August 6, 2013 (Tonight)
AAMI Stadium
8.00pm ACST

BROADCAST
Fox Footy
8.30pm AEST

TEAMS

WEST ADELAIDE
B: Kurt Thompson (31), Joel Tippett (12), Daniel Caire (13)
HB: Brad Mangan (43), Adam Hartlett (7), Aaron Anderson (42)
C: Nick Homburg (30), Chris Schmidt (5), Taite Silverlock (4)
HF: Matthew Rankine (21), Ryan Ferguson (27), Chris Bonney (29)
F: Jon Beech (14), Michael Still (17), Shane Birss (3)
R: Peter Nelson (33), Ben Macreadie (10), Travis Tuck (18)
INT: Josh Schiller (34), Tom Keough (20), Daniel Webb (26), Aaron Fielke (9)
EMG: Tom Schott (39), Dean Poynton (25), Brad Kirk (35)

EAST FREMANTLE
B: James Bayliss (35), Tom Howlett (29), Samuel Read (9)
HB: Jayden Schofield (13), Steven Dodd (8), Andrew Stephen (12)
C: Brett Peake (7), Mark McGough (1), Mitchell Boyle (14)
HF: Godfrey Curley (26), Jack Perham (6), Sean Henson (5)
F: James Depane (30), Rob Young (23), Louis Cronan (20)
R: Fraser MacDougall (28), Aidan Tropiano (3), Rory O’Brien (4)
INT: Brad Cooper (32), Cameron Symonds (15), Scott Hancock (16), Scott Jansen (10)
EMG: Adrian Ricciardello (33), Tom Hooker (11), Kieran King (25)

Quarter Time. West Adelaide 1.2.8 lead EFFC 0.3.3

Terrible quality football for the first quarter.

Disposals:
WA: Silverlock, Schmidt (6), Macreadie (5)
EF: Peake (8), Dodd, Bayliss (7)

Goals:
WA: Still
EF: -

Half Time

West Adelaide look clean with the ball, winning hitouts, leaving corridor open for tall forwards to lead in to. East Fremantle struggling to string clean passages of football together, defenders constantly being left behind, small forwards creating congestion in their fwd 50. Really missing Lester-Smith.

West Adelaide 4.5.29 lead EFFC 0.4.4

Disposals
WA: Schmidt, Silverlock (12), Mangan (10), Schiller (9), Birss (8)
EF: Peake, O'Brien (12), Bayliss, Dodd, Boyle (10)

Goals
WA: Beech (2), Still, Silverlock

Injuries
EF: Tropiano - gash above left eye. Down to rooms in 2nd quarter. Cooper - limping around field in second quarter
WA: None

3 Qtr Time

West Adelaide 4.7.31 lead EFFC 1.10.16

Yep...the 1.10 says it all. 7 to 2 scoring shots this quarter in favour of East Fremantle.

Disposals
WA: Schmidt (18), Mangan (17), Silverlock (15)

Goals
WA: Beech (2), Silverlock, Still
EF: Hancock

Wests wouldn't be in this game if East Freo could kick straight. Wests run and spread has been great. Dear lord another behind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Final Score

West Adelaide 1.2 | 4.5 | 4.7 | 4.8.32
East Fremantle 0.3 | 0.4 | 1.10 | 2.16.28

Disposals
WA: -

Goals
WA: Beech (2), Silverlock, Still
EF: Hancock, Stephen

Absolutely disgusting.

You're always going to get games like that when you get wet (dewy) conditions, and players that are of a standard below what is televised week in, week out. Doesn't take away from the excitement of the contest.

I was riding the bumps as one of the Shark players I've known since I was 6 and I know it was a pretty big thing for their players.

I would like to stress that this is not the usual standard/quality of SANFL or WAFL football.

Many shockers of matches in the Foxtel Cup this season - ok the Norwood v East Fremantle and East Fremantle v Werribee matches were played in horrendous conditions but there wasn't really any excuse for the poor quality of the West v Claremont match and tonight's match.

I would like to stress that this is not the usual standard/quality of SANFL or WAFL football.

Many shockers of matches in the Foxtel Cup this season - ok the Norwood v East Fremantle and East Fremantle v Werribee matches were played in horrendous conditions but there wasn't really any excuse for the poor quality of the West v Claremont match and tonight's match.

Is it because the various teams are understrength and/or don't take it seriously? I imagine that for WA/SA/Vic supporters this comp is about bragging rights as to which is the best state league. For us Qld-based supporters its to see how well our top teams fare against the best teams from WA/SA/Vic (honestly, a gutsy loss is happily accepted!). But if the Foxtel Cup is considered a waste of time by the clubs, what purpose does it serve? Even Southport fielded a greatly depleted lineup, which was a disappointment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back