List Mgmt. Free Agency 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this on the Adelaide board and thought the first bit might be of interest. Of course no idea if it's true or not

Not the news that everyone wants to hear but I have heard from a very reliable source that Gibbs is on his way to port at years end. Mark this down as it is a done deal! My friend works at visy in Victoria and has some inside knowledge on this. Also interestingly, David Mundy will be playing for hawthorn next year.

You guys can believe this or not I don't care, take it as you like but I know its very reliable.

Is it wrong that for the first time I'm actually seeing how losing Gibbs for a 1st round pick could be beneficial long term?

Is it wrong that for the first time I'm actually seeing how losing Gibbs for a 1st round pick could be beneficial long term?
No not wrong.
I want him to stay, but I dont think it would have a net negative effect on the team if he goes, and this is also not based on last night's performance. I just think that in the cold light of day, he's probably replaceable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you were rating his value on last night's effort, 2 first round picks would seem a dream/dreamer's return.

No one will ever get 2 picks for 1 player. I think people mean we'll get 1 first round pick like normal & we will get another for gibbs because Adelaide/Port/whoever would have to offer more than he is on now to get him which would be 650+. We'll get what Collingwood got for Daisy. And the lower we finish the better the pick will be. IF he leaves.

No one will ever get 2 picks for 1 player. I think people mean we'll get 1 first round pick like normal & we will get another for gibbs because Adelaide/Port/whoever would have to offer more than he is on now to get him which would be 650+. We'll get what Collingwood got for Daisy. And the lower we finish the better the pick will be. IF he leaves.

1st round for Gibbs sounds good if he leaves. I think he is far better then what he showed last night though.

Alternatively, I wouldn't mind us going all out to get Frawley somehow - maybe a 3 way with an Adelaide club and Melbourne. Get it done Swanny.

Yeah I meant our initial pick plus the compo....

Matthew Lloyd reckons Bryce Gibbs not worth $700,000

Essendon great Matthew Lloyd says Bryce Gibbs is not in the class of a Patrick Dangerfield or Joel Selwood, as Carlton confirmed its board of directors would not make a pitch to the talented midfielder.

Gibbs is off contract this season but has not followed the lead of skipper Marc Murphy, Kade Simpson or Andrew Walker in re-signing early in the year.

The Blues could offer Gibbs, 25, long-term security with a four or five-year deal. Industry sources believe he is worth about $600,000 a season. Lloyd said on Saturday Gibbs was not worth more than that.

Matthew Lloyd reckons Bryce Gibbs not worth $700,000

Good to know Jamo will be done soon.

Gibbs wants to play games - can't imagine that going down well with the other blokes who have signed.

There are 3 articles about Gibbs in the Sunday papers. 2 in the Age & 1 in the Sun. It's only round 2. Blehhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back