Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy_Mac

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 24, 2009
Torquay
AFL Club
Melbourne
I couldn't find a thread on this specifically, but I wanted to discuss Free Agents to target, rather than who's getting picked off from our club (mods please merge is I've missed it).

If Chip goes then I don't want us to target a free agent, rather maximise the compo. But if he stays, with the cap space we have, and what's free now from Clark retiring I'd like us to throw a kings ransom at Nat Fyfe. Whilst his foot skill at times are questionable, he is elite in every other way.

Danger>>Fyfe

Id take either but the if we are throwing around Kings ransoms, id rather keep the cash on ice this year and go all in on Patty next year.

I just think his match winning abilities are unbelievable. No knock on Fyfe but Danger, he is on a whole new level.

Rosa and Goldstien are 2 I reckon we should have a crack at.

Also Mundy wouldn't hurt for a year or 2.

Id rather we keep Crossy for another year and Pass on Mundy, Hes a good player but he will be 30 I think by the time we get him

If Frawley decides to leave id rather we didnt take any free agents and just kept the extra first round pick we would get
If he stays then by all means go hard in FA for anyone who can use the footy well

Id rather we keep Crossy for another year and Pass on Mundy, Hes a good player but he will be 30 I think by the time we get him

If Frawley decides to leave id rather we didnt take any free agents and just kept the extra first round pick we would get
If he stays then by all means go hard in FA for anyone who can use the footy well
If chip goes, I'd like us to offer the compo to the Bombers for Carlisle and there first pick when ever that is.

If chip goes, I'd like us to offer the compo to the Bombers for Carlisle and there first pick when ever that is.

The bombers will say get ****ed

That would be pick say 6 for Carlisle and pick say 12
No way does that happen
In fact I cant see why the bombers would let Carlisle go

Dangerfield isn't going anywhere. Fyfe would require us to not only hand Freo a Judd-like deal but also probably pay him $1m a season to persuade him to move, and even then I don't see it happening.

The bombers will say get ******

No way does that happen
Carlisle has been dreadful this season. At this stage that trade is probably a win for Essendon. Though I'm pretty certain their first rounder will be in the top 10. I'd rather go to the draft and back us to turn someone like Goddard or Durdin into a quality replacement for Chip.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the AFL website, dated in March. I've removed Jamison, Leigh Adams, Hansen, Kade Simpson and Hurn who have signed new deals. I've also highlighted the guys in red who are fairly safe to say will sign new 1 year deals or retire.

Restricted Free Agents

David Mackay (Adelaide Crows); Bryce Gibbs (Carlton); Ben Reid (Collingwood); Heath Hocking (Essendon); David Mundy (Fremantle); Todd Goldstein (North Melbourne); Shaun Higgins (Western Bulldogs).

Unrestricted Free Agents

Jason Porplyzia, Ben Rutten (Adelaide Crows); Jonathan Brown, Ash McGrath (Brisbane Lions); Jarrad Waite (Carlton); Nick Maxwell, Tyson Goldsack (Collingwood); Dustin Fletcher, Leroy Jetta, Jason Winderlich (Essendon); Garrick Ibbotson, Luke McPharlin, Matthew Pavlich (Fremantle); Corey Enright, James Kelly (Geelong Cats); Brad Sewell (Hawthorn); James Frawley, Lynden Dunn (Melbourne); Michael Firrito, Brent Harvey (North Melbourne); Domenic Cassisi, Kane Cornes, Tom Logan, Paul Stewart (Port Adelaide); Shane Edwards, Jake King, Chris Newman (Richmond); Sam Fisher, Jarryn Geary, James Gwilt, Lenny Hayes, Clint Jones (St Kilda); Adam Goodes, Nick Malceski, Ryan O’Keefe, Lewis Roberts-Thomson (Sydney Swans); Sam Butler, Dean Cox, Darren Glass, Matt Rosa (West Coast); Matthew Boyd, Daniel Giansiracusa, Dale Morris, Robert Murphy, Tom Williams (Western Bulldogs).

I'd rather we ignored the older players (unless Cross or another veteran surprisingly retires at the end of the season).

Restricted FAs worth looking at: Mackay, Reid, Goldstein and Higgins... a bit of injury history with a couple of them, but they're still relatively young and decent players. Can't see Gibbs coming here so I left him off. If Mundy decides to leave Freo, it'll be for one of the other Melbourne teams with a Premiership sniff.

