sure my current package is $15 for multi room).
From what I can see on this page
http://www.foxtel.com.au/cms/groups...ate/@dotcom/documents/webcontent/p_101914.pdf
Sci Fi is part of the Drama and Lifestyle page. So I would assume if you don't want that part of the package but you want Sci Fi you can pay the $5 for the channel separately.

From what I can see on this page
http://www.foxtel.com.au/cms/groups...ate/@dotcom/documents/webcontent/p_101914.pdf
Sci Fi is part of the Drama and Lifestyle page. So I would assume if you don't want that part of the package but you want Sci Fi you can pay the $5 for the channel separately.
Ah, okay. Makes sense.

Form what i can tell, my package should go up by $5. That is if they dont add the extra $10 for multi room (I currently pay $15) that they have in that price guide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stuff this, all I watch is the sports & doco channels & I already pay for the base channels I don't even watch.

Might be time to pull the plug on Foxtel.

I'm not an expert on this kind of stuff but am I right in saying that the USA has far more options for cable? And you can sign up for the channels you want (like HBO), you can just buy sports packages and there is competition in the cable market?

If I'm right, like with our grocery stores, until we see a new competitor we'll always be ripped off by fat cats. Is there some kind of restriction on a new Pay TV provider?

America has genuine competition in the pay TV markets.

From what I can tell DirecTV is the biggest.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/new_customer/base_packages.jsp
http://www.directv.com/premiums/overview
http://www.directv.com/sports/overview

American pay TV also benefits from being primarily original content, compared to Australian pay TV which is mostly imported content people can download.

Probably not a surprise to see Foxtel's movie channels dropping their price. The rise and rise of high speed and cheap downloading must have taken a whack to the demand for movies and HBO and Showtime programming.

I abused foxtel staff recently about the lack of value for the new movie structures and I was assured there would be no more channel cuts so will be watching very closely to see if any are gone

Well, the Sport package has lost Nat Geo Adventure (the base package now has Disney, which I couldn't care less about). And there is no mention of TVN in my email, so that might be gone from sports too. So I'm going to be paying more, and getting less. Hope they have extra staff on tomorrow.

Coz it's Rupert Murdoch's dollar I reckon screw him. There's an old Foxtel dish on top of the house from a previous tenant. Is there any way to reactivate this and patch into the network without paying the bastards, or would they simply backtrace the attempt and nuke my house from orbit?

Pay mate $20 for multiroom to get a foxtel box. Connect with wires to your satellite dish...profit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back