Unofficial Preview Fremantle vs Port Adelaide - Key Areas\Matchups

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't believe Channel 7 will have a 2 hour delay! No foxtel, no ticket to the game and 3 kids in tow means I am watching it at home..2 hrs after it starts!!!!!. Channel 7 ....******* campaigners!

Doesn't seem fair does it ?
I bet there are people who have Foxtel and are seated members who will be at the game to watch it live.

Should be an interesting game. We're hitting form at the right time of year, but Port are very good and we won't get away with a depleted midfield like we did against Brisbane. Big night for our bottom 6/depth players. Win the clearances, defend like Lyon himself and just f-ing run.

As an aside, the top 5 haven't been pretty awful on the road against each other this year. By my reckoning only 1 away win out of 9 (Sydney against Port) so far. That excludes Hawthorn vs Geelong for obvious reasons.

To be fair to Port though, they've only had to play a top 4 team once outside Adelaide.

Should be an interesting game. We're hitting form at the right time of year, but Port are very good and we won't get away with a depleted midfield like we did against Brisbane. Big night for our bottom 6/depth players. Win the clearances, defend like Lyon himself and just f-ing run.

As an aside, the top 5 haven't been pretty awful on the road against each other this year. By my reckoning only 1 away win out of 9 (Sydney against Port) so far. That excludes Hawthorn vs Geelong for obvious reasons.

To be fair to Port though, they've only had to play a top 4 team once outside Adelaide.

And most of those top 4 teams meetings at Adelaide were coming off 6 day breaks; Certainly Fremantle and Hawthorn.

And most of those top 4 teams meetings at Adelaide were coming off 6 day breaks; Certainly Fremantle and Hawthorn.

Hawthorn were injury depleted too from memory.

I'd love to have had a crack at Sydney at home. Either that or Mundy's kick against Geelong going 3m to the left.

If it wasn't for buddy's 2 telling goals we should have won game in Sydney. Beat them on all other kpi's. Was a little wet that day at scg as well 2nd half. We absorbed the early onslaught from Sydney and I think this is where the game will be won Saturday. If freo get out I don't feel we have experience to win. But if we can match or exceed your intensity, game on.

If it wasn't for buddy's 2 telling goals we should have won game in Sydney. Beat them on all other kpi's. Was a little wet that day at scg as well 2nd half. We absorbed the early onslaught from Sydney and I think this is where the game will be won Saturday. If freo get out I don't feel we have experience to win. But if we can match or exceed your intensity, game on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Based on the sides being as above, we'd would fancy ourselves to get on top around stoppages and get first use of the ball. More talent and depth in the midfield without Fyfe and Barlow. We'd rightfully have little chance if both were playing.

My thoughts exactly. Freo midfielders will really need to step up a level to match and beat Port. Freo have Port covered fwd and def quiet comfortably though.

God I'm getting nervous for this game... I see that Port has almost no injury list concerns right now whereas ours is significant. Dammit for Fyfe's brain-snap, I wouldn't be losing too much sleep if I knew he was playing.

God I'm getting nervous for this game... I see that Port has almost no injury list concerns right now whereas ours is significant. Dammit for Fyfe's brain-snap, I wouldn't be losing too much sleep if I knew he was playing.

So so frustrating. I wouldn't expect the boys to be too happy with Fyfey at the present and rightly so.

The midfield of Port really worries me. Boak, Gray, Hartlett and Ebert are all guns, and without Barlow and Fyfe I reckon we may struggle.

Hartlett has been really damaging in recent weeks, and I think Crowley should go to him first.

My nerves are shot already!

Very uncool. No one should ever wish an injury on any player!!! Poor form.

Sonnyboy, is that you with a new alias?
Suspiciously joins the forum at the pointy end of the season. Check.
Posts injury troll within first few posts. Check.
Posts on opposition board shortly after joining. Check.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back