Toast Fremantle's 1st Rookie Pick: Matthew Uebergang

Remove this Banner Ad

Interview with him and his brother about League of Legends;
http://egamingnetwork.com/the-ubergiant-brothers/

nerd.jpg

Pfft pencil neck

Looks to be a good decision maker in general play, loved his goalkicking action in the highlights reel. 45m out and only took 8 steps to kick, 50 out and took 12.

Its encouraging, Im not sure about KPF yet as he does need to add more meat on his frame but he has good hands and a bit of agility for his size.

With the League of legends thing, well, i suppose it beats getting on the beers from a clubs point of view.

The e after the U (Uebergang) is a replacement for the umlaut I believe so it would still be Oobah. Appears we've selected him with developing him into a KPD in mind. Oh s**t 3 quick wickets!

Oh lord, please don't spell it as "oobah" - people will add a "B" on the front... and if there's one thing you don't want, it's Boobah playing across HB.

For the uninitiated... THESE are Boobah:

(...on the plus side they're still better drilled than Carlton's 2015 backline...)

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...1e860573a6a7a62735447a7ad?from=herald sun_rss

The Fremantle rookie draft pick-up was once a semi-professional video game player who travelled the country playing for money in League of Legendstournaments.

In one of the most unique stories footy has thrown up, the 194cm key forward is in the running to replace the biggest legend the Dockers have had in veteran spearhead Matthew Pavlich.

Having sometimes practised playing League of Legends for eight hours a day, the 20-year-old former Brisbane academy player is already gaining a following in online fan forums. But amid predictions he could become a new cult figure at Fremantle, the only thing the Dockers are interested in is his footy.

LOL

If it was meant to be pronounced you-ber-gang it would have been spelt Ubergang (as in ubiquity, utilize, uniform, etc). The "e" modifies the "u" in place of the umlaut. Übergang means "transition" in German.

Wishing you a brilliant transition to the big league, Mr Uebergang:thumbsu:

Hopefully Uebergang makes a smooth transition to AFL

My work around these parts is criminally underrated :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of my best friends and one of the most genuine people you could know, so freaking happy for him that he's been picked up! Will be buying a fremantle guernsey with whatever number he gets. :D

What we're really dying to know.... Is can you beat him at LOL and who has taken his spot in the team?

FREO HURRY UP AND RELEASE HIS NUMBER!!!!!!!!!!

YOU DON'T LIKE MONEY?

Uebergang merchandise $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Awesome name, plays computer games for a living, drafted by Freo. I have a new idol. Probably has a ridiculously hot out of his league girlfriend too.

Every girl is out of your league when you're a gamer aren't they?

Hehe... jks guys.

I get the impression all AFL players do in their spare time is play games though (other than doing coke of course) so he should fit right in. He may have to switch from DotALoLWoW, or whatever it's called, to FIFA or NBA 2K though.

:D Let him know he's our new cult hero and we're all rooting for him.
Haha I have. Got a group chat going on facebook with our two other best mates, so we're having a pretty good laugh about the love for him on this thread.
What we're really dying to know.... Is can you beat him at LOL and who has taken his spot in the team?
He's the only one in our group that plays lol. Only time it comes up now is when we complain about how he's impossibly good at everything he does. :p

Can't believe they just handed #26 out willy-nilly last year
Right - who wants to do one of those Change.org petitions for the transition of #26 from Ed to Uebes?

[read: I'm lazy but think this would be for the good of the game]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back