Toast Fremantle's 1st Pick: Darcy Tucker

Remove this Banner Ad

his footage reminds me a bit of a young stephen hill the way he moves and carries the ball,has a penetrating kick also.
was hoping we would get a tall forward with our first pick but i guess our pick was too late in the draft

Balic is probably the wild card pick for me, former basketball player, great in the air
him and crozier would be exciting to watch on the HFF

Judging from Darcy's Twitter handle, he plays in jumper #7... Looks like he'll be changing numbers!

It would have been interesting to know who called the draftees last night from Freo. RtB and one of the Steves would have spoken to them about logistics, and no doubt a heap of texts were sent their way from the players. But whether Pav, Mundy or Fyfe gave them a call would give a good indication of where the captaincy is going next season.

Judging from Darcy's Twitter handle, he plays in jumper #7... Looks like he'll be changing numbers!

It would have been interesting to know who called the draftees last night from Freo. RtB and one of the Steves would have spoken to them about logistics, and no doubt a heap of texts were sent their way from the players. But whether Pav, Mundy or Fyfe gave them a call would give a good indication of where the captaincy is going next season.

Nat is O/S so doubt it was him.

his footage reminds me a bit of a young stephen hill the way he moves and carries the ball,has a penetrating kick also.
was hoping we would get a tall forward with our first pick but i guess our pick was too late in the draft
http://www.afl.com.au/video/2015-10-09/draft-prospect-darcy-tucker

That looks like Nick Dal Santo crossed with Anthony Stevens.

But the encouraging things are numerous: Attacking mindset, great in traffic and he has a nice right foot.

To me he kind of reminds me of a taller version of Kade Simpson. His highlights aren't to dissimilar to Liam Duggan though. This may all just be because he is a smooth moving left footer.

It must be surreal as a young kid to get selected and then on the same night you get a load of strangers starting to follow you on Twitter!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darcy Tucker is a huge St Kilda fan so it will be an honor for him to play under St Kilda's greatest ever coach.

Hope he didn't pot RTB on social media a few years ago....

His athletic profile is almost identical to Andrew Gaff's. Same beep test and 20m sprint results, and very similar 3km time trial result. They both have a tidy left boot also. With his solid build he could play next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back