Autopsy Fremantle vs St Kilda Postives and Negatives

Remove this Banner Ad

???
How is this a positiv. We actually don't move up to 3rd but down to 3rd...

True true - sorry forgot we were 2nd not 4th at the start of the round. My bad!!

Well we were 5th when the siren went on Saturday night, but by the end of the round we could move back up 2 spots without even doing anything. So it's a positive that the damage could be mitigated somewhat.

:thumbsu:

As dissapointing as it is to have coughed up a golden chance to def. grab 2nd spot on the ladder the rest of the season is still in our hands (Although it will help if Sydney thrash Hawthorn).

We carried too many players into the match and I really suspect we were heavy legged from training loads as well maybe - other top 8 teams also struggling to get over the line. We have the bye to freshen up now and hit Carlton onwards with the mindset we will need.

To me the biggest negative is thinking that so many of the players we thought could come in and play a role like Sylvia, Mora, Griffin, Tabs have failed to fire when asked which leaves our depth in question. Mora the only one of those guys who I would expect to get another chance this season with Hill, Walters, Sandi etc coming back in. Even Mora may only get one or two more games (and maybe as a sub) to show he can contribute significantly.

To me the biggest negative is thinking that so many of the players we thought could come in and play a role like Sylvia, Mora, Griffin, Tabs have failed to fire when asked which leaves our depth in question. Mora the only one of those guys who I would expect to get another chance this season with Hill, Walters, Sandi etc coming back in. Even Mora may only get one or two more games (and maybe as a sub) to show he can contribute significantly.[/QUOTE]

Yep, and even Ibbo seems a significant in after that performance. DeBoer's chances of staying in have just sky-rocketed, he may not have all the skills of others but he gives great effort!

Lets forget Griffin, as it was his first AFL game back from a knee reconstruction and give Mora a partial excuse, but the other two do not, at this point, have the pressure and urgency skills we are used to in this team.

Yep, and even Ibbo seems a significant in after that performance. DeBoer's chances of staying have just sky rocketed, he may not have all the skills of others but he gives great effort!

Lets forget Griffin, as it was his first AFL game back from a knee reconstruction and give Mora a partial excuse, but the other two do not, at this point, have the pressure and urgency skills we are used to in this team.

Shows you what happens when you are missing role players like de Boer. Most on here don't rate what he does but clearly he is really important to our structures.

It's interesting that we fail to fire on the back of 6 day breaks...All Losses from 6 day breaks: Hawks (6 day break), Sydney (6 day break), North (6 day break), Port (6 day break) and now Saints (6 day break).....The only 6 day break game we won was against Richmond and we struggled against them (remove Ballantyne 6 goals and we potentially lose)

I think you meant Negative, Mzungu. Drops easy marks, slow decision making and can't tackle. That and he only has one speed when running, he lost his opponent way too many times today. He wasn't the only one buy he does it week in and week out and doesn't do enough the other way to justify it.

My first time back at Big Footy in a while and your still a f****n idiot!

Shows you what happens when you are missing role players like de Boer. Most on here don't rate what he does but clearly he is really important to our structures.

He didn't seem that necessary the last 3 games we played which we won easily without him.

In any case a defensive forward role-player would have done sweet rock all on the weekend, we hardly got the ball forward of centre and St Kilda had about 66% of the possession for the entire game. Which is why it's silly that everyone is bagging the 3 forwards (Taberner, Morabito and Sylvia). What are they supposed to do when the ball rarely comes down there? (And their leads aren't honoured when it does).

It's interesting that we fail to fire on the back of 6 day breaks...All Losses from 6 day breaks: Hawks (6 day break), Sydney (6 day break), North (6 day break), Port (6 day break) and now Saints (6 day break).....The only 6 day break game we won was against Richmond and we struggled against them (remove Ballantyne 6 goals and we potentially lose)
Look at the teams we were playing though. Looks like whoever set up those fixtures wanted to ensure we lost a few games. 6 day break and travel for the expected top 2 teams in the league and an up and comer. 6 day break for another up and comer.

If Richmond was an away game then that's another 6 dayer with travel against a team expected to push up the ladder this year.

