Mega Thread 2014 Free Agency and Trade discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the classiest move if it is Boyd. Then again, we shunted McDonald out the side door. The Dogs can certainly cover the loss of Boyd though... unlike us and McDonald.

The McDonald situation was not only bad for the loss of a great leader, it also put Bruce offside, that's a lot of experience out of a team that in retrospect really lacked.

Not the classiest move if it is Boyd. Then again, we shunted McDonald out the side door. The Dogs can certainly cover the loss of Boyd though... unlike us and McDonald.

The McDonald situation was not only bad for the loss of a great leader, it also put Bruce offside, that's a lot of experience out of a team that in retrospect really lacked.

4021242-5893926616-BH8VO.jpg

Because O'Keefe is f***ing finished.

Can people stop with the Ryan O'Keefe recruiting? He's completely done.

Also why are people intent on recruiting every 30+ year old that gets forced out of their club? Clint Jones, Ryan O'Keefe, Matthew Boyd.

No to all of them, we aren't Richmond in recruiting people for shits and giggles.

I wouldn't mind seeing what Carlton want for Jeff Garlett though seeing as he is something we need in the forward line.

They are desperate to get rid of them , Id offer 38 and blease for Garlett and Robinson

Robinsons off field behaviour is way overrated , at the end of the day the bloke attacks the footy as hard as anyone and id take him for cheap

Garlett definently worth a look , would allow kent an JKH to spend more time in the middle

Also why are people intent on recruiting every 30+ year old that gets forced out of their club? Clint Jones, Ryan O'Keefe, Matthew Boyd.

Because anyone over 30 coming to this club would immediately impart a wealth of experience and knowledge on to our callow and youthful spuds, transforming them all into Geelong or Hawthorn players like in your favourite fairy tales. That much is obvious. Arguably this isn't your best game.

They are desperate to get rid of them , Id offer 38 and blease for Garlett and Robinson

Robinsons off field behaviour is way overrated , at the end of the day the bloke attacks the footy as hard as anyone and id take him for cheap

Garlett definently worth a look , would allow kent an JKH to spend more time in the middle

Let's not go crazy, I want no part of Robinson's ugly blockhead.

Because anyone over 30 coming to this club would immediately impart a wealth of experience and knowledge on to our callow and youthful spuds, transforming them all into Geelong or Hawthorn players like in your favourite fairy tales. That much is obvious. Arguably this isn't your best game.

Found one that cuts right to it, HUZZAH!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a bad idea.

Clint Jones, Ryan O'Keefe, Matthew Boyd.
Jones and O'Keefe I don't want. But Boyd on his day is still one of the best midfielders in the competition, and played 19 games this year. Two time AA, three time B&F winner and former captain - he has a lot to give, especially when we've lost Byrnes and Clark and probably Frawley as well.

Jones and O'Keefe I don't want. But Boyd on his day is still one of the best midfielders in the competition, and played 19 games this year. Two time AA, three time B&F winner and former captain - he has a lot to give, especially when we've lost Byrnes and Clark and probably Frawley as well.

............................just a bit of a massive stretch.

We obviously need quality in the middle, but the truth is, we are pretty unlikey to be able to trade in a Fyfe or a Danger - so the draft may be the way to go there.

In the meantime, we need some depth as well - and I would rather 12 months from Boyd than 3 years from Clint Jones that's for sure.

............................just a bit of a massive stretch.
In his last game v us he had 30 odd disposals, and 10 odd tackles and clearances. Would have had about 5 or 6 other games at that standard this year too. That's pretty ******* good.

In his last game v us he had 30 odd disposals, and 10 odd tackles and clearances. Would have had about 5 or 6 other games at that standard this year too. That's pretty ******* good.

Sounds like it was arguably his best game for the club...

No to all of them, we aren't Richmond in recruiting people for shits and giggles.

I wouldn't mind seeing what Carlton want for Jeff Garlett though seeing as he is something we need in the forward line.

I just wanted to post that pic.

O'Keefe and Boyd would come into the side FOR FREE.

ie. instead of drafting a 7th or 8th rounder, Melbourne gets some ready-made bodies for free. Replaces the current 21st and 22nd-best in the side with a 15th-16th best, at no cost...that makes good sense to me.

O'Keefe and Boyd would come into the side FOR FREE.

ie. instead of drafting a 7th or 8th rounder, Melbourne gets some ready-made bodies for free. Replaces the current 21st and 22nd-best in the side with a 15th-16th best, at no cost...that makes good sense to me.

O'Keefe would do what? He did nothing when Sydney gave him a game this year, couldn't get near it.

Better off taking a chance on a younger player.

Boyd while I don't really want I could at least understand but O'Keefe is 100% finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back