Unofficial Preview Fremantle vs Port Adelaide - Key Areas\Matchups

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually can't recall Mundy ever being tagged.

I'm sure he's been tagged before. Pies may have done it I think. Doesn't happen much, but I'm pretty sure at least one team did it last year.

EDIT: Googling a bit... this season, sounds like Greenwood ran with him against north and Langford tagged him for a bit in the second half of the round 3 Hawks game (Fyfe not available). Lower tagged Mundy last year. There are likely other occasions... but three examples is enough for the moment I reckon. I'd have thought he would be tagged more last year than this year, but can't get access to the right pages on Fan Footy from 2013.

Last edited:
The bottom line is you guys always find a way to win at home , port massive underdogs .

You simply do not want Matt White getting goal side of you, he has elite speed and you will not catch him if you give him a 5m head start. Hill is not defensive enough and you would not want to make him that as you would rob his offensive game.

If Matt White gets goal side it normally ends in a port goal. I would rather somebody else on him.

Hopefully we can rely on some extra special last line defence again

YibGsO.gif

Cornes to hill could be right. DPearce - much much rather our current half backs or wing options. Love the spray he got last game between us from Lyon. Nothing's changed. Turn the heat on him and has a sook.

Glad Barlow and pav playing. May as well play the best at your fortress to be realistic on where port are at.

Battle of the mids and which half back line can break lines.

Cornes to hill could be right. DPearce - much much rather our current half backs or wing options. Love the spray he got last game between us from Lyon. Nothing's changed. Turn the heat on him and has a sook.

Glad Barlow and pav playing. May as well play the best at your fortress to be realistic on where port are at.

We are glad too.I'm really interested to see how Port try and contain the Walters,ballas & crozier show.

Its a real shame Fyfe had that loading from the stupid suspension earlier in the year and that McPharlin is out. It would have been good if both teams were full strength.

I think Port's fall from grace mid-season was overall worse than ours; we struggled in the first half and the Saints were an abomination but we've been more convincing overall. I think we can claim Top 4 tomorrow.

Hey guys I was just wondering how the ground will cope with the heavy rain you guys are having today? Is it likely to drain well and be ok for tomorrow or do you think it will be soaked under foot?

Some grounds retain the water longer than others.

Hey guys I was just wondering how the ground will cope with the heavy rain you guys are having today? Is it likely to drain well and be ok for tomorrow or do you think it will be soaked under foot?

Some grounds retain the water longer than others.

It will be a quagmire.Where the ground is situated used to be wetlands,part of the wagalulu under ground water system

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It shouldn't be that wet. o_O

The drainage at Subi is very good. It'll be wet but not pooling anywhere (unless we get a storm come through just before the game).

It shouldn't be that wet. o_O

The drainage at Subi is very good. It'll be wet but not pooling anywhere (unless we get a storm come through just before the game).

Please please please dry out.

The recall of Impey shows Hinkley is concerned about Freo's smalls. Ballantyne was well beaten by Impey last time, but he had no support. The forward line is in good health and if Barlow is right to go the midfield is good enough to beat Port's.

Even if Freo don't win the clearances - and the Mundy/Sandilands tandem is working well at the moment anyway so that should be less of a concern - I'd expect midfield pressure to cause turnovers and Freo to rebound effectively.

Over 70 inside 50's in that game vs Gold Coast says the final margin was very flattering for them.

The recall of Impey shows Hinkley is concerned about Freo's smalls.

Who wouldn't be. Both potential all Australians. Finding a player who can effectively lock down small forwards is hard enough, let alone when 1 team has 2 of them.

That said Robbie Gray and Chad Wingard are pretty good too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back