Someone at afl house doesn't want us making the granny again this year.

Look at the teams we were playing though. Looks like whoever set up those fixtures wanted to ensure we lost a few games. 6 day break and travel for the expected top 2 teams in the league and an up and comer. 6 day break for another up and comer.

If Richmond was an away game then that's another 6 dayer with travel against a team expected to push up the ladder this year.

It is interesting! All those 6 day break games were also while travelling. Except the North game, however that was on the back of consecutive 6 day breaks…You’re right with Richmond too, if it wasn’t for ballaz it would have been trouble!

It is interesting! All those 6 day break games were also while travelling. Except the North game, however that was on the back of consecutive 6 day breaks…You’re right with Richmond too, if it wasn’t for ballaz it would have been trouble!
I didn't mention balla. One of the folks did earlier in the thread.

It's a tough fixture for us this year... any way you slice it. Unnecessarily tough I reckon. Sydney have had a dream run in comparison.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nope ... a fully deserving comment ... he has form
He is a classic, loves making a call early on in their career that a player he doesn't like is no good, and then refuses to acknowledge that he was wrong no matter how good they play.

Ooh I love a good conspiracy theory. A parting gift from Vlad perhaps.

I'm still not sure what we did to make him hate us so much. Meanwhile other clubs can run a doping program, launch a public smear campaign against him, try to sue him in court, and they still get Anzac day.

He is a classic, loves making a call early on in their career that a player he doesn't like is no good, and then refuses to acknowledge that he was wrong no matter how good they play.
Haven't been wrong yet and I was the only one here to say Mundy was going to be a gun midfielder, so my form is pretty good. I said Palmer would be crap and is. You just don't like that I'm right and can't handle someone saying one of our players is crap. Pretty typical BF mentality right there.

Haven't been wrong yet and I was the only one here to say Mundy was going to be a gun midfielder, so my form is pretty good. I said Palmer would be crap and is. You just don't like that I'm right and can't handle someone saying one of our players is crap. Pretty typical BF mentality right there.

The amount of times you say you don't even bother to watch our games I'm not surprised you haven't noticed Mz turn into a consistent quality contributor.

Ooh I love a good conspiracy theory. A parting gift from Vlad perhaps.

I'm still not sure what we did to make him hate us so much. Meanwhile other clubs can run a doping program, launch a public smear campaign against him, try to sue him in court, and they still get Anzac day.

I can answer that question.

The reason Vlad hates us so much is possibly because

1) We screwed up his preferred Grand Final of Hawthorn vs Geelong by knocking off Geelong in the Qualifying Final down at Geelong. It also explains why they moved the final there in the first place....because they genuinely believed that Freo would lose

2) We knocked Sydney out of the finals in that ripping Preliminary Final. Vlad wanted to see Sydney there again to try and knock off either the Cats or Hawks.

I don't think there is a conspiracy against Freo, they manipulate the fixture every year to make sure teams they think are ahead of other teams are handicapped to try and maintain some sense of competitiveness across the comp.
Few people want to see some team go 21-1, the AFL has everyone exactly where they want them, 6 rounds to go and no one has any idea who will be top 4 or top 8. I think they gamble that in the end the cream rises to the top anyway.

I can answer that question.

The reason Vlad hates us so much is possibly because

1) We screwed up his preferred Grand Final of Hawthorn vs Geelong by knocking off Geelong in the Qualifying Final down at Geelong. It also explains why they moved the final there in the first place....because they genuinely believed that Freo would lose

2) We knocked Sydney out of the finals in that ripping Preliminary Final. Vlad wanted to see Sydney there again to try and knock off either the Cats or Hawks.

3) I think he took it personally when we rested half our team against the Saints. Even though no one has ever had a problem with it when the Vic teams have done it.

The amount of times you say you don't even bother to watch our games I'm not surprised you haven't noticed Mz turn into a consistent quality contributor.
Remind me the last time I said I didn't bother. THere have been times where I haven't been able to due to various reasons, but I've been to 3 games this season (Adelaide, Melbourne, Darwin) and am travelling to Brisbane to watch that game. He was pitiful in two of those. If you can prove me wrong, go for it... I don't care. But what I say stands.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back