Autopsy Fremantle vs Port Adelaide - Freo beat Port by 8 - Positives and Negatives

Remove this Banner Ad

Shirks a contest ? Come on Reg, FCS.
Stay focussed mate. You started with his kicking and now you've gravitated to shirking.
You definitely got an agenda.
I'll leave it with you Reg.
I actually started with his turnovers, by hand and foot. Other posters have directed the discussion specifically to his kicking, which they have claimed is superb, so that's where we mostly end up. I could also talk about his missed tackles.

I don't have an agenda, I like my meetings casual.

I shift between watching games live and watching games on TV. I go to around seven - eight games a year and watch a ton of preseason and WAFL when I can. Im not a full member because I have commitments which involve charity work that means I cant always make every game.

The comedy gold comment was regard to your comment about how Pav should be replaced by Bradley, Apeness or Gumby which was easily the stupidest post Ive ever read on big footy by a very long margin.

There you go I have answered two of your questions. Is there any danger you will answer one of mine in regard to the bet and the top 14 finish? Make the bet if you dont think he will.

It seems bizare that you make the comments you do but you still think D.Pearce will finish in the top 14 of our best and fairest.
The trouble with your bet is that you're not offering any value. So you don't post, big deal, it's not as if you're doing a lot of that now and what you do post doesn't interest me.

You're the one who chose this arbitrary method of assessment, if he doesn't pass the test you should just fall on your own sword.

I too have been a big pearce critic this season but I thought yesterday from being at the game it was one of his best games. For all his downside he leads the league in inside 50s on both total and avge per game. That's why he keeps getting picked even if his disposal efficiency is terrible.

-
Unable to view the 3rd quarter on the AFL app, and the game replay is not working on AFL.com.au, yet all the other games are playing just fine.

Anyone else have this problem??

I too have been a big pearce critic this season but I thought yesterday from being at the game it was one of his best games. For all his downside he leads the league in inside 50s on both total and avge per game. That's why he keeps getting picked even if his disposal efficiency is terrible.
Does he keep getting picked because he leads inside 50s, or does he lead inside 50s because he keeps getting picked?

Like every player, he has a role. If it wasn't him, it would be the player in his role.

This sums up my views too. Has had some poor games this year but yesterday he was great

Does he keep getting picked because he leads inside 50s, or does he lead inside 50s because he keeps getting picked?

Like every player, he has a role. If it wasn't him, it would be the player in his role.
All players have a role. Some do it better than others. To say anyone could take pearce s spot and lead inside 50 count in the league is just silly. Like you for example your role, self appointed I might add, is to antagonize other posters who take a differing view to you. Others could try to do the same role as you but for some reason you are just better at it.

All players have a role. Some do it better than others. To say anyone could take pearce s spot and lead inside 50 count in the league is just silly. Like you for example your role, self appointed I might add, is to antagonize other posters who take a differing view to you. Others could try to do the same role as you but for some reason you are just better at it.

Do you think Gu could do his job better?

No. Mzungu does a great job in his role. I wouldn't want to take him from that hard running run with player role.
I think Pearce does a great job. But the stuff ups come with the brilliance and vision. Overall, he is an asset. Otherwise Lyon wouldn't back him as he does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

-
Unable to view the 3rd quarter on the AFL app, and the game replay is not working on AFL.com.au, yet all the other games are playing just fine.

Anyone else have this problem??

Yep, hopefully they fix it tomorrow. It has happened like this before. The game is just finishing on afl live TV.

Nice response. :thumbsu:

The thing is, how do you know there isn't a poster yet to step up that won't annoy people even more?

Hilly and PearcD have a similar role, just on opposite sides of the ground. They are (or were, haven't checked recently) 1 @ 2 in inside 50s. If another player was in either position for the whole of this year, I have no doubt it would be their name on the top of the list.

