Game Day Fremantle vs GWS Domain Stadium 2.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What game were you watching? We were fantastic today in every area except goal conversion.

+26 Inside-50's, +8 Marks Inside-50, +30 Contested Posessions, +18 Clearances.

If we had converted all of our opportunities, we win by 50 points against one of the best midfields in the competition.

Most importantly, we are 6 points clear with 5 rounds to go. You just can't please some people.

You obviously

Weller had an amazing passage and entry to Griffin. A lot more impressing than I was expecting. Sheridan was good too. Sick of the same passengers just making up the numbers, would of been a good game to breathe more youth into the team considering their 2-3 best players weren't playing.

What a load of crap, deboer was ok today. Played within his limitations. Weller was good but made a couple of errors for a lack of composure.

Out of curiosity what errors did Weller make? Because I didn't see any and the stats don't have any (0 clangers)?

Out of curiosity what errors did Weller make? Because I didn't see any and the stats don't have any (0 clangers)?
He had one missed handball target that I saw but he took a really strong mark and kicked the ball about 2 inches inside the boundary line to the next mark. Was great.

I sincerely miss the days when I could come on here and have like-minded people to celebrate wins with, and live in hope we would make the finals and this could be the year.

These days, we're winning more than ever, and though there is much the team can do to improve, are now set for our best finish EVER going into finals... But every win, all I can read is about how utterly s**t the team is and that we don't deserve our position.

Try telling that to the people who have been actually responsible for winning those games so far, and see how fast they deck you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't be the only one who is thrilled with the current ladder position, but feel like we are so out of form at the moment it is going to be hard to turn around when it matters..

We absolutely dominated general play, smashed them. We handballed very well in congestion and our set up behind the ball was spot on.
We also were great in the clearances. Neale had a massive game. Hill was excellent. Spurr played well. We just didnt convert our dominance. However I think Griffin is showing something and will continue to pick up the pace and have an impact. Our sub was effective and played a clear role.

We didnt put it on the scoreboard but there was a lot more good than bad. We only have one or two areas to improve. Out run from behind and pressure was excellent all over the ground. We are not top of the ladder by accident.

If we had converted all of our opportunities

If we had converted all of our opportunities in 2013 we'd have won the premiership. This has not been a short term problem. We have been terrible at scoring and no amount of midfield dominance has helped that at all.

I can't see us winning a premiership until we start kicking scores well over 100 on a regular basis and although we are top of the ladder I'm not confident coming into finals.

I sincerely miss the days when I could come on here and have like-minded people to celebrate wins with, and live in hope we would make the finals and this could be the year.

These days, we're winning more than ever, and though there is much the team can do to improve, are now set for our best finish EVER going into finals... But every win, all I can read is about how utterly s**t the team is and that we don't deserve our position.

Try telling that to the people who have been actually responsible for winning those games so far, and see how fast they deck you.
You miss the days when we were s**t? We used to celebrate wins like that because they were so rare.

We need to demand excellence if we want to be a successful side. It is a good thing that we now expect to win.

It is a good thing to see where we can improve.

This is the attitude of winning teams and successful cultures.

But by all means, pine for the mediocre years. I'm certainly not remembering them fondly.

I expect the Darwin awards to have a bumper year of entries next time we rebuild

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Not like they needed percentage - just did what they needed to do and got the job done - Hawks and WCE looked like crap this weekend too. It's been a weird season.

it's a discussion forum, not everyone is going to share the same opinion as you, don't take it to heart when people disagree with you or you won't last long.

There was a kick that was the heath shaws advantage instead of walters, and a handball to nobody. Nothing terrible, definitely showed a lot. Not trying to bag weller at all, I just wanted to stick up for deboer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back