List Mgmt. Free Agency 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The prosecution rests your honour !!
Just saying he has 'owned' plenty of people in his time with us, that's what gives the illusion that he is a fantastic player. Not many players with his mix of injury and stupidity would be considered to move on to another club at the age of 31, that shows he can offer plenty.

He hasn't "owned" anyone over his whole career so it's highly unlikely it will start happening now. Unless of course you are expecting him to treat us to his annual three Brownlow votes belter that makes naïve people believe he plays like every week.
Waite has owned plenty of quality backs
Carlisle first time round last year
Rance in the EF
Thompson last game.
Just off the top of my head. While he is inconsistent his best is every good.

I think some of these comments towards Waite are embarrasing.

I think some of the games Waite has played has been more embarrassing. I'll even throw in his lack of on-field leadership (exhibit A - getting reported for headbutting on a return to the seniors) and he is the ultimate in frustration packages. Capable of delivering ten times more than what we has put up and will always be remembered as a "what if".

Waite owes the club nothing, and we in turn owe him nothing.

I would stick to our guns, and place a one year offer in front of him (incentive based).

If he wants to venture elsewhere and head to North Melbourne for better financial security, no hard feelings.

It's a win/win for both parties.

It would be like being in a long-term relationship with an unreliable partner, that you know is on the verge of ending and electing to "give it one last shot".

Waite owes the club nothing, and we in turn owe him nothing.

I would stick to our guns, and place a one year offer in front of him (incentive based).

If he wants to venture elsewhere and head to North Melbourne for better financial security, no hard feelings.
It's a win/win for both parties.
It would be like being in a long-term relationship with an unreliable partner, that you know is on the verge of ending and electing to "give it one last shot".

Off topic but how exactly does an incentive based contract work in relation to the TPP?

I guess you'd have to factor in for the maximum and then not pay out where key indicators aren't achieved.

So North can go out and openly poach players because as a Free Agent Waite is out of contract at the end of the year??? Splitting hairs a bit.

Not really sure how the compo pick works, but if he's playing decent footy at the end of the year (as he always does) and he does go, who determines his value in regards to a compo?????

So North can go out and openly poach players because as a Free Agent Waite is out of contract at the end of the year??? Splitting hairs a bit.

Not really sure how the compo pick works, but if he's playing decent footy at the end of the year (as he always does) and he does go, who determines his value in regards to a compo?????
They spin the wheel and throw darts at it, all while standing on a greased up pig running on a treadmill.

Its scientific.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't the argument that Mick didn't rate him? Wouldn't Bell being re-signed but others not highlight he's not as disregarded as you believe? :p

No, I said he makes the same errors all the time, takes on more than one tackler and gets caught OR he keeps taking the wrong delivery option.

Will that ever be improved upon, time will tell.

We are getting off-topic here so I'll keep watching him as I'm sure you will too.

2 year contracts are fairly standard. In the case of Bell, he hasn't cemented a spot in the 22 but at the same time retirements of Judd, Carrazzo and McLean in the next 14 months loom large.

Signing a player 12 months beyond the coach's tenure (Mick 2015, Tom 2016) gives the incoming coach a good look at the entire playing list. e.g. Ellard survives under Malthouse but was on the outer with Ratts.

Pure Footy with David King and Glenn Luff

"They've been held to ransom to re-sign them on elevated figures, Bryce Gibbs-style." David King.

"The impact of Bryce Gibbs and that contract. This is not a go at Bryce or the Carlton Football Club, but Bryce has signed on a long term deal for mega-bucks. Whatever it is, the exact number I'm not sure on. That will impact their ability to either keep a star or bring one in." David King.

We could have used our cap space to get a star like Gibbs. :rolleyes:

Love the morons in the media who whack us for losing Jacobs and keeping Gibbs. :):drunk:

Pure Footy with David King and Glenn Luff

"They've been held to ransom to re-sign them on elevated figures, Bryce Gibbs-style." David King.

"The impact of Bryce Gibbs and that contract. This is not a go at Bryce or the Carlton Football Club, but Bryce has signed on a long term deal for mega-bucks. Whatever it is, the exact number I'm not sure on. That will impact their ability to either keep a star or bring one in." David King.

We could have used our cap space to get a star like Gibbs. :rolleyes:

Love the morons in the media who whack us for losing Jacobs and keeping Gibbs. :):drunk:

Seriously, Davids King is one of the greatest *******s that god blew breath into. What utter tripe to suggest we were held to ransom in re signing Gibbs. Fancy that, a club signing up one of it's star players to a long term contract...who would have thunk it??

500 to 600k for our best mid seems to be closer to unders then overs in my opinion.

To be honest I feel like King doesn't even know what our players are getting paid and he is just talking out of his arse to put pressure on Carlton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back