Frawley & Lake in the same backline

Remove this Banner Ad

Lither is 192cm and potentially still got some filling out. He has speed and athleticism if he gets stronger / better in the contest there is no reason why he can't be KPD, he is 4cm taller than Gibbo....

So is Birchall - in fact he is 5cm taller.

I want Lake - love him. And if Sydney are still our biggest threat he is perfect for Tippett. If it is Geelong he is perfect for Clark. Freo he can deal with Pav. Port he can watch.

Of course they can.

Lake - FB
Frawley - CHB
Gibson - Floating back. Gibson can play as a rebounding defender also.
Stratton - Mid sized defender. Can play tall and small.

Frawley will simply replace Spangher from our GF 22. Frawley can also play as the swingman if there a no match ups.

Spang out, Frawley in. Frawley is much more versatile than Spang. Can play on smaller opponents as well as talls.

This is how I see it panning out if we get Frawley.

Then Lake goes out and possibly Schoey (??) comes back in? Or Brand has developed or we somehow convince Daniel Talia that playing at Adelaide sucks.

This is how I see it panning out if we get Frawley.

Then Lake goes out and possibly Schoey (??) comes back in? Or Brand has developed or we somehow convince Daniel Talia that playing at Adelaide sucks.
Oh I'm sure he's well aware playing at Adelaide sucks - it's convincing Adelaide to trade him our way for a 3rd Rounder that's difficult...

After having watched the 2013 & 2014 Grand finals in full for the umpteenth time, then I'd say we'd have to be crazy to be rid of Lake!....In the first quarter against the Swans it was Lake who led the way with his aggression towards the man & ball!....For a bloke of his size he covers the ground magnificently, is clean with the ball, has lost none of his pace/reaction time & reads it in the air better than anyone....We must hold onto him for another year, even if it's only for 10 games, which includes the finals where he is a MUST!

As for Frawley????....I'm conflicted!....Overrated & Over-priced!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe pushes Spangher out. Surely can't play Lake, Gibbo, Frawley, Stratton and Spangher?

Spangher, whilst being the good news story of 2014, is by no means a lock in the squad. I would say its very likely and maybe even probably that Frawley or Litherland takes his spot. If we get pre-ACL Shoey back also he may even take his spot.

Lake and Frawley could absolutely play in the same backline if we got him
I don't see Chip being the end of Lake, if this year taught us anything its depth for KP stocks is essential

Getting Frawley doesn't help us against Port who I suspect are the next genuine threats. They're smalls are brilliant, more dynamic and diverse than any other forward line in the comp!

Litherland seems to be too much of a Stratton-type, negating a smaller forward target, possibly need him to add more to his marking/intercept game to slowly take over Gibson's role.

If Frawley comes then he'll be a replacement for Lake, but next year he'd take Spangher's spot (going by GF) at least assuming Lake plays on. Then you could see Litherland competing with Spangher for that role in the backline, unless he takes that Goo-esque role down back, which case he's competing with Duryea.

With Lake:
Stratton-Lake-Gibson
Suckling-Frawley-Birchall
B: Duryea E: Spangher

Sans Lake:
Stratton-Frawley-Duryea
Suckling-Gibson-Birchall
B: Spangher E: Litherland

I think Duryea could play midfield going on his grand final when he came on he racked them up I know we were killing them and it was junk time in the Qtr but I though he played well

Getting Frawley doesn't help us against Port who I suspect are the next genuine threats. They're smalls are brilliant, more dynamic and diverse than any other forward line in the comp!
he takes Shultz
you give Lake a rest that week and bring in Litherland

If Frawley comes ....why wouldn't you give him a year with one of the best defenders that has gone around in the last 10 years to further learn his craft..be it Lakes legacy or whatever..
I am sure Frawley can learn crap loads of Lake or playing along side him

Lakes efforts in the GF show he is not done yet and those that think he has served his purpose and dispensable is disrespectful of a guy that has been a major reason we go back to back

We definitely need a quality small defender with speed & grunt....It's our one Achilles heel....Josh Glenn from Central Districts would be the ideal draft pick to fix this area IMO....He is 21 & has been playing high quality senior football for 2 seasons now!

Shultz kicked what, 1.2 on him?

How'd we go against Shultz in round 10?

He also had 20 disposals and 8 marks as a hit up target, which then left space behind him in our back 50 for those little maggots to run in to.

Spoil the hit up, they don't retain possession. Poor Lake was left lagging behind just couldn't keep up.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back