Foxtel Cup 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFL is strong these days, this game is a good example as Morningside are currently wooden spoon favourites.

They should say "Goodbye"... they face Port Melbourne next :D

If South go in close to full strength and Port rest a few then you have to give them a chance.

Good day for Queensland footy yesterday with their under 18's knocking off WA for the first time. Perhaps this is the Lions of 01-03 starting to flow through to grass roots.

If Port were serious about competing then they shouldn't have rested players. The danger of disrespecting your opponents no matter where they sit on the ladder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

South resting a few namely Liddle (maybe Magarey Medal favourite), Ainger (leading goalkicker), Houlihan and Bass. McKernan picked by Crows and Carlile held out by Power I guess.
Port Melbourne resting any ?

South resting a few namely Liddle (maybe Magarey Medal favourite), Ainger (leading goalkicker), Houlihan and Bass. McKernan picked by Crows and Carlile held out by Power I guess.
Port Melbourne resting any ?

Port is resting some of their best. No Baird (captain), Pleming (key defender), Valenti (Dual Liston Trophy winner), Galea (Comp's leading goalkicker) and skipper (no 1. ruckman).

However, there are some key ins, including Bentick, Hinkley (both ex-AFL) and Pinwill (BOG in last year's GF).

Well there's a surprise. I was willing on South but I never expected they would have a chance against the powerhouse Vic side that is Port Melbourne. I'd love to see Central Districts and Norwood in the Foxtel Cup but that would never happen!

Possibly. One story has suggested leagues outside SANFL, VFL and WAFL may have to play qualifying games. One would think top 2 NEAFL and top 2 Tassie would be the logical choices to fight it out for remaining 2 places. Maybe mix in Sydney AFL premiers - but I kinda figured that league has been relegated further down the pecking order given the best NSW sides all play NEAFL now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back