List Mgmt. Free Agency 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree 110% but they also wouldn't be wanting as much coin as Yazz
My concern is why are we even trying to keep Robbo. He's one of my first on the trade table. Whereas Yarran is probably one of my untouchables.

My concern is why are we even trying to keep Robbo. He's one of my first on the trade table. Whereas Yarran is probably one of my untouchables.

What would we get in return for Robbo though? Better off keeping him purely for his hardness than trading him for an unknown pick 50+.

I guess the club think both Gibbs and Yazz are untouchable, but Gibbs is a higher priority.

• My word if this true then this club that I love really is unprofessional.
Is there any way we can get a statement from the Club about this?

The person who told me is close to Yazz. He seemed pretty genuine because he was extremely disappointed. Because of how the club are behaving, he's told Yazz to go but Yazz said he wants to stay but Gibbs can "get ******". His words

Thanks for the update BB. I have no confidence that Carlton actually knows what it is doing. Maybe time for a new Board not just a new President.

The person who told me is close to Yazz. He seemed pretty genuine because he was extremely disappointed. Because of how the club are behaving, he's told Yazz to go but Yazz said he wants to stay but Gibbs can "get ******". His words
This might go some way to explaining Garlett's 'unwillingness' to shepherd for Gibbs in the last...

Are the boys really 'UNITED' or has the club recognised a problem and are trying to conjure a solution (read: bandaid)?

• My word if this true then this club that I love really is unprofessional.
Is there any way we can get a statement from the Club about this?
Bit of an over-reaction. All the contracts will be done in time and knocked off one by one. We even re-signed Walker and Simpson before Gibbs and Yarran. Yarran is as important as the first two.
My concern is why are we even trying to keep Robbo. He's one of my first on the trade table.
See the quote by "The Secret Footballer" in Robinson's thread on the buddy board. Opposition players love Robinson's intent. A harshly rated player who has heart and gives it everything shouldn't be shown the door. Every side has these types in their 22. I guess we'd be winning if we had a Blair, Puopolo or Sam Dwyer. :rolleyes:

With 18 clubs in the AFL, there isn't a lot of talent to go around. Can't throw them out the door and bring in a similar player. Or the 31st player like Mick said in his press conference.

This might go some way to explaining Garlett's 'unwillingness' to shepherd for Gibbs in the last...

Are the boys really 'UNITED' or has the club recognised a problem and are trying to conjure a solution (read: bandaid)?
If this is true then the solution is easy. Drop Gibbs.

That really got my angry when Jeffy didn't really put the shepherd on. Luckily Gibbs kicked the goal anyway. The moment it happened I instantly thought of Dennis Armfield, and his effort to shepherd for Yaz against WCE last year. If that had of been Army on Friday, Gibbs could have strolled all the way from 50 to the goal line if he wanted. Piss weak effort by Jeff.

Jeffy was one of my favourite players in 2011... some of his efforts in the last 12 months though have just had me tearing my hair out. Obviously those 2 weeks in the VFL wasn't a big enough kick up the arse.

Bit of an over-reaction. All the contracts will be done in time and knocked off one by one. We even re-signed Walker and Simpson before Gibbs and Yarran. Yarran is as important as the first two.
My reaction is certainly not an over-reaction. It is completely unprofessional to place Yarran's contract on hold until they sort out Gibbs. It is amateur hour from a Club that is fast becoming an expert.

Yarran is one of the few footballers at the Club that has an X factor. Gibbs does not have this (I wish he did because he is one of my favourites but I have been waiting since 2007 and it hasn't happened yet). Yarran is much more important. I agree that Yarran is as important as Walker and Simpson. He is also more important, IMO, than Gibbs.

Agree 110% but they also wouldn't be wanting as much coin as Yazz

So we cut Bell and Robbo, and pay more to Yaz. How much did we miss his run on Friday night.
Really hope the club haven't done the wrong thing by him - he's fast becoming one of our most important players.

So we cut Bell and Robbo, and pay more to Yaz. How much did we miss his run on Friday night.
Really hope the club haven't done the wrong thing by him - he's fast becoming one of our most important players.
I hope we don't cut Bell or Robbo.

Bell is improving by leaps and bounds.

Robbo is just all heart. Teams need players like Robbo and when he lowers his eyes and thinks he is a very good player.

Robbo is just all heart. Teams need players like Robbo and when he lowers his eyes and thinks he is a very good player.
:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably didn't explain that quite the right way.
Surely the club would be doing everything they can to keep Yarran at the club.
Whatever the current status is of Gibbs' contract discussions, surely Yaz must be the next one in line to tie up.
I would have thought Bell & Robbo would come after he is locked away.

If its leaps and bounds its a frog rather than a kangaroo. He is trying hard, working hard, but its slow going. I know he excites a lot of people but the fact that he is off the rookie list and a best 22 players says more about our list than his current state of development in my eyes.

Wouldn't surprise me if Yaz said that Gibbs can get ******. It seems to be the sentiment amongst a large group of our players...
This doesn't thrill me MEB. Last thing we need is to piss off a large portion of players who are uncontracted.

a bird in the hand is worth .....

if yarran wants to sign why would you not give him an offer ... as others have said his form may fluctuate but he has an x factor and hopefully with more experience the consistency will come.

as for gibbs if he does not want to commit now ... start to plan without him .... i think we would be better off with the comp pick and extra salary cap room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back