FOXTEL AFL Club Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a 'heads up' for those of you with Foxtel. Foxtel has been featuring a club each day and playing some of each club's best matches and on Monday it is North's turn! Games featured are:-
12:00 AM - 1996 Grand Final
2:00 AM - 1999 Grand Final
4:00 AM - 1994 2nd Qualifying Final Vs Hawthorn
5:00 AM - 2014 EF Vs *
8:00 AM - 2012 Round 17 Vs Richmond
10:30 AM - 2002 Round 1 Vs Port Adelaide
12:30 PM - 2006 Round 13 Vs *
3:00 PM - 2015 Round 21 Vs Fremantle
5:30 PM - 2015 EF Vs Richmond
8:00 PM - 1998 Round 22 Vs Western Bulldogs
10:00 PM - 1996 Grand Final

Enjoy!!! :):)

Just a 'heads up' for those of you with Foxtel. Foxtel has been featuring a club each day and playing some of each club's best matches and on Monday it is North's turn! Games featured are:-
12:00 AM - 1996 Grand Final
2:00 AM - 1999 Grand Final
4:00 AM - 1994 2nd Qualifying Final Vs Hawthorn
5:00 AM - 2014 EF Vs *
8:00 AM - 2012 Round 17 Vs Richmond
10:30 AM - 2002 Round 1 Vs Port Adelaide
12:30 PM - 2006 Round 13 Vs *
3:00 PM - 2015 Round 21 Vs Fremantle
5:30 PM - 2015 EF Vs Richmond
8:00 PM - 1998 Round 22 Vs Western Bulldogs
10:00 PM - 1996 Grand Final

Enjoy!!! :):)

Great line up of games except for the 12.30pm game. Two of the dullest teams that season playing a bit of a nothing game that is remember for not much. We won...that's good but if they wanted to show a great game vs *, then Round 15 1993 would do nicely. Or if you want to pick something from the vast number of Tigers wins we've had, how about the McCartney match in 2003?

Thanks for that, but need to ask where's the 77 Prelim? Probably our greatest win in the history of our club. Yes flags are better.

Probably wasn't filmed, come to think about it.

The one I hear plenty about as "greatest win of all time", but it was before my time, was against * in 1976 at Arden Street with only 17 fit men and kicking into a gale we came from behind to win. I've seen a few moments of highlights but would love to see the last quarter at least. However, I doubt that film exists.

Was the '98 game vs Doggies the Brad Johnson have a shot to win the game, choke and miss a sitter ?

No. That was 2008 - Boomer's 250th. This was was the last Round and the winner finished on top. The Dogs led for most the night but we stayed in touch and finished better and won by 5pts. Amazing crowd - 68,050

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like to see the last quarter V Sydney, where Corey Jones sealed the 40 point comeback.

The great man Giantroo put the highlights of the last quarter up on youtube:

I'm proud to say I was at that game :)

The great man Giantroo put the highlights of the last quarter up on youtube:

I'm proud to say I was at that game :)

Petrie was a rubbish shot 30m out dead in front even then.

I was at this game too. It was something special. Sometimes with a comeback you get a feeling the tide is turning even before it does. Not this match. We were gone at 3/4time but somehow it all suddenly changed. Another great game in Sydney was in 2000. We kicked 7.3 to 0.1 in 10 minutes at the end of the 3rd quarter to go from 32 down to 12 up. We won by 8.

Last edited:
I dunno about you Marstermind, but when McKernan took that ball out of the ruck, took off and kicked a goal from outside 50 in the 3rd quarter, right then I was like:

there-is-still-a-chance-thumb.jpg

Then again, I'm yet to see a 10 goal margin I didn't think we could haul in. Even 10 minutes after the final siren I'm still thinking that.

Other options for the 12:30pm game is clearly the r22 FIRST QUARTER at Windy Hill of 1987.

North were ON :fire: in that opening quarter and look for Jimmy Krakouer letting a left hook go at 1:40 and keep watching for Rosco to shirtfront bubble guts Duckworth.. KAPOW!! *tweet tweet tweet*

North won by 22 IIRC. Kanga Kennedy coming off the boundary when the siren went with big claps!!

Last edited:
Other options for the 12:30pm game is clearly the r22 FIRST QUARTER at Windy Hill of 1987.

North were ON :fire: in that opening quarter and look for Jimmy Krakouer letting a left hook go at 1:40 and keep watching for Rosco to shirtfront bubble guts Duckworth.. KAPOW!! *tweet tweet tweet*

North won by 22 IIRC. Kanga Kennedy coming off the boundary when the siren went with big claps!!

Very " unbiased " commentary from the Great Jack Edwards. Young fella's better look him up.

Very " unbiased " commentary from the Great Jack Edwards. Young fella's better look him up.

Meanwhile Peter McKenna was 'pro-North' (massive closet supporter!!)

Thanks for that, but need to ask where's the 77 Prelim? Probably our greatest win in the history of our club. Yes flags are better.

Probably wasn't filmed, come to think about it.

Been to alot of games since 1962 Oddball. '77 prelim for me beats them all. Massive underdogs. Snake on fire. Don't think l have ever seen an opposition team and their supporters so " stunned " at a result. :D

I dunno about you Marstermind, but when McKernan took that ball out of the ruck, took off and kicked a goal from outside 50 in the 3rd quarter, right then I was like:

there-is-still-a-chance-thumb.jpg

Then again, I'm yet to see a 10 goal margin I didn't think we could haul in. Even 10 minutes after the final siren I'm still thinking that.

ha ha good one.

Same here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back