Fremantle's 4th Pick: Shane Yarran (Rest in Peace)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlikely.
I don't see us totally dropping the pressure forward role. Seeing how Rioli destroyed us in the Prelim, a forward with natural goal instinct may be better at than role that a hard tackling one who can't score. There is a good chance Ballas will take on the role if Mayne is dropped.

He's also one of RTB's favourites, there's no way he's getting the elbow any time soon.

Ballas will be fine, I just wish he and Son Son would stop falling over like they've been out of the piss all night.

As for Shane Yarran, I think he's been selected for his more mature body size as cover up forward. He'll really need to jump out in pre-season to get a game early doors. But there again I am not RTB or the coaching group, they may well have big plans for him.

He's also one of RTB's favourites, there's no way he's getting the elbow any time soon.

Ballas will be fine, I just wish he and Son Son would stop falling over like they've been out of the piss all night.

As for Shane Yarran, I think he's been selected for his more mature body size as cover up forward. He'll really need to jump out in pre-season to get a game early doors. But there again I am not RTB or the coaching group, they may well have big plans for him.
True but with the fact he is in tbe rehab group will put him behind i thinj

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Afl site saying yarran is still recovering from a knee injury and wont be back into full training for a bit. Wonder if that will effect his chance of round 1

Would have been very surprised if he played in the first round anyhow especially with a fit squad (if it still is at that time) and the addition of Bennell who can play some time forward.

Hows he getting singled out?
Did you see the thread title? It is the Shane Yarran thread.

I was simply giving my opinion as to where I see Shane Yarran at the moment.
Fair enough. Although, it seems strange because those things are the same for 100% of players making the step up to AFL. So it seemed like he was being singled out for some reason. Wasn't having a go.

If you don't want your other account whacked then I suggest you give up on this alias.
You've already whacked it, hence my new account. Really the fact that it's so offensive that I support WA is just silly. Get offended by it all you like, it's really not my problem.

You've already whacked it, hence my new account. Really the fact that it's so offensive that I support WA is just silly. Get offended by it all you like, it's really not my problem.
You'd be pretty busy if you were Victorian. The whole "I support WA" mantra is a nonsense in AFL. Pick a team and commit to it.

Would think he will need a few weeks at peel playing our game style before moving up.

On that - on one of the threads collins mentions that box hill play very similar to the way the Hawks do for obvious reasons. Can you see peel move forward even more in this similarity in 2016?

Can anyone answer how his knee actually is ? Im excited about this guy and think he can make an immediate impact. But a "twinge" in the WAFL GF and still in a rehab group worries me. If he is not ready for round 1 of pre-season matches he may sruggle to break into the team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone answer how his knee actually is ? Im excited about this guy and think he can make an immediate impact. But a "twinge" in the WAFL GF and still in a rehab group worries me. If he is not ready for round 1 of pre-season matches he may sruggle to break into the team

It's unlike you to worry, Simmo

Call me a pessimist, but I don't expect a bloke that was taken in the fourth round, who is 26 years old, to come in and match the output of one of the best 2nd/3rd talls in the business. Keep a lid on it imo and if he turns out to be any sort of upgrade on Mayne we should consider it a win...

Pessimist.

I was thinking the same thing but surely the club would have done its due diligence before the draft, it was no secret he had an issue with his knee in the GF.

Afl site saying yarran is still recovering from a knee injury and wont be back into full training for a bit. Wonder if that will effect his chance of round 1

He did an MCL (relatively high grade I understand). Long term no issues. Should be fine for round 1.

Interesting piece in this article from Ross on Yarran.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-12-03/its-on-the-radar-lyon-flags-dockers-captaincy-switch

Lyon said Yarran had put together a compelling case for the Dockers to draft him with pick No.61 in the NAB AFL Draft, not just through his football where he dominated for Subiaco over two seasons in the WAFL, but also in rebuilding his life after he was released from a lengthy stint in prison.

"He's done some significant hard yards," Lyon said.

"He'd been catching the train an hour-and-a-half to training and back, working as a plumber's apprentice full-time, has got a young baby and was performing.

"So there was a real consistency outside of his football. If he had not done any of that and (the recruiters) brought him to me, I would've been able to say no. But he's put a strong case that he was trying to build his life and someone said to me you always give someone a second chance, but never a third."

Apologies if this has been brought up elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back