Positive-
Very efficient forward line
Mayne
Walters and Ballas shared 7
Strong defence
Top 4 secured
No injuries from what it looks like (Silvagni?)
Fyfe and Mcpharlin return next week
Lachie got a lot of it

Negatives-
Used all our interchanges with 5 minutes still to play
Mundy and Hill had limited impact
Umpiring was questionable
Some of the tackles were weak..
Obviously that 10 minute period, but not concerned tbh
May have to play Hawks at the MCG..

if anything mundy and hill impact minimal with a win, thats a big positive with fife out as well, all clearance and impact players… lachie neale, taberner, pay in the middle… worked a treat

A bloody good game? Which one was this?

I have my eyes wide open. When Danyle shirks a contest, they get wider.
Yep, pulled out and that led to a Port goal.

Neale also had a moment, and Suban didn't make the ball his own too.

Nice response. :thumbsu:

The thing is, how do you know there isn't a poster yet to step up that won't annoy people even more?

Hilly and PearcD have a similar role, just on opposite sides of the ground. They are (or were, haven't checked recently) 1 @ 2 in inside 50s. If another player was in either position for the whole of this year, I have no doubt it would be their name on the top of the list.
If Suban could win as much ball as Pearce and run as fast we might have an alternative. As it is we don't. He's a unique combination of pace, inside and outside and he kicks long and sometimes well. He's the best we have for that role, therefore he gets picked.

Yep, pulled out and that led to a Port goal.

Neale also had a moment, and Suban didn't make the ball his own too.
I don't understand why we, as supporters, can't be critical of a player's performance without creating hysteria among the hand wringers.

If Suban could win as much ball as Pearce and run as fast we might have an alternative. As it is we don't. He's a unique combination of pace, inside and outside and he kicks long and sometimes well. He's the best we have for that role, therefore he gets picked.
Pearce doesn't win much of the ball himself, he relies on others to get it for him. Suban wins plenty of ball but admittedly isn't quick. He has a better boot than Danyle though. Lachie might be an option.

I don't understand why we, as supporters, can't be critical of a player's performance without creating hysteria among the hand wringers.

Because. For. Farks. Sake. You aren't just critical of an aspect of a players performance. You are critical of the player, ignoring or minimising every aspect of the player that keeps him getting games. And you keep harping on about it, without a rest.

You call people who think you are wrong hand wringers.

With respect to Danyle Pearce, you are not a supporter. You are a white ant.

It's because you refuse to acknowledge the good and still rubbish him when he actually plays well. You are also (probably deliberately) ignoring all the work Danyle does inside to pad out your "soft crab" agenda not to mention his strong tackling. Morabito seems the most obvious replacement for him, not too many others on our list who can play his role though.

I find Pearce's kicking isn't great when he tries to absolutely drill the ball 1m off the ground to someone. When he takes a bit of time (when he can) and puts the ball in the air a bit in front of players he is a beautiful kick. Example - the kick to Pav in the 1st against port.

Because. For. Farks. Sake. You aren't just critical of an aspect of a players performance. You are critical of the player, ignoring or minimising every aspect of the player that keeps him getting games. And you keep harping on about it, without a rest.

You call people who think you are wrong hand wringers.

With respect to Danyle Pearce, you are not a supporter. You are a white ant.
I am critical of Danyle's turnovers and his fumbling. Earlier in the year I was critical of Spurr's pace, later this year I was critical of Pav's lack of defensive pressure. Next week I'll be critical of something else.

I don't keep harping on about Pearce at all, most of the time I only have to make one post and then battling the tears creates the rest. Perhaps I'm just very good at making a point.

It's because you refuse to acknowledge the good and still rubbish him when he actually plays well. You are also (probably deliberately) ignoring all the work Danyle does inside to pad out your "soft crab" agenda not to mention his strong tackling. Morabito seems the most obvious replacement for him, not too many others on our list who can play his role though.
If he plays a good game, I'll acknowledge it. I'm not sure where you get the idea that he works inside, that's not his role. As for strong tackling, well hell, I'm stunned. He only averages 2.7 tackles a game over his whole career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back