List Mgmt. Free agency/trade/draft discussion (READ OP FIRST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mitchell for Henderson or Yarran would be alright.

Pick 7 not bad.

Girlfriend lives in Melbourne and more game time could change a few things

Tommy coming back to Melbourne would not be out of the question under the right conditions for both club & Tom.
But it would have to be winwinwin/win in our favour as we hold all the cards!

Henderson and Yarran are 100% untouchable and this comes from people with sources inside the club. A few names were identified as trade bait for some other big-name players, but not those two and no way in hell would the club trade them for Mitchell.

If you believe what has been reported (which of course can be taken with a grain of salt), Mitchell is seeking to be traded which pretty much devalues the trade from Sydney's perspective, and means the gaining club could get away with paying slightly less than expected.

Considering Mitchell hasn't managed to get a game consistently (injuries noted) and wants to leave, I highly doubt pick 7 will be offered up unless we get Sydney's first round pick back as well. Even then, it's a pretty high pick. Trading players for picks under 10 doesn't happen unless they are outright stars.

My guess would be that our first pick wouldn't be involved, but second rounders (or if we trade in a pick in the teens) would be.

Oh yeah!

Last time I looked, Judd was about to retire!

Oh make no mistake, Tommy is contracted for 2 more years & that gives us the ability to play him in the NEAFL should we so please.

I think we hold the upper hand should we choose to trade him.....................refer to ROK only a few years ago.

Oh yeah!

Last time I looked, Judd was about to retire!

Oh make no mistake, Tommy is contracted for 2 more years & that gives us the ability to play him in the NEAFL should we so please.

I think we hold the upper hand should we choose to trade him.....................refer to ROK only a few years ago.
Not sure what you are implying regarding Judd, sorry.

The vindictive part of us all would like to think we would tell a player with time left on a contract that requested a trade to rot in the magoos, but realistically, clubs can't afford that.

I see it boil down to if Titch requests a trade then:

Titch requests trade
Swans ask for first
Carlton say no
Swans don't deal

Swans interested in player
Titch asks for trade
Swans want first rounder
Carlton say no
Titch not traded unless player is ridiculous
First rounder still asked for.

End of the day if we can't get a player we need, Mitchell is under contract and we can clear other fringe to clear up cap.

If Tom wants a trade to Melbourne, I would think that a number of clubs would be interested. Carlton will be competing with them.
I would be over the moon if Tom came to Tigers and would have no hesitation in coughing up #11 for him.

Ready made mid that slots into best 22 is certainly worth that currency

Well if Mitchell does decide to leave the club he goes to would genuinely have a very, very good inside mid on their hands for the next 10+ years - and not only that he is ready made too. He has already shown at the Swans he is capable of coming in and winning his own ball and getting 20+ possessions amongst the likes of Kennedy, Jack, Hannebery, Parker etc... I would hope based on potential we should get a pick inside top 10. The only question marks would be his body, but i'd say he's not the injury prone type as once his body matures he'll cope with the rigours of being an inside mid pretty well and won't miss large chunks of seasons like he has done.

Maybe the Swans have considered the removal of the sub, which might bring the full time second ruckman to be back in vogue ala 2012.

Maybe they don't want to use Tippett in that role because of his body and Goodes maybe retiring opens up a rotating spot through the forward line.

Ryder and Pyke to switch with Derickx as backup with two developing ruckman plus the International Mitchell.

Just thinking out loud.

Derickx is a travelling emergency. He is destined never to play a game in the NEAFL. He also never played Seniors when both Pyke and Tippett were available. All his games came when at least one was out. He never stunted the development of Naismith, Nankervis or Pmitch by taking any centre bounces off them in the ressies. A true team man, but will often be the designated non-team man when (not) needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id like to keep Membrey but if he wants to leave maybe we could send him to the pies in some sort of deal that gets us Elliott? The kid can play and would be great at the feet of Tippo and Bud.

Something like Membrey and our second for Elliott and their forth?

what happen if N.Mal leaves who takes his spot and who comes in?
Rampe and Rohan will take Shaw and Mals spot. Laidler will come in for 3rd tall. Biggs will be a Rohan type player.

Or Biggs in for Mal. Even McVeigh can (should IMO) go to half back and add Mitchell to the midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back