Toast Fremantle's 2nd pick: Harley Balic

Remove this Banner Ad

Ace Balic.

I am pretty happy with this pick. He is not hitting at a list weakness and will have to work hard to get his chance. But he does play in a role where we can improve our game. Good test of character, and it reads to me like he will respond well.

For what it is worth I actuually think Balic potentially fills a key need for our team if you look past the 2017 season. When Mundy and Barlow retire Blakely and Balic should be ready to go and replace them in an inside mid role.

At this point in time you can only say potentially, but potentially Balic might also be able to rotate with Fyfe swapping forward and midfield roles. This pick could turn out to be an inspired choice IMO ins terms of meeting a future key need for our club.

Seriously WTF! He's already said his Dad's comment was taken out of context and I don't think it's an outrageous response for a mother to be upset that her son is moving to the otherside of the country.

What more do you want?
What more do I want? For you to properly read my post if you're going to bother to take the time to respond to it would be a start.
I never said it's outrageous for his Mum to simply be upset... of course it's not. Offering 70K to stay home however is clearly bats#*t crazy.
If not true then shame on me for ever believing anything written in the Herald friggin Sun. Let's hope it's not.

Getting in early...
This player will be an elite gun.

Would seem like he has all the tools, still needs lady luck tho...

he has a comprehensive highlight package off several games (good and bad) and builds as each game progresses.

Natural talent, could be anything.....

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hmm more you read the more you see the +/- of this pick, hopefully we can win a premiership and keep him.

I feel the same, a good with Ross would put any concerns to rest. They would know that boy was going to be well looked after. Plus Harley & Darcy are great mates and would look for other.

have a mate drafted to the same club would make things a little smoother. At least I hope so.
Ed Langdon was a team mate of Harley's in 2014

What more do I want? For you to properly read my post if you're going to bother to take the time to respond to it would be a start.
I never said it's outrageous for his Mum to simply be upset... of course it's not. Offering 70K to stay home however is clearly bats#*t crazy.
If not true then shame on me for ever believing anything written in the Herald friggin Sun. Let's hope it's not.

I'm sure it's true but the remark was obviously said in jest. It's just a nice way for the Dad to express how much he'll miss his boy.

The only thing that is clearly bats#*t crazy is those getting riled up by it...

Sumich, Pavlich, Balic. It's got a lovely West Perth ring to it!

On je veliki igrac

By the way #29's parents were distraught about 16 years ago. Now they are died in the wool.

About 5 years ago #7 was a Richmond tragic, today he would "live and die for the Dockers"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back