Unrestricted FAs worth considering: Goldsack, Ibbotson, Rosa? Might be worth sticking a one year deal under Sewell's nose, but I don't think the guys there are a whole lot better than the players we already have.

From the AFL website, dated in March. I've removed Jamison, Leigh Adams, Hansen, Kade Simpson and Hurn who have signed new deals. I've also highlighted the guys in red who are fairly safe to say will sign new 1 year deals or retire.

Restricted Free Agents

David Mackay (Adelaide Crows); Bryce Gibbs (Carlton); Ben Reid (Collingwood); Heath Hocking (Essendon); David Mundy (Fremantle); Todd Goldstein (North Melbourne); Shaun Higgins (Western Bulldogs).

Unrestricted Free Agents

Jason Porplyzia, Ben Rutten (Adelaide Crows); Jonathan Brown, Ash McGrath (Brisbane Lions); Jarrad Waite (Carlton); Nick Maxwell, Tyson Goldsack (Collingwood); Dustin Fletcher, Leroy Jetta, Jason Winderlich (Essendon); Garrick Ibbotson, Luke McPharlin, Matthew Pavlich (Fremantle); Corey Enright, James Kelly (Geelong Cats); Brad Sewell (Hawthorn); James Frawley, Lynden Dunn (Melbourne); Michael Firrito, Brent Harvey (North Melbourne); Domenic Cassisi, Kane Cornes, Tom Logan, Paul Stewart (Port Adelaide); Shane Edwards, Jake King, Chris Newman (Richmond); Sam Fisher, Jarryn Geary, James Gwilt, Lenny Hayes, Clint Jones (St Kilda); Adam Goodes, Nick Malceski, Ryan O’Keefe, Lewis Roberts-Thomson (Sydney Swans); Sam Butler, Dean Cox, Darren Glass, Matt Rosa (West Coast); Matthew Boyd, Daniel Giansiracusa, Dale Morris, Robert Murphy, Tom Williams (Western Bulldogs).

I'd rather we ignored the older players (unless Cross or another veteran surprisingly retires at the end of the season).

Restricted FAs worth looking at: Mackay, Reid, Goldstein and Higgins... a bit of injury history with a couple of them, but they're still relatively young and decent players. Can't see Gibbs coming here so I left him off. If Mundy decides to leave Freo, it'll be for one of the other Melbourne teams with a Premiership sniff.

Unrestricted FAs worth considering: Goldsack, Ibbotson, Rosa? Might be worth sticking a one year deal under Sewell's nose, but I don't think the guys there are a whole lot better than the players we already have.

Rosa and Paul Stewart (who cant get a game but can play) are the ones i like in unrestricted.

Ben Reid signed recently i think?

David Mackay would have to be the one, Went after him in the trade period and now we can throw some good coin at him
Tall Midfielder with some good wheels and is right in the prime age

Make it happen Dees

Waste of money IMO, way too inconsistent. Dont think he is as tall as you say either.

EDIT: 181cm, lol, hardly tall.

Waste of money IMO, way too inconsistent. Dont think he is as tall as you say either.

EDIT: 181cm, lol, hardly tall.

Also has the hamstrings of a 45 year old. We could do with his zip but there's not a lot of point throwing money at a bloke to spend 3/4 of a season on the physio's bench.

Neeld offered him a big deal (mackay) and he rejected

With roos on deck who knows?

Has pace and class, and was a dees supporter growing up (I know, I know)

Fyfe, forget, he ain't leaving WA

danger will go to cats next year

I'd personally prefer we keep frawley compo to trade in another Tyson / Salem type deal, if he leaves, which most of us probably think he will

The bombers will say get ******

No way does that happen
Because they are bared from the first round on account of bringing the game into disrepute. Without a pick in round one this year it will be two years without a first round selection. We should exploit it in the same way we exploited Adelaide with Bernie Vince.

Because they are bared from the first round on account of bringing the game into disrepute. Without a pick in round one this year it will be two years without a first round selection. We should exploit it in the same way we exploited Adelaide with Bernie Vince.
Would be an amazing coup, How often do you lose an AA CHB and replace him with a younger one

Would be an amazing coup, How often do you lose an AA CHB and replace him with a younger one
Except Carlisle isn't AA and right now is on the fringe of the Bombers best 22 for one reason or another...

We will finish bottom 2 or 3 so one of the very good KPF are going to be available, and that's what the bombers need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back