Analysis Fremantle's assistant coaches.

Remove this Banner Ad

The bloke who should be going is Bond. He reminds me of when I go fishing. Everyone else is pulling in the snapper and all I get are blowies.

He has a big job to do this off-season. Lets hope he can pull a big deal out of his arse.
I doubt Bonds position is under pressure from the board.

The bloke who should be going is Bond. He reminds me of when I go fishing. Everyone else is pulling in the snapper and all I get are blowies.

He has a big job to do this off-season. Lets hope he can pull a big deal out of his arse.

It's not going to be an easy sell job for him.

"Come and play key forward for us"

"But your game plan is so defensive, I'll be made to look like a fool and I've seen how the WC media treat an under performing Freo recruit"

"Nah, Ross is changing the game plan"

"Ha,ha...yeah Ross...haha...right, I've heard that before, and I'd have to sit in a tin box for 8 hours every second week"

"That's not such a big issue. The Eagles have won 3 (insert 4 next week) flags doing it."

"But they don't get absolutely raped by the umpies every week like Freo do. Don't you know how everyone hates Freo Bondy?"

"We've got a new marketing campaign that'll fix that"

"Nah, I'm good thanks Bondy"

I hope we find a place for Jarrad Schofield, he has a pretty good record as coach, plus the bouns of being a Docker previously. Don't know if they will poach anyone, just hope they get the best available coaches, I'm sure we will get some good'uns.
Hope not. I've been to coaching accreditation course where he has addressed the coaches and his public derision of Fremantle as a club was pathetic. Don't think the snivelling weasil would come anywhere near Freo.

I think the change is for the better. Our midfield definitely can do with some rejigging as seeing some not so highly ranked teams prevoiusly achieve serious improvement due to some structure in the midfield despite tge same cattle there.

We really lack offensive spread, its rare that we move the ball quick and clean enough where a forward gets a clean lead or a chain of possession leads to a midfielder having a shot from 35 out on the run.

Finding a good replacement for Kirk and Lloyd is more important than finding a mark clunking forward. I am really confident we will see changes for the better and alot more promise.

I loved Kirk :(

Yeah, I'm a bit of fan myself. Sounds like some of the younger players really locked on to him too.

Time to bring Simon Black home.

Like that idea, but from what little we know, he's very settled in Qld these days - his contract is up though.

I believe he's been working as the Lion's fwd/attacking coach. Not sure if that's the best advertisement, but at least he's been thinking about scoring in his short coaching career. Rated him supper high as a player and always thought he'd be good on a coaching panel. Like I said, I think he's very settled in Qld though.

I know Brett Ratten has had a major loss of his son but if he was up for a change of scenery IMO he would be an excellent choice. Worked under Clarko for a few years and did a respectable job at Carlton. Could be the midfieid coach.

Ross has great influence on the assistant coaches.

The only reason Kirk was given freedom because Kirk loves the defensive game plan and Ross knew he would turn our midfield into a force.

I don't really see the next one having a great impact, unless they have balls and the reputation that Ross respects.

The Hawks have quite a few players in their early 30's;

Burgoyne
Gibson
Hale
Hodge
Mitchell
Lake

Hodge and Mitchell would probably be the only two capable of stepping into a senior coaching position next year but if we did decide to actually employ a skills coach again, Burgoyne would be bloody good to get!

Ross has great influence on the assistant coaches.

The only reason Kirk was given freedom because Kirk loves the defensive game plan and Ross knew he would turn our midfield into a force.

I don't really see the next one having a great impact, unless they have balls and the reputation that Ross respects.
Like Lenny Hayes?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo would be mad to not go after Jarrad Schofield.

Back-to-back WAFL premiership coach, AFL premiership player, has had experiences across a variety of clubs and knows his stuff.

If Freo don't snap him up, someone else will.

Good pick even as a Lloyd replacement development coach. Good fit.

Look where he's taken Subi over the last three years.

How much of their improvement was due to their colts progressing to league and how much of that did he have involvement with?

From my very limited take they have recovered at least two AFL players in Kyal Horsley and Sam Menegola who, for all their limitations, are a step above regular WAFL players. They killed on the spread so power runners like Menegola get involved a lot.

Not sure that his efforts at subi are necessarily prof that he's a good development coach. Subi are one of the better resourced WAFL clubs and always manage to attract ready Made recruits to the club. Menegola being the most recent example of that.

Greg Harding would be the perfect fit not only with the way he has developed colts into footballers but he is also big into football skills .He also has Smart spotting talent .

Greg Harding would be the perfect fit not only with the way he has developed colts into footballers but he is also big into football skills .He also has Smart spotting talent .
Yeah I think Percy Johnson on 91.3fm rates Harding, or Swans program, he always makes interesting observations, could do worse than
listen to what he has to say, knows wafl footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back