Foxtel Cup 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Norwood have lived up to their promise, with widespread changes to their side from the one that defeated South on Saturday night.

you mean by making the same number of changes to their side that east fremantle have made? (8).

Yeah unfortunately as both teams played on the weekend the quality of this match will be compromised.

Norwood's side is a mix of regular league players (a few with AFL list experience), a few with a handful of league games and the rest are regular reserves players. With a fairly lengthy injury list and numerous players being rested, this a big test of depth.

Hopefully we can scrape through and have a few more fit players available next round.

I was looking forward to Norwood taking this comp seriously. What's the point in participating if you're going to play a half-assed compromised team? Just makes a mockery of it. We want to see the best clubs from around the country competing, not their bloody reserves sides. Do it properly or don't do it at all.

Look I havent been a fan of the way the top SANFL clubs have treated the comp in the past, but in this instance they are justified. 3 day break? They were told matches would be played on their byes apparently.
Exactly. I'm not sure how we arrived at this arrangement, but it's pretty poor.
Playing the Monday or Tuesday after the bye weekend or the Thursday before it would have been a better arrangement.

Here's the teams for tonight:

R1: Norwood v East Fremantle

NORWOOD
Backs: Gavin Hughes Ben Jefferies Andrew Kirwan
Half Backs: Darren Pfeiffer Kristian Roocke Michael Ialeggio
Centres: Tullio DeMatteis Craig Evans Luke Wilson
Half Forwards: Josh Donohue Liam Davis Kane Murphy
Forwards: Orazio Fantasia Matthew Panos Mark Evans
Followers: Patrick Levicki Ed Smart Peter Bampton
Interchange: Trent Dumont Peter Persinos Matt Fuller
Interchange: Simon Phillips
Emergencies: Alex Georgiou Steve Baldasso Alex McKay

EAST FREMANTLE
Backs: Thomas Hooker Matthew Jupp Cameron Crisafio
Half Backs: Andrew Stephen Tom Howlett James Bayliss
Centres: Scott Hancock Mark McGough Sean Henson
Half Forwards: Mitch Boyle Fraser McDougall Ryan Lester-Smith
Forwards: Samuel Read Adrian Ricciardello James Depane
Followers: Cameron Symonds Richard Hadley Rory O'Brien
Interchange: Louis Cronan Godfrey Curley Aidan Tropiano
Interchange: Scott Jansen
Emergencies: Kurt Tropiano

http://www.afl.com.au/fixture/foxtelcup/teams

I was looking forward to Norwood taking this comp seriously. What's the point in participating if you're going to play a half-assed compromised team? Just makes a mockery of it. We want to see the best clubs from around the country competing, not their bloody reserves sides. Do it properly or don't do it at all.
Is it just a risk that playing mid-week would always bring?

But Norwood have known since early December (when the SANFL draw was released) that this was going to happen - in fact they requested the short turnaround.
That's what's been reported and if true, a strange decision that left Nathan Bassett unhappy and left others puzzled over the past week.
Still it's the same for both sides tonight and looking at the semi final date, the same short turnaround would happen again (for Norwood at least).
The main point is that with the number of players rested/missing from both sides, the quality will be down and the comp open to more ridicule.

wow that's a half assed Norwood side...

where's warren, zorzi, suckling, Mguiness, Dawe etc etc

agree with exit..take it seriously it would be a lot more interesting..having said that how are they expected to play in Saturday then Tuesday

wow that's a half assed Norwood side...

where's warren, zorzi, suckling, Mguiness, Dawe etc etc

agree with exit..take it seriously it would be a lot more interesting..having said that how are they expected to play in Saturday then Tuesday
Bassett said he'd rest a bunch of players and he has.
I can understand Warren, Zorzi and McGuiness, but I think Suckling, Dawe and possibly a few other younger players could've played.

With baulderstone out for another month, dawe is Norwoods only experienced ruck. Why play him twice in 4 days?

I like us copping s**t in this regard. Being the hunted and detecting other's jealousy is a nice feeling for a change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4 or 5 lads making their "league" debuts tonight, quite a few regulars missing. Look forward to see how we do without the AFL lads.

Who's #50 for Norwood? Like the look of him.

East Fremantle hit back pretty hard there in the 2nd qtr and we struggled a bit with bad fumbles and leaky defence.
Looks like anyone's game, hopefully Phillips is too badly hurt after that crazy leap.

can somebody please give me a score update, dont have foxtel/austar so am in the dark til the highlights come online

Since qtr time EF have been the better side, no doubt.
Ruck and clearance advantage, slightly better smarts and skills.
We'll have to take our chances to win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back