Foxtel Cup 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Foxtel Cup has potential, but just wish they would increase the prize money so sides put in their full strength teams.

s**t form by norwood...was looking forward to watching them on tv going along way in this comp against other sides in oz

disappointed they didn't take it seriously. if ur not gona try win the comp why even go in it and let interstate supporters down

shattered and pissed off.

well done to east freo... respect clubs that want to win everything

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 3 day break seems strange.

The VFL has arranged for Port Melbourne (and I think Werribee) to have the bye before our Tuesday night Foxtel Cup match, then our next VFL game to be played on the Sunday.

Word is we'll be putting a close to full strength side on the park. Reason is, players like Valenti, Pinwill, Sandilands, Pitt, Hughes, Batsanis, etc... and missed a fair bit (if not all) of the opening third of the season and it's being seen as a chance for them to get some much needed game time.

I'll feel sorry for West Adelaide if they don't bring one of their better line ups to the 'G on June 11.

that was the way bassett envisaged the programming, but there was obviously a communication breakdown somewhere. how's batsi going after running back home a year early?

will be interesting to see how westies flood back on the wide mcg.

shattered is a strong word to use when describing a foxtel cup loss.

it is... but its the way i feel... as i stated i was looking forward to seeing norwood go up against the best and maybe even seeing them at the MCG etc etc

It irks me that the club I support doesn't want to win...EVERYTHING

all the BS about it interfering with the local camp..doesn't seem to effect champion clubs like Claremont that win Foxtel and the premiership in the same year.

After choking through the first few paragraphs, it was clear Graham Cornes didn't watch the game and wrote that article by meerly looking at the final score.

While he went all guns blazing about how Norwood fielded a second string team, the same could be said about East Fremantle too - both sides had about 8 changes from the sides that played in the SANFL/WAFL last week.

Then the best part - saying Centrals drop down the ladder is a result of not participating in the Foxtel Cup.

Cornes is now an irrelevant dinosaur (even more so since he 'left' 5AA), and the sooner The Advertiser and Channel 7 put him out to pasture the better.

ha. cornes has embarrassed himself (moreso than he usually does).

he hasn't been relevant since his was fired by the AFC 19 years